TNA Smells It

Fletch

Jeff Jarrett has recently been in talks with THE ROCK, to agree to make a short appearance when he gets chance with his movie schedule. Jarrett was apparently very pleased as to how the talks went. One well placed TNA source said JJ was very happy and theres real belief that Rock will do a one time deal

Source: WrestlingObserver and WrasslinBoard

Im in TNA heaven/ THE ROCK in TNA. I hope it happens I really really do

It won't harm them, but it might not be that successful.

Rock turns up, people watch.

That's it for his appearance.

Next week, fans turn up with Rocky signs, chanting for The Rock, but he never shows up again. All the people who tuned in to see The Rock tune back out again and lose interest.

Worst case scenario, but a possibility nevertheless.

Yeah I agree with your point Caveman but I think more will edge towards Chris's point, the general wrestling fans. They will be easily seducted in for that one/series of shows with The Rock but then as Chris said they will spurred back towards the WWE because of him leaving (a reason for them to watch TNA would be as The Rock would'nt have been on WWE for ages obviously.) TNA need to get the Rock to commit to a deal like he would have had in the WWE, appearing whenever hes free and if they could convince him to back their product and be a face for it that would be a huge coup.

Nope. It will not help TNA' date=' it will mean The Rock will need some "medical attention".. :P[/quote']

Why the hell do you even reply in a TNA related thread if your just going to say something bad about it (ie: Anyone who watches TNA is gay;you said this in another thread) or talk about how WWE is the only wrestling worth watching.

Anyway, I think this would be great for TNA. This could bring in SO many veiwers if advertised properly. I REALLY hope this happens.

It will never happen, no way. The Rock is a huge deal in Hollywood now. Do you really think he cares abou wrestling anymore???

Rock wont wrestle for TNA as much as I would love that. Not a fear of it. If in maybe two years or so Rock gets a hankerin for rasslin he's gonna go back to where he got the break not to (in his mind) the rinky dinky TNA promotion.

While I'm taking this with a pinch of salt about the size of Everest, it would still be excellent. It would get TNA exposure and send a message to WWE from The Rock that he can't be screwed around with when it comes to his contract. Chances are, WWE aren't going to "forget" to renew their biggest star's contract the next time it's close to running out if they realise that the possibility exists of him going to TNA.

As for wwe4eva, I don't think anyone can take him seriously. Just look at his name. When you're "supporting" one promotion over the others and refuse to even accept that other promotions are perfectly capable of putting on good wrestling, then you're never going to be in a place where you can make a fair judgement call. While I agree to a certain extent with Chris2K and Clarkey that a one shot deal wouldn't turn TNA into a powerhouse overnight, I still think that any kind of deal with The Rock would benefit them greatly. I think a lot of people would be surprised at how many WWE fans don't even know that TNA exists. If the Jarretts managed to sign up Rock and promote his appearance heavily (or let the media do that for them), it would let people know that the promotion exists, and that's the first step to people actually becoming fans.

It wont happen.

While The Rock doesnt have a contract with WWE, he will return at some point. I doubt he would risk that to go on a smaller and less succesfull show, when he would gain nothing from it. Would Vince want him back if he did? I doubt it. Even if it was for one show.

As i am one of The Rock's biggest fans then i am happy if he signs with TNA although i am not really a fan nore have i ever watched TNA then this could be enough to make me watch it cause i really really like him he is great and i would do anything to watch him as a wrestler again

I would have agreed with The Rock never doing TNA until the Foley/RoH deal ripped that idea to shreds. If the money was right, Rocky would do it. It's not too far from his home, and the publicity would be huge. As long as TNA could 100% guarentee him coming in, they could plug the hell out of him, get him to do the same on national TV, and then have a huge angle with him coming in and putting over guys like AJ, Sabin, DDP, Brown, etc. Rocky has proved in the past that he can put people over just by talking to them. I can't see a bad side to this. Rock comes in, tells everyone he's in for one week only, puts over some of the talent, and on the same show, TNA should start selling more merchandise, maybe charge people to see Rocky, get some autograph signings, get as much money as possible out. At the same time, they should put on the best show possible too. People see Rock, but notice the fantastic wrestling too. The week after, they tune in because "There's AJ. The Rock said he's phenomenal so he must be", and "There's DDP, he's a legend cas Rock said so last week".

Everyone wins.

I expect the Rock's co-ownership of the name 'Rock' has a no compete clause with other promotions, especially the closest that can be called competition to WWE. So even if he does appear it will have to be as Dwayne Johnson I should think. (Which really, I guess, isnt too bad).

Add to this, the fact that Vince McMahon (who can or cannot help promote movies, continue a deal to let you use the name Rock, etc.) would be royally pissed off.

IF the Rock does appear it will be a promo movie plug only and probably only as Dwayne Johnson.

Also, what about his asking price to even appear? Ouch.

Edited by The Beltster

Even if he did only appear as Dwayne Johnson then people would still know who he was, people would still care and it would be an amazing coup in the short term for TNA...

I don't see it happening really, not saying it won't but I'd lean towards it not, as Dra said with the RoH and Foley scenerio you can never tell until it happens....

Ok so if he was to only come for one, two weeks I still think it would be good for TNA. If it gets people watching their product then these people will see the great matches and storytelling that TNA provides. They will see that as a wrestling product it is superior to WWE and that will make them come back.

If I'm correct they said in the first post that the deal would be for whenever he was free. SO this could be a few very short stays or something like that. I think it would help TNA. As stated before, most people would probably continue to watch because the Rock said something about them being good. ie, AJ DDP, Abyss and stuff like that. I would really love to see it. If they sign him for a long term deal, I can see this helping put another nail in the WWE's coffin.

If they sign him for a long term deal' date=' I can see this helping put another nail in the WWE's coffin.[/quote']

They wont sign him to a full time deal for a number of reasons.

1. They couldnt afford him. TNA are losing millions of dollars as it is, so they couldnt afford to sign the Rock to any type of long term deal.

2. The Rock is an actor now, not a wrestler. He no longer wishes to be a professional wrestler, he has said that himself. One off appearances here and there, sure, he enjoys that, but full time, he will NEVER be a full time wrestler ever again, even if all of a sudden his movie career died (which it wont) because he has so much money now that he doesnt need wrestling.

3. If he DID want to be a pro wrestler, why would he want to join a tiny little nothing fed like TNA who arent not, nor probably ever will be, competition to WWE?

Trust me, having the Rock appear on TNA programming will most certainly not be any nail in WWE's 'coffin'. WWE have been alot worse on financially and ratings wise than it is now (1992 - 1996) and right now, it seems they are slowly picking up.