DOOM! the movie

wyndorf

Yeah. The picture looks promising. But we all know that Tron was the last movie that actually had a great game to compliment a great movie. Mortal Kombat was okay. Street Fighter sucked.House of The Dead sucked.Resident Evil 1 was cool. Resident Evil 2 blew donkeys. Hopefully this movie stays faithful to the game. I love Doom. But as long as they stick to the games origin I'll like it. But I'm like you guys, I am very skeptical about it for now.

I've had a brief look at the script. It's actually fairly different to the game, as it doesn't take place on Mars and the baddies aren't Demons from hell. It takes place on a make believe planet, where scientists are being turned into monsters. Someone's been watching too many Resident Evil films.

One thing that might surprise a few people though is that The Rock in infected with the monster disease early on, and becomes the big baddie at the end.

There's a chance that this could be good if it's given an R rating like Rock says it will be, but if it turns into Resident Evil: In Space! then it could be a stinker.

hmm it looks alright i suppose i was never a doom game fan so i say for me it will be good cos i wont have high expectations as i did with resident evil 1 which was good but disspointing and the second RE movie was alot better cos i had low expectations so seeing as i have low expectations for doom i spose ill like it

Yeah. The picture looks promising. But we all know that Tron was the last movie that actually had a great game to compliment a great movie. Mortal Kombat was okay. Street Fighter sucked.House of The Dead sucked.Resident Evil 1 was cool. Resident Evil 2 blew donkeys. Hopefully this movie stays faithful to the game. I love Doom. But as long as they stick to the games origin I'll like it. But I'm like you guys' date=' I am very skeptical about it for now.[/quote']Tron was good, but wasn't a game-to-movie translation. Mortal Kombat 1 was excellent IMO, as it captured the mood of the game and the mythologies of the world and characters. The TV series was cool too. The worst GTM was Double Dragon or Super Mario Bros. Double Dragon was so simple to make into a movie using the storyline from 1 or 2 (ignore 3), but they blew it. Streetfighter was crap, the Anime version is much better.

Let's just hope they remember one thing. We dont expect a good story, so dont bother trying. We want guns, monsters, blood and explosions by the bucketload. Not often I say that, but it's the only way this is gonna avoid being sh*t. Lowest common denominator maybe, but it's Doom for Gods sake, with The Rock in it. The main factor is coolness. Rocky has got enough in him to avoid campness and cringeworthy acting, so Im expecting good things.

edit: I just had a look on imdb.com, and it looks like the BFG gun is gonna make an entrance. Hell f**kin' Yeah.

Edited by Kakarot