***Official RAW Thread - 14th March 2005***

WWE

Preview:

Batista gets to pick Triple H's poison this week on RAW, thanks to a special stipulation designed by General Manger Eric Bischoff. The animal's choice: Chris Benoit. It's a not-so-subtle reminder to The Game that he can be beat on the WrestleMania stage; Benoit made Triple H tap at WrestleMania XX.

After failing to land a sledgehammer blast on Batista last week, what will The Game have planned for RAW? He's determined to soften up his WrestleMania opponent, but he can't afford to look past a man in Benoit who has literally crippled wrestlers in the past.

Last week, Randy Orton called out the Undertaker, asking for a Legend vs. "Legend Killer" showdown at WrestleMania 21. What will Orton have to say now?

Muhammad Hassan was quite vocal on RAW, demanding entry into the Six-Way "Money in the Bank" Ladder Match on April 3. Hassan said the issue wasn't over. What will he plan to say or do this week? And one of the Ladder Match participants -- Kane -- was blindsided by Christian and Tyson Tomko last week. Will he respond in kind?

And the new combination of Christy and Lita left Trish Stratus lying in the ring last week. Will she be out for retribution?

Watch RAW on Monday (9/8 CT; Spike TV) to find out.[/Quote]

Edited by WWE

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And because of what she did to Matt...

I think Trish will be my #1 Diva now, shame really, I love(d?) looking at her hot pictures (thongs etc.) on the net and she was hot and great... she's changed. :(

I wonder if HHH is going to go 1 up on Dave this week.

The way the Orton/HHH angle was booked it seemed as though every week Randy was the one who always finished best as Raw ended. Maybe with HHH and Dave they'll book it with both guys getting the better of each other as each week goes by leading into Wrestlemania, as HHH has look INCREDIBLY weak thus far.

Also im actually looking forward to pretty much every another major angle on Raw this week, to see how things pan out, the build up has been great heading into Mania.

Im also hoping that another Hall of Famer gets announced tonight.

:off Exactly one year ago to this day Chris Benoit made Triple H tap out at WrestleMania XX.

Wow! yeah, can you believe it? WrestleMania XX was a year ago :eek cool memories :thumbsup

I'm sure it's every two weeks on HOF gets announced, I hope so and can't wait either! :thumbsup wonder if it's "Macho Man" Randy Savage or the Ultimate Warrior?

I'm sure it's every two weeks on HOF gets announced, I hope so and can't wait either! :thumbsup wonder if it's "Macho Man" Randy Savage or the Ultimate Warrior?

There are plans for a Warrior DVD a' la Benoit/Eddie. So I guess it's possible, I'm sure his acceptance speech will be funny.

What a freckin surprise, Jake Roberts is back! I was marking out big time! Isn't it great though when things like this don't get leaked on the internet first. So much more effective! I was hoping for Jakes DDT. Orton was getting some pretty good heat in that segment though considering he is a babyface. A heel turn has to be on the cards for him.

The handicap match was decent, the ladder shot looked stiff. Kane seems to be really over these days even though he has had to put up with an awful lot of crap over the years, he always gets a decent sized pop.

How funny were those Flair and Snitsky skits? Brilliant! :lol

Screw Smackdown, we get Jannetty on the number one show first :). Another great mark out moment when the Rockers music hit. Marty looked great and was excellent in the ring. I wouldn't be suprised if WWE hire him back full time.

Some more mark out moments when the Hogan and Austin clips were shown.

The HHH-Benoit match was excellent. HHH has been far to scared of Batista, that he needed a win over Benoit without making Benoit look like a jobber and thats exactly what happened. Even though HHH won in the end. Benoit looked very strong in the match; he got over just as much than HHH did from that one.

Another hilarious Mania promo.

Was it just me or did anyone else hear Charlie Haas' music play after Hassan's promo? The only thing i can think of is on the playlist, Haas will be next to Hassan, so the music guy must have hit the wrong one. Easy mistake to make.

A decent big man main event between Batista and Snitsky. That jew sign in the crowd was brilliant :lol. With exception of HHH getting on the mic at the very end, the ending for Raw was very similar to last weeks. I did had a pretty strong feeling HHH was going to pick Kane though. Still; not a bad ending for the show. Kane/Batista should be good next week, Kanes been on a role, and Dave finally has the grasp of pacing a matchup.

Overall that was the best Raw I have seen in a long time. A solid show throughout; the matches wern't bad at all and the amount of mark out moments so to speak was phenomenal.

Some great matches, plenty of mark out moments, a hot crowd, great build up, what more could you want? 10/10 show from WWE; great for the brands momentum going into WrestleMania 21.

Damn, RAW is 1989! I loved tonights show. Jake Roberts, although old and bloated cos of drugs and booze, can cut a promo like nobody else in the world, it was fantastic! The Snake got EASILY the loudest pop of the entire night, the man is so over its unreal, and chants for the DDT were great.

Another blast from the past was the Rockers!!! It was great, Jannetty looked to be in fantastic shape and healthy, what a cool match it was. Both Jake and Marty have profiles up on WWE.com in the RAW section, so hopefully both have been given deals, Jake to write and Marty to work.

Fingers crossed.

As for the rest of the show, eh, who cares! Thats how it felt for me. The old boys far outshone the new 'talent', Jake and Marty put HHH and Batista in the shade.

