You shouldn't like it, but...

The Doctor

Anyone else have songs that they know they shouldn't like but they can't help themselves?

You know the sort of thing - you like indie and rock music, but can't help singing along to the Cheeky Girls.

You know it's out of character, they represent all you'd ordinarily despise in the music biz but damn it's soooo catchy...!

Years ago now I secretly loved b*witched of all ruddy things. You remember C'est La Vie, don't you?

I say hey boy sittin' in your tree

Mummy always wants you to come for tea

Don't be shy, straighten up your tie

Get down from your tree house sittin' in the sky

I wanna know just what to do

Is it very big is there room for two?

I got a house with windows and doors

I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Atrocious. With a diddly diddly Irish jig instrumental as well.

Loved it.

Now I find myself singing along to Britney Spears. Aaaargh! Manufactured US pop is so not my bag, baby but I can't help it!

So what's your guilty musical secret, people? What do you not skip past on the radio or telly even though you really should disapprove?

These Words by Natasha Bedingfield.

heh, same!

I admitted this in front of all my mates - big mistake.

They tell me off when I start... "Theeeeese words are my own..."

Then I get cut off.

As well as that, I also have to admit enjoying listening to pretty much everything Elton John has recorded.

:( I think there's something wrong with me.

"It's a little bit funny this feeling inside

I'm not one of those who can easily hide..."

These Words by Natasha Bedingfield.

A catchy tune, but with one seriously dumbass bit of pronunciation. She says "no hyperbole to hide behind" and pronounces it like "hyper-bowl". Like one up from the Superbowl?

It's hyperbo-lee. 4 syllables.

Silly bint trying to be clever and use grown up words.

:eek Don't tell me you were on the folks who brought this and kept Ultravox's Vienna from the top spot? :D

Nope. Gotta love Vienna though, for giving me one of my catchphrases.

I have a weird habit of singing instead of speaking if what I am saying can be expressed with song lyrics.

eg. "Sad But True" are words I sing and not say.

Also if someone is meant to be famous but I don't recognise them (like most reality shows these days), I tend to sing "This means nothing to meeee, ooooooh, who are ya?"

Anything by Girls Aloud *cringe* although I think there are other motives - Nicola, if you're reading, you were better as a ginger, I love you and your back freckles and IT WAS ME WHO PINCHED YOUR ARSE IN THE TRAFFORD CENTRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUWHAHAHAHAHAH

*ahem*

'Do Something' by Britney Spears is ok.

McFly....................some good songs, although I hate to say it. Oh, and the one with the blonde hair -whats going on with his mouth?

Your subconscious brings out your guilty pleasures I think. I had this the other day, playing guitar, just noodling and not really thinking about it during a switch-off moment and realised I'd gone into 'Leave A Light On' by Belinda Carlisle. I will usually admit that I like Belinda though, not sure if the early crush factor had anything to do with it in the first place but there you go.

:eek Don't tell me you were on the folks who brought this and kept Ultravox's Vienna from the top spot? :D

Nope, I didn't buy it. Gill will not let that lie. Just mention Joe Dolce to her and it's a cue for a 15 minute rant on how he sucks and Midge Ure was screwed... the video was actually on TV tonight, and I MADE her watch it.

I'm dead. I'm SO dead.

Pray for me.

Old Elt has long been recognised as a fine songwriter and performer.

But McFly? Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear!

Oh, come on, put on "5 Colours In Her Hair" and when it gets to the Doo-de-de-de-doo-doo bit and tell me you can't help but sing along. It's great.

A catchy tune, but with one seriously dumbass bit of pronunciation. She says "no hyperbole to hide behind" and pronounces it like "hyper-bowl". Like one up from the Superbowl?

It's hyperbo-lee. 4 syllables.

Silly bint trying to be clever and use grown up words.

BWA-Ha-HA-Ha-Haaaa! I love that kind of thing.

"Run like the wind!" (wined)

"Mom, it's 'wind',"

"I only ever saw it written down..."

[/simpsons]

I will agree on Will Smith, his best of was great. Brought back many memories of havong the Code Red album on cassette**. "Girls ain't Nuthin' But Trouble" still brings a smile to my face, and Miami is a great track too.

**For the young 'un's a cassette is what us oldies used before CDs came out/became popular.**