ECW PPV

I think it will suck and become pointless if guys like Austin, Jericho, Benoit, Mysterio, etc are on it. I dont see them as 'ECW guys' so to speak.

It should be for people like Rhyno, Tajiri, The Dudley Boyz, RVD, Tommy Dreamer, Tazz, Raven, Lance Storm, Justin Credible, Nunzio etc, who are considered to be 'ECW guys'.

Dean Malenko wants to face Eddie Guererro at this ECW PPV.

If thats true I'm buying this PPV. Their ECW matches were amazing. They should just cancel suckdown and call it Hardcore TV, bring back the ECW belts and let Heyman go for it. I don't think anyone really gives a damn about Smackdown anymore.

From the Wrestling-Online Newsletter:

> HEYMAN WORKING ON ECW PPV

- Mike Johnson over at PWinsider.com is reporting that Paul Heyman took trips to the WWE headquarters in Stamford, CT., to work with WWE officials regarding the upcoming ECW pay-per-view set for June. WWE tapped longtime ECW worker Tommy Dreamer to take care of the project and Dreamer even contacted several ex ECW wrestlers who are not on the WWE roster and who could possibly participate in the Shane Douglas show set two days before the WWE ECW PPV. The pay-per-view is set for June 5th in New York and will be titled 'ECW: One Night Stand'. There has been no official word yet from the company about this show.

I think it will suck and become pointless if guys like Austin, Jericho, Benoit, Mysterio, etc are on it. I dont see them as 'ECW guys' so to speak.

It should be for people like Rhyno, Tajiri, The Dudley Boyz, RVD, Tommy Dreamer, Tazz, Raven, Lance Storm, Justin Credible, Nunzio etc, who are considered to be 'ECW guys'.

Austin, Jericho, Benoit and Mysterio were all 'ECW' guys.

Austin was there for a couple of months and cut some great promos and fought against Mikey Whipreck for the TV title and won I think.

Rey Mysterio got his first main stream exposure in ECW - i think - and had some great matches with Juventud Gurrera.

Jericho was scouted by Mick Foley (or so he says) and I think he had his first match in ECW against Foley at Big Ass Extreme Bash in 1996(?).

Benoit was a tag champ alongside Malenko in ECW too.

WWE would do anything if it got them PPV buys :roll

It wouldnt be up to WWE, Raven is a contracted TNA performer and TNA simply wouldnt allow it, I'm sure. Even for a large sum of money, UNLESS they were guarenteed, in writing, that Raven would be booked strongly and go over whoever he worked. There is no way they would allow him to be jobbed to a WWE guy.

Austin, Jericho, Benoit and Mysterio were all 'ECW' guys.

Austin was there for a couple of months and cut some great promos and fought against Mikey Whipreck for the TV title and won I think.

Rey Mysterio got his first main stream exposure in ECW - i think - and had some great matches with Juventud Gurrera.

Jericho was scouted by Mick Foley (or so he says) and I think he had his first match in ECW against Foley at Big Ass Extreme Bash in 1996(?).

Benoit was a tag champ alongside Malenko in ECW too.

They wre all in ECW, but not many people think of them as 'ECW' guys, as they really made their names elsewhere.

And Austin fought Mikey for the WORLD title and lost. It's on the DVD.

I am all in favour of this is it is done correctly. That is bring the ECW brand back full stop get rid of the SD and Raw roster split and get some ECW guys back under contract. Rhyno surely defends the ECW title as he was the list title holder. For some reason withouth titles on the line I would find it a tad silly.

They wre all in ECW, but not many people think of them as 'ECW' guys, as they really made their names elsewhere.

And Austin fought Mikey for the WORLD title and lost. It's on the DVD.

Thanks for the info - wasn't sure if it was the world or tv title.

I agree that not many of them are considered 'ECW' guys, I was just pointing out that if they were on the PPV, they would have a place because of their ECW history.

Back to the PPV - Surely WWE will try to get Foley involved as Cactus Jack (obviously)?