Great RAW, and the Hulk Hogan promos topped it off.

From PWInsider.com >>

After the Benoit/Triple H match as Benoit was leaving, he received a near standing ovation and pounded his chest to acknowledge it.

After the cameras went off Bischoff came out and said that the crowd was promised a tag match and we were going to get it. He told Triple H to come back out. After a while he did the match was Triple H and Edge w/ Flair vs Batista and Shawn Michaels. Initially the post show dark match was announced as Triple H vs Batista vs Orton and last week on Raw there was a commercial announcing it as Triple H and Flair vs Batista and Orton. Triple H played the scared heel the entire match and wouldn't get in the ring to face Batista. Michaels got up on the ropes and flapped his arms in a "you're chicken" motion which caused Triple H to throw a hissy fit on the apron. The match went back and forth until Shawn got tossed to the floor and was repeatedly choked by Flair behind the ref's back. This brought out Jake Roberts with a snake around his neck. He chased Flair around the ring and laid the snake on him. This caused Flair to make a quick exit. Jake stayed at ringside the rest of the match. The match ended with Batista pinning Triple H after a Batista Bomb. Michaels then superkicked Triple H after he was distacted by the snake. Jake got in the ring and DDT'ed Triple H and then laid the snake on him. As Edge was leaving after this match he again acknowledged some "You Screwed Matt" chants by nodding his head with a smirk on his face.

Biggest Pops

Batista

Jake Roberts

Benoit

Rockers/HBK by himself

Jericho

Flair

Biggest Heat

Triple H

Edge

Snitsky

Orton after Roberts came out

Overall it was a very entertaining show live with some great surprises.

the biggest pop deffinetly should of be jake the snake.i was surprised to see him come out and dam did he look like crap from all the drugs and booze.to bad the snake didn't come out.

it was good to see jannetty back in a wwe ring.you can tell he is still the rocker type but it didn't seem like shawn still had the rocker in him if you look at the entrance of his compaired to jannetty's.jannetty look great in his match and hopefull wwe will bring he back even if it may be for a short time.

Have to agree Jannetty, I was so shocked to see what great shape he was in. WWE need tag teams, Jannetty and Michaels for a short spell leading onto them putting over another team would fit the bill for me. And Jake, true mark out moment. Its looking likely they will bring back these 'legends' that Undertaker has killed to warn Orton each week to build up his credibility before being handed Takers scalp. Since hes already taken Foley, and Jake who would we like back next peeps? (Of course if my specualation is taken as fact.)

Marty Jannetty! I loved that guy when I was younger. He looked in excellent shape although it was funny seeing him and Michaels both screw up their kip up.

Nice to see Jake although he looks pretty dreadful nowadays which isn't surprising.

Benjamin v Edge was cool. Nice work by Jericho at the end and Benjamin is just great.

Benoit v Triple H I enjoyed. The good news is that the Crippler Crossface is alive and well again! Last week was not a one off. I'm glad. Good match. Obvious Triple H was going to win but it didn't make Benoit look bad.

I fell asleep before the main event but from what I saw, a very entertaining show.

was anyone else here expecting a new hall of fame inductee to be announced last night? at the moment there are 7 guys in for it and that isn't really that much i dont think. anyway i think the wwe should bring marty jennety back as he looked very good last night. it would be cool to see shawn and marty back for one more go at the titles again. how about sometime after mania you have edge and christian teaming up to beat tajiri and regal and then number one contenders would be the rockers. that would be cool to see, better than it is right now anyway. good to see jake aswell which was a surprise to say the least. like to see him back on raw to get revenge on orton though. looked rough aswell from the problems he has had in the past.

Didn't Roberts got in some legal trouble due to neglecting his snake or something. I thought I saw that. Man the Rockers looked amazing. I really hope Jannetty gets signed full time. It could help the tag division to have him and Micheals together for a while again with the belts. La Resistance seem really pointless now that Hassan is doing the anti-american thing. This was a GREAT Raw all in all though. I give it a 10.

Didn't Roberts got in some legal trouble due to neglecting his snake or something. I thought I saw that. Man the Rockers looked amazing. I really hope Jannetty gets signed full time. It could help the tag division to have him and Micheals together for a while again with the belts. La Resistance seem really pointless now that Hassan is doing the anti-american thing. This was a GREAT Raw all in all though. I give it a 10.

yes roberts was fined or something for mistreating his snake last year. think he had starved the snake half to death when he was on a drink and drug binge or something. one of the problems that is always there for wrestlers is that it can get to you and things like that can happen.

I'm pleased that WWE have used Jannetty and Roberts, even if its jsut a one time deal. To be fair, the WWEdo seems to be employing alot of the old talent lately, with Dibiase and Steamboat recently joining the WWE Payroll. If they could find a role for Jake within the WWE that would be great, and for Jannetty to, I haven't seen his match, but from all accounts it sounds good. If they have cleaned up there acts, and can offer something to the WWE, then I hope they are signed.

Man gotta agree Raw was solid last night. I loved jake being there and what a way to slyly put some heat on orton he did look in bad shape but never the less it was awesome seeing him back in a wwe ring. that leads me to a highlight THE ROCKERS man i tell ya janetty looked great i mean he didnt look as if hed missed a beat all these years. They both were great i hope janetty aint a one off thing. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 4 HHH beating benoit