Christian - Why does he "never" win?

Sparvid

I was watching Raw tonight (the ones that are aired here are a couple of weeks behind, and cut down to an hour) where Orton defeated Christian. I think Christian is one of the most entertaining people outside of the ring, and not exactly the worst inside of it, so I thought I'd check on Obsessed With Wrestling on how he's been booked lately. As far as I can see, since his return in August, the only matches he hasn't ended up on the losing side is:

December 13th - Six men tag team, Maven (on Christians team) pins Shelton Benjamin.

and

September 27th - Christian & Tomko vs Michaels & Jericho, Christian pins Michaels.

Is there any reason why he has to lose almost every match he's in, even when they're of no specific "importance", like against Kane on the last Raw?

Because the bookers say so.

Everybody goes through it, its how wrestling works. Remember when he was IC champ? He never lost, and now they have no real plans for him, he is used to put others over. Eventually, his time will come again and he will start winning again, and further down the road again, he will lose over and over once more.

Wrestling works in cycles in many ways.

yup thats pretty much it, most guys unless their character really takes off in a big way like austin or hogan will have patches where they get a big push and then that runs it's course and they drop a title or whatever, do their rematches and then drop out of that title picture and either go up to the next level like Cena is doing or the drop to the midcard again like Christian

it truly does suck that christian doesn't win.this guy has it all.good wrestling ability and great on the mic and also backstage.this guy is funny when he does promos.it truly is a shame he doesn't win more often.

also he is a heel and no one wants the heels to win so again to reiterate he is used to put faces over. And he does a damn good job. I would be more than happy to see him drafted to Smackdown and feud with Cena for the WWE title after WM21

christian is awesome hes just good and like a few people said its his turn to put faces over whatever so he'll evtually get his time i love watching him both wrestling and on the mic hes one of my faves and IS BETTER THAN ORTON,,.,

Definately the guy deserves a big push, he has contributed more to the buisness than many of the other guys have. He has always stuck to the WWE and has never turned his back on them, he is one of the single few guys who have a lot of talent and it isn't being made use of.

I'm sure that the CLB will get a title run soon.

ya maybe a ic title run but not the main title.

Another IC run for Christian? Gimme a damn break!!!!!! Christian has been around a long time now. He has held every title on Raw many times over except for the World Heavyweight title. The only route left is for Christian to get a push towards the World heavyweight title picture.

Now that rumors are flying off the charts that Randy Orton will be joining Smackdown after Wrestlemania that leaves room for somebody to get a much needed push. Edge has had a couple of shots at the World title.

Why not Christian? Just because hes a heel doesnt mean he wouldnt be as entertaining if he was going after HHH or Batista for the gold. I dont understand why he"never" wins either. Hes as good a heel as anyone.

Christian is just as talented as anyone on raw or smackdown but he is overlooked just as much as the cruiserweights for one reason. that is that they are not 6 foot 8 and weigh three or four hundred pounds. Talent doesnt mean anything and christian as well as the smaller guys who deserve much more will never get any further than IC or maybe even the tag titles. I think christian should team up with edge once more for another go at the tag team titles which would maybe bring the tag team rankings back to life. with the return of the dudleys whenever they return would lead to some decent matches. hopefully

Another IC run for Christian? Gimme a damn break!!!!!! Christian has been around a long time now. He has held every title on Raw many times over except for the World Heavyweight title. The only route left is for Christian to get a push towards the World heavyweight title picture.

Now that rumors are flying off the charts that Randy Orton will be joining Smackdown after Wrestlemania that leaves room for somebody to get a much needed push. Edge has had a couple of shots at the World title.

Why not Christian? Just because hes a heel doesnt mean he wouldnt be as entertaining if he was going after HHH or Batista for the gold. I dont understand why he"never" wins either. Hes as good a heel as anyone.

trust me i love to see christian get at least a title shot.he deffinetly deserves it.but i just can't see him as the main champ.he more of a ic champ than any thing right now.doesn't mean down the road he could finally get pushed to a title run like how they did with edge.

Admittedly, I am a Peep of Captain Charisma, so I had to say something.

There's been some great points made here. Christian is a damn good worker, a ring general, his heel gimmick is funny and entertaining as hell and he's stuck with the WWE. I love the guy. His part in the Wrestlemania promo was hilarious.

A lot of people have said that he can't be champion because of his size. He's not 6'4 300 pounds....but neither was HBK. You HAVE heard of him, right? :)

Plus, opportunity is knocking. I predict Batista coming out of Wrestlemania as champion, so the door's open for a heel contender....can anyone say Captian Charisma?

I don't know whether or not Orton is going to Smackdown, but if he is, that just makes the above more feasible.

Someone suggested that Christian should go to Smackdown. I wouldn't mind that TOO much, but he should always, ALWAYS be heel. That's his element, and he's master of it. I'd hate to see him leave the big leagues of Raw, but he could succeed anywhere, especially if he had some help from booking.

Well...I reckon I've rambled on long enough.

Strive for Righteousness

Christian, in my opinion, is his very own indy promotion stuck wandering around in WWE. He's got all the tools to be great and entertaining, but he's got no backing and nobody will take him seriously if he gets the spotlight.

If they truly wanted to make Christian look good, it doesn't take much. Send him on a spree of matches where he gets his ass kicked by real tough competitors. Snitzky, Shelton, Jericho, maybe even Benoit. He should be getting decimated in the match but still manage to pull a kick out after a finisher or survive a submission for a long assed time. It'll build his credibility instantly, and he won't even have to win. The crowd will start expecting him to outlast these major challenges, and soon enough want him to win. He could either keep losing them, or go over with cheating in order to keep himself heel.

That's my two cents anyway.