TNA future of wrestling?

larey619

Do you think that TNA will become a serious threat to the WWE? If so do you see it expanding to do tours and getting a bigger time slot?

I think it is good competition for the WWE but it needs to be a 2 hour programe to give the wrestlers a better match.

No. TNA is generally awful since they keep pushing the old talentess wrestlers (DDP, Raven, Hall, Nash). If they fire them all, and push TNA as a cruiser company then it could be some competition to WWE, but using the old wrestlers they have in every promo is 100% boring.

No. TNA is generally awful since they keep pushing the old talentess wrestlers (DDP' date=' Raven, Hall, Nash). If they fire them all, and push TNA as a cruiser company then it could be some competition to WWE, but using the old wrestlers they have in every promo is 100% boring.[/quote']

Well Jack, indeed there are alot of veterans around TNA at the moment. But they dont make any qualms about the"X" division being the premere of the entire roster. Anybody that watches NWA/TNA knows that every show you watch you are going to see something new and exciting from the"X"division.

And some of its other stars outside of the"X" division are indeed exciting to watch too. Plus the one thing I love about TNA that makes them better in alot of ways is the fact that they have an open door policy.Anybody can come and wrestle for them from anywhere. Thats something the WWE indeed should do.But we all know they will never do.

Not to mention TNA has better tag teams than the WWE does right now. That alone makes up for the older wrestlers getting a little spotlight. But do I believe they are the future of wrestling? Absolutely. They dont have to be as big as the WWE in order to make an impact. Not at all.

The fact that they've been around for 3 years now speaks volumes.Plus they started doing PPV's.And now they're on cable. TNA has indeed come up faster than ECW did. With every wrestling promotion you have to have some veterans to compliment the young lions of the sport. Thats just the way it is.

Is TNA generally awful? Hell no! I can honestly say that I can find myself enjoying an hour of TNA over two hours of Raw and Smackdown about 85-90% of the time. Its nice to have another wrestling show to watch for a change. I dunno what you're talking about Jack. :eek

Edited by The Franchise

I think its a matter of taste, personally I hate TNA's six sided ring etc, and dont find it entertaining in the slightest anymore.

But to answer the main question, which is asked so many times on this board, no, of course it won't. Not unless it completely changes. At the moment it looks more like WCW during the period when Bischoff originally took over.

Come on Simon! TNA is truly better than the latter part of WCW ever was.The"X"division matches alone makes TNA shows good. WCW didnt even have that.

The six sided ring fits high flyers styles better. Granted I do agree with you that TNA needs to improve on things. But isnt it refreshing to at least have another wrestling show to watch than being bored to death with nothing but WWE shows to look at? :roll

Ok ok ok so I'm exaggerating. But its still got that blandness about it which reminds me of a crappy WCW. It needs to change something, and become more alternative. And I don't mean alternative in changing the basics, like the ring etc.

I ****ing hate that stupid ring.

Well Jack, indeed there are alot of veterans around TNA at the moment. But they dont make any qualms about the"X" division being the premere of the entire roster. Anybody that watches NWA/TNA knows that every show you watch you are going to see something new and exciting from the"X"division.

And some of its other stars outside of the"X" division are indeed exciting to watch too. Plus the one thing I love about TNA that makes them better in alot of ways is the fact that they have an open door policy.Anybody can come and wrestle for them from anywhere. Thats something the WWE indeed should do.But we all know they will never do.

Not to mention TNA has better tag teams than the WWE does right now. That alone makes up for the older wrestlers getting a little spotlight. But do I believe they are the future of wrestling? Absolutely. They dont have to be as big as the WWE in order to make an impact. Not at all.

The fact that they've been around for 3 years now speaks volumes.Plus they started doing PPV's.And now they're on cable. TNA has indeed come up faster than ECW did. With every wrestling promotion you have to have some veterans to compliment the young lions of the sport. Thats just the way it is.

