Best Wrestling Game Of All-Time?

Dtmassiv

I would have to go with No Mercy also. So many reasons TBH. The game engine is still the best, the weapons that can be used and placed on the mat/floor to use. Plus they made appropriate sounds when hit. Doing a piledriver/ddt/powerbomb on them was great as it added a hardcore element. A piledriver can't win the match, so you pick up a chair, hit them with ot, lay it on the floor, then piledrive them on it, getting the win. It just seemed right.

Also, the All Japan game I had imported for my Saturn was fantastic, even though I couldn't read a single word of it.

That happened tome too. But what I did was save my CAWs to a memory card, so whenever it did delete my CAWs and my progress through the game, I could upload the CAWs anytime I needed them.

I bought No Mercy two weeks ago, for £2 in Gamestation. It hasn't been off since I got it. It is still wicked. Even the ladder matches still rock better than SvR IMO>

Mo Mercy or Fire Pro Westling!

The first batch of carts deleted your saves if you played with a CAW. They replaced the carts with new ones' date=' although oddly there was no blood in the new ones.[/quote']

I wonder if that was just in the UK. The version I have has the blood, but didn't have the save bug you were talking about. Wierd.

Edited by Maxximus

To everybody who has NEVER played No Mercy should go buy an Nintendo 64 & 'The Best Wrsetling Game Of All-Time' A.S.A.P! What about the wrestling games like RAW on X-Box, Wrestlmania games on Gamecube and Royal Rumble on Dreamcast. The Dreamcast WWF game was alrite, you could have up to 7 or 9 people in the ring not including the ref! But in story mode U would pick a wrestler to wrestle with,and a partner which was like a manager to do double teams with. I would say its better than the Gamecube games!

I've never played No Mercy' date=' but it seems I should find a place where I can get one. I've always wanted to play it but never got my hands on the beggar. So for now my 3 favorite wrestling games are WWE RAW 2: Ruthless Aggression, WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and WWE Smackdown Vs Raw.[/quote']Wm 2000 has the best storyline in any wrestling game ever. You could put in two created wrestlers in the story mode (one was a tag partner) and complete the story mode. Once finished it would ask if you wanted to continue story mode. If you did you could choose two more CAW and start again, with the old CAW still in the story mode. You could do this as often as you liked. I ended up with almost the entire story mode being CAW orientated. Plus if you edited a CAW to someone else, they would enter story mode instead. It was a great idea, that I wish would've continued.

To have No Mercy's gameplay. graphics, etc. tied to the story mode of WM2000 would be amazing. THQ (or whoever has the licence when the next games come around) should take note of this when improving the story modes for future games.

Talking of wrestling games, I just want to say that Def Jam Vendetta was good even though the control system was poor even though it was a direct copy of the N64 WWF game's controls. But otherwise it was ok, apart from the music. The music was excellent.

But the real pile of dog poop was Backyard Wrestling. The thought was in there but it was so boring. The cutscenes were good though :xyx