• vs. Notorious B.I.G.
    • Elvis Presley
    • vs. Dave Williams (ex.Drowning Pool)
    • Eminem
    • vs. Wayne Static (Static-X)
    • Jeff Buckley
    • vs. Marilyn Manson
    • Al Green
    • vs. Wednesday 13 (FDQFTP13/Murderdolls)
    • Liam Gallagher (Oasis)
    • vs. David Draiman (Disturbed)
    • James Brown
    • vs. Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin)
    • Freddie Mercury (Queen)
    • vs. Lionel Richie
    • DMX
    • vs. Mariah Carey
    • Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)
    • vs. Dr Dre
    • Stevie Wonder
    • vs. Robert Flynn (Machine Head)
    • Daniel Johns
    • vs. Spider One (Powerman 5000)
    • Michael Jackson
    • vs. Brian Wilson (The Beach Boys)
    • Jadakiss
    • vs. Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)

Since MLM fluffed up his poll...

Hey there,

I thought I'd split this into two halves as otherwise there's rather a lot to look at at once. Basically, it's in pairs, the first of a pair is marked in bold, the second one has 'vs' before their name. This is the round of 64, so I'm going to put 16 pairs here and have another thread with the other 16 pairs there. Just pick who you prefer from each pair and vote for them. If you don't know either singer from a particular pair, or don't want to choose between the singers in a particular pair, you can choose not to vote between that pair. This is kind of like a tournament between singers then, based on the few suggestions there were earlier and some other choices I've thrown in to take it from 45 to 64, trying to guess a few people's favourites but just sticking in some all-round choices (plus a couple of my favourites!). If someone you like isn't in here, you should have voted shouldn't you?!

I'll also be doing this with guitarists, bass players, drummers and maybe piano/keyboard players, though there probably won't be 64 selections in all of those categories, more like 16 or 32.

The matches on offer here are:

Tupac vs Danny Bowes (Thunder)

Bon Scott (AC/DC) vs Joe LeSte (Beautiful Creatures)

Dave Wyndorf (Monster Magnet) vs Notorious B.I.G.

Elvis Presley vs Dave Williams (Drowning Pool)

Eminem vs Wayne Static (Static-X)

Jeff Buckley vs Marilyn Manson

Al Green vs Wednesday 13 (FDQFTP13/MurderDolls)

Liam Gallagher (Oasis) vs David Draiman - Disturbed

James Brown vs Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin)

Freddie Mercury (Queen) vs Lionel Richie

DMX vs Mariah Carey

Kurt Cobain (Nirvana) vs Dr Dre

Stevie Wonder vs Robert Flynn (Machine Head)

Daniel Johns vs Spider One (Powerman 5000)

Michael Jackson vs Brian Wilson (The Beach Boys)

Jadakiss vs Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)

Get voting, and feel free to comment.

Edited by DraVen

Thank you again to Dra for bailing me out on this one. Actually for doing it I just numbered the vocalists and Chris and Dra paired them so there was no deliberate matching up done.

Meant to say as well there is an eight day limit on the poll, which Dra included when he un-dunced my originally botched poll, so it closes Wednesday week, which is the 16th. :)

Nuts. Right then, it wouldn't be fair to scrub it so we'll have it that if Williams wins by a vote then it counts but if they're level then Elvis Presley goes through on away goals (or absent minds, however you want to put it!), since I didn't mean to vote Williams as well but obviously have voted for him.

If someone had told me in advance there'd be this many boobs in my day I'd expect not to be sleeping at home.

I voted in a few of the pairings. The first was between Presley and Williams, and Elvis wins hands down. As a vocalist he was one of the best, and as an entertainer he was even better. Dave Williams was good, but even if he was alive today he would not be able to match up with the King.

I also chose Eminem over Wayne Static. I enjoy both styles of music, but when listening to either of them i do favour Shady rather than Static, maybe its his lyrics, maybe its the way he raps, i just beleive that Eminem is alot better than Mr Static.

James Brown beats Robert Plant, but that was a very tough decision. Plant was a fantastic vocalist with Led Zepplin, his range was astounding and every song was high class. However the soul, jazz and blues of James Brown just wins it. Brown may be getting a bit washed up now, but in his prime he would have wiped the floor with many in this poll.

David Draiman got the nod over Liam Gallacher for two reasons, i like Draiman's music better, and i cant stand Oasis :lol

Freddy Mercury was an amazing vocalist, his talents were immeasurable and without him Queen could not have reached the heights they did. Lionel Richie is a good singer, with a smooth voice, but his range wasnt as varied as Mercury so cannot get through.

This may be a strange choice to many, but i decided that Mariah Carey should go through rather than DMX. I just beleive that her singing is better than his rapping, and although his acting is much better than hers, that doesnt count.

Kurt Cobain gets my vote over Dr Dre, as i was amazed at how well Cobain was able to translate his pain and angst into the lyrics of each and every song.

How can Chris Cornell (Soundgarden and Audioslave) not be in here?

Madness. :?

Because you didn't nominate him perhaps?

I would actually have put up a few absentees thinking about it, Axl Rose, Cornell, Kenny Rogers, Marvin Gaye, but I can't remember everything. Also, considering the forgetful day I was having when I put them up, there were so many mistakes I was lucky to end the day remembering who I was and where I lived. Happens sometimes! :P

I'm really enjoying this thread, I'd even go as far, to say it excites me!

I'm very happy with Dave Wyndorf's performance thus far, he's my personal favourite. I'm kinda guessing, that Inno, is a little annoyed that Danny Bowes is trailing behind Tupac, if it's any consolation, Bowes got my vote.

A little disappointed about Wednesday 13 getting his ass handed to him by Al Green, but hope for a influx of votes to change all that :) Same goes for Wayne Static, Robert Flynn, Joe LeSte and Dave Williams.

Oh, and C'mon Spider One!!!! Kick that scrawny ozzies ass!