*** Official RAW Thread - 7th March 2005 ***

Chris2K

Preview:

CLASH OF EVOLUTION

March 7, 2005

On Dec. 14, 2003, young Evolution enforcer Batista and crafty veteran Ric Flair captured the World Tag Team Championship for the first time. Since then, Evolution's power, influence and success has only grown.

BatistaBut on Monday in Raleigh, N.C., the two Evolution members will instead battle each other. Since signing the RAW contract to challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania, Batista has become more and more independent. In contrast, Triple H’s most loyal ally will step up and take on the animal.

Will Batista’s brut force overwhelm “The Nature Boy,” or will Flair use his championship experience and Figure-Four Leglock to cut down the big man? Perhaps the X-factor will be the location of Monday Night RAW. This match will take place deep in the heart of “Flair Country” in his home state of North Carolina, and that might get The Nature Boy extra-motivated. And will Triple H get involved? Tune in Monday for the answer.

The HBK-Kurt Angle situation is escalating rapidly. What will Michaels say and do next, and will he be 100 percent on RAW after the bloody beating he took last week from the Olympic gold medalist?

Also, both Randy Orton and Chris Jericho seem intent on making their own WrestleMania mark on April 3. What will the “Legend Killer” do, and will we learn more about Jericho’s pay-per-view plan?

Watch RAW on Monday (9/8 CT; Spike TV) to find out.

I am intrgued though as to Kurt's comments on the next 4 weeks on Smackdown. He's going to do everything Shawn has done in his career in 4 weeks? What's he going to do exactly; win every belt on Smackdown in the run-up to Wrestlemania?!

Triple H opening two Raw shows in 2 weeks against 2 of the biggest jobbers on the roster, surprisingly no one will care to mention this :roll

The stipulation for the ladder match sounds good. Glad they didnt have Matt as the final entrant for the match as he is nowhere near world title quality, glad it was Kane. I guess the winner will end up picking Backlash for his world title match.

I enjoyed the Edge-Jericho match. "Screwing" seems to be a very popular term with Edge over recent months; but the chants were quite annoying and put you off what was an excellent match. Im starting to wonder if this whole thing with Edge-Lita-Matt was a work aswell. I think on Bottom Line this week, if the chants have been edited out, its not a work! If they're there, it is a work. Proof of how good WWE are at editing things is Lesnar/Goldberg on WMXX DVD, hardly any chants but live the chants were very loud!

Dont know what to think of the segment with Orton. I cant make out if he's a face or heel. He was getting some heel heat, and even said in his promo 'it's not a popularity contest' but then him RKO'ing Bischoff makes he think he's still a face. Only time will tell i guess.

I think it looks quite likely now that we will see Hassan vs Hogan at WM. Hassan complaining about not being in the ladder match, and Bischoff saying he has something instore for him makes me think that it will indeed be Hogan.

Nice to see Big Dave's pops overshadowing Flairs, even in his hometown. I think Batista needs to add something to his entrance, they should add some pyro onto his entrance i think, just after he does his dance thing on the top of the stage then when both his arms are out they can add some pyro in there. What on earth am i talking about? Anyway, the match was decent, and continues to make Batista look like an animal heading into WM, espically the ending with him breaking the sledgehammer.

Not a bad Raw but nothing too special.

Please excuse my ignorince or lack of knowledge. But how do you guys in G.B see RAW live on Monday nights? I use to live over there a few years back and you could only see it on Fridays

We started getting RAW live on Monday nights at the start of the year :)

Nice to see Big Dave's pops overshadowing Flairs, even in his hometown. I think Batista needs to add something to his entrance, they should add some pyro onto his entrance i think, just after he does his dance thing on the top of the stage then when both his arms are out they can add some pyro in there. What on earth am i talking about? Anyway, the match was decent, and continues to make Batista look like an animal heading into WM, espically the ending with him breaking the sledgehammer.

Not a bad Raw but nothing too special.

You're absolutely right about Batista's entrance Martin. Now that he is a main eventer-some pyro, smoke or special effects etc in his entrance would go down nicely.

Talking about lack of pyro-what ever happened to Randy Orton's pyro shower when he walked through the curtain and raised his arms?-that looked so awesome both on tv and in the arena itself.

I thought Raw was quite good this week. I can't believe they are giving Christy a Championship match at Mania now though. I'm quite glad that Kane is in the Ladder Match, that should be an interesting one. I can't wait for the Angle/HBK match though. Don't know whether Orton was trying to be heel or not, hopefully he is.

Chris2K's RAW Quick Notes

Not entirely sure how Angle can eclipse Michaels when HBK hasn't won any of the titles on the SD brand except the WWE Title, and Angle won't win that. Can't see him making Bret Hart legitimately tap out either.

Rosey doing a Moonsault is possibly the greatest thing the guy's ever done. Pity there will be nobody ever willing to take it. And why did HHH need a squash match? What purpose does it serve other than wasting time?

No way Matt could have been the sixth man. I would seriously not trust him in a ring with Edge. I reckon he probably would've been the sixth man though had all this Lita stuff not happened, which is a shame. Kane is definitely a last ditch attempt to get someone in.

Edge vs. Jericho was a good match, but the chants had me in stitches. Plus JR saying "How long is Edge gonna ride that horse?" when referring to Taboo Tuesday nearly made me cry. Edge's career will be plagued with this for the next year or so, and it's his own fault.

Orton sucks. He needs to be a heel. RKOing Bischoff was so, so, SO pointless.

Benoit is a legend/madman. That suicide dive into the ladder shows why he deserves to be pushed, as he'll do anything to make a half-arsed RAW match look good.

The Dirty Harry promo wasn't WrestleMania-related in the slightest, therefore made little sense.

Hassan definitely looks set to be Hogan's job-boy.

Trish is such a good heel. Christy is so bad at being threatening. Lita looks so sad pretending people want to see her. Pity she didn't stay out longer to absorb some of the chants.

Oh good, Benoit gets to be squashed by HHH next week.

The Flair/Batista match wasn't bad, but Batista's moveset does look incredibly weak. The snapping of the sledgehammer was a good visual though.

Pretty average show with highlights like Benoit's bumping and Edge's chants standing out.

The stipulation for the ladder match sounds good. Glad they didnt have Matt as the final entrant for the match as he is nowhere near world title quality, glad it was Kane. I guess the winner will end up picking Backlash for his world title match.

You're usually on the ball with your take on RAW, but you're way off this time.

To say Matt Hardy is nowhere near World title quality, and then say you're gald Kane is the sixth man, has to be a joke. Kane is horrible, and will never win the World title. Matt Hardy may not be taken seriously as a World title contender by some, but he'd add far more to the WrestleMania match, than Kane ever could.

If Matt Hardy had of popped out of the curtain to face Christian this week, the place would've gone nuts! instead, we get a Kane squashing Christian match. Not even Captain Charisma can get a good match out of 'Stumble Fumble' Kane.

You're usually on the ball with your take on RAW, but you're way off this time.

To say Matt Hardy is nowhere near World title quality, and then say you're gald Kane is the sixth man, has to be a joke. Kane is horrible, and will never win the World title. Matt Hardy may not be taken seriously as a World title contender by some, but he'd add far more to the WrestleMania match, than Kane ever could