Is TNA generally awful? Hell no! I can honestly say that I can find myself enjoying an hour of TNA over two hours of Raw and Smackdown about 85-90% of the time. Its nice to have another wrestling show to watch for a change. I dunno what you're talking about Jack. :eek

Once again the Franchise hits the nail on the head :xyx

WWE pushes the "Old guys" so much more then TNA. How many times have we seen h3 vs. Shawn Micheals? Its always the same 3 people for the title on RAW. I'm willing to bet that about everyone at TNA can put on a better match then h3 anyway. You can also compare TNA's X division to WWE's cruisers. Well actually you can't because there is NO comparison.

if TNA dont go bankrupt, they could cause a serious threat but i dont see that coming any time soon. TNA is only better than WWE at the moment because WWE is getting stale and the creativity sucks. TNA is more entertaining and as they say, they have the best PPVs bar non, great matches and less predictable than the WWE stuff

TNA is more popular at the moment than most of you guys can even imagine. I went to the Maldives last year, and on a shopping trip to a residential Island called Rashdoo-I went in to a shanty run down bar and to my complete surprise about 20 of the locals were huddled around a TV watching Impact. TNA was also shown in Hong Kong as well when I was there.

I guess the point Im trying to make here is that TNA's fanbase is growing every single day and like WWE, TNA should look into the feasibility of touring nationally every week for the Impact and Xplosion tapings at first and then internationally.

Ive been to the Impact Zone at Soundstage 21 of Universal Orlando Theme Park, and yes I thoroughly enjoyed the show and got to meet Jeremy Borash and Ron Killings afterwards, but I just kept on thinking to myself why is it in an arena that only holds 1,000 people when they could quite easily triple (or much higher) the attendance every week by holding it a larger venue?

Thats the only real complaint Ive got against TNA at the moment.

The six sided ring is good as it is a unique selling point for the company. I think they will get people tuning in initially to see the ring and their old favourites, then they will stay as the quality of matches is far superior to what the WWF currently offers.

I remember the same happening in 97-98 when WCW was on TNT, i started watching 5-10 mins just to see Hogan etc for a laugh but then I ended up enjoying it more than WWF. This was down to Benoit,Booker T,Mysterio, Sting and all the other guys who could put on sh#t hot matches then. The same is true with TNA, I had never seen AJ Styles before I started watching and he is one of the most entertaining guys around at the moment.

Ok I have never liked JJ and never will but as has been said before in this thread, the heavyweight title is only a small part of TNA. I watched Turning Point a few days ago and the ultimate X match was the best match i have seen in a very long time and there was one hell of tag team match too, does the WWF even know what a tag team match is these days?

WWF is killing things at the moment with its monopoly of pro wrestling and the talent and spirit that TNA has can hopefully rival it. But not for a long time, for starters they need to start selling their tickets and not letting everyone in for free, there is no way that they are making any money at the moment.

Given a choice of no more SD or no more Impact, i know what i would choose!

No way. WWE, WCW and ECW were the top three Wrestling Companys EVER. No other company will get that famous now. I have said it before, and I'm gonna say it again: TNA are not in the WWE's league, and they never will be. Word.

Oi, no way does anybody diss WWE and ANYTHING/EVERYTHING about it. TNA is like "coo coo lets dance in the ring and pretend to win!"

SmackDown!/WWE:

"WWE is the greatest Wrestling Company ever, if you don't watch it, you are a gay man named Trevor.

The WWE kicks TNA's ass everyday.

If you watch TNA you are gay.

Everyweek the WWE beats TNA by ratings,

if you put ratings on a scale, there would be some totally different weightings.

The WWE kicks TNA's ass every week,

because the WWE has legends like the Iron Sheik.

TNA's Superstars are so washed up,

the reason is because the TNA Superstars are sitting in a washed coffee cup.

So this week the WWE will once again beat TNA's ratings with might,

and the starting time is tonight!"

Oi, no way does anybody diss WWE and ANYTHING/EVERYTHING about it. TNA is like "coo coo lets dance in the ring and pretend to win!"

SmackDown!/WWE:

"WWE is the greatest Wrestling Company ever, if you don't watch it, you are a gay man named Trevor.

if you put ratings on a scale, there would be some totally different weightings.

I haven't watched a Raw or SD! in months

SmackDown!/WWE:

I hope this post is meant to funny.

No I didn't, read back the post. I didn't go "mental". If you could be bothered to write a post that made sense and made a decent argument to why you prefer WWE to TNA instead of making childish statements about being gay for watching TNA. Oh wait you're 13, I take it all back kiddo. Edited by Dave7g

I didn't mean I hate TNA, I just prefer WWE. If you read it it rhymes, that's why lol

I would choose TNA over Crapdown any day. I don't even watch it anymore.[/Quote]

^ page 1. you posted that earlier

tna is clearly the better product. the only reason the vets are pushed is the new guys can't cut a promo to save thier life, wwe gets better ratings cuz it's been around a lot longer and is more well known, plus it has more exposure on better time slots on better channels and more time period