WCW Reunion show

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And why are they losers? Surely guys like Jericho' date=' Benoit, Eddie, Misterio are better workers than Carlito, Edge, Batista and JBL no?[/quote']

Indeed. I wouldnt lable former WCW alumni as losers. But I truly believe that a WCW reunion wouldnt even be accepted with open arms like an ECW reunion show would. Guys like Jericho,Benoit,Eddie,and Rey are truly light years ahead of guys like Carlitto,Batista,and JBL. Edge? Hes definately one of the better workers in the business though.

WWE saw ECW as no threat to them, and were happy to lend them a hand, so there was a nice relationship there. WCW tried to put WWE out of business, there was a real hatred between the companies. There's no chance of this type of show going ahead.

Plus I'm willing to bet that Paul Heyman will be at Shane's ECW reunion since the WWE fired him. The WWE trying to have an ECW PPV is just plain spiteful IMO. Without Paul Heyman the WWE simply cannot have an ECW PPV. He was the creator of the monster. Only he truly knows how to bring life to an ECW project. Hopefully hes working with Shane on his part of the reunion.

You are indeed correct. Stephanie and Paul Heyman butted heads alot. He also spoke loudly about how HHH and his wife forces their will on things behind the scenes too.

That was basically the straw that broke the camels back on things. If he is still working for the WWE they are keeping him on a very short leech lately. Like I said if he wasnt involved with either ECW show it wouldnt be the same.

And why are they losers? Surely guys like Jericho' date=' Benoit, Eddie, Misterio are better workers than Carlito, Edge, Batista and JBL no?[/quote']

Jericho, Benoit, Eddie etc are more known as WWF/WWE workers than WCW workers these days, so they dont count. If you wanna think that way, then Jericho is a USWA talent more than anything else etc.

I class the WCW guys as the losers like Jindrak who were picked up after WCW folded.

Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, Mysterio were well established by the time they came to the WWF. Known as the guys who WCW wasted by not pushing and part of the reason that the company failed. I would class them as former WCW talent.

But yeah there was more crap than good that came over from WCW. A reunion would stink, it would mean having to bring back Hall(currently a fat Elvis impersonator) and Kevin-im only here for the money- Nash.

But Jericho, Benoit, Eddie etc all made their name in WCW, so why couldn't they not be considered WCW "losers" as you call them?

And as for like Jindrak, who else is there exactly who are WCW losers? There are far more guys WWE have brought up from like OVW or elsewhere who are a lot worse, thus I don't understand your statement unless you simply just dislike WCW.

Hogan, Hall and Nash all made their name in the WWE before they went to WCW, but im sure most people consider them to be WCW guys.

I would also consider Benoit, Jericho and Eddie as WWE guys.

Rey Mysterio still counts as a WCW guy, IMO.

As for WCW losers - Everyone that was brought in during the Invasion was a WCW loser, thus why they had to keep stealing WWE guys.

I thought they allready did a WCW show. Didnt Heyman get fired because he was listening in to vinnies phone calls ( to me). And the Reunion show would just be a oint between TNA and WWE which neither Vince or the guy that owns TNA ( the name slips my mind( I hate that) ) would do. ANd i think the man with the golden wistle (bill Alfonso) has agreed to show in the ECW PPV hasnt he?

I would also consider Benoit, Jericho and Eddie as WWE guys.

Rey Mysterio still counts as a WCW guy, IMO.

As for WCW losers - Everyone that was brought in during the Invasion was a WCW loser, thus why they had to keep stealing WWE guys.

My point EXACTLY.

Benoit, Jericho, Eddie etc are all more well known for their WWF/WWE stints, these days. Whether they became established in WCW or not makes no difference. Taz was established in ECW, and his WWF/WWE run sucked, but he is pretty much a WWE guy now. Same with the Dudley Boyz. They are WWF/WWE guys, not ECW guys. I bet alot of fans these days wouldnt even know about ECW if it werent for the DVD.

On the other hand, Hall and Nash were WWF made stars, but they will be remembered as WCW stars by most, I'm sure.

And you said exactly what I was thinking. The WWF was so full of WCW losers that even after combining them with the ECW known guys, they STILL had to take Austin and Angle during the InVasion.

I think the reason the WWE can offer a ECW Reunion show is because ECW produced a product that was different than the norm at the time , a product that generated a new type of cult like wrestling fan.

As much as I enjoyed WCW, I don't think it ever had a fan base like WCW, I think WCW alays tried to compete with the WWE, and there styles were so similar the fans just choose to go to which was better, either WCW or the WWE at the time. So WCW never developed a loyal fanbase, and like Paul Heyman said, ECW was one of the only few wrestling companies that went out business that actually still had a fanbase, and still does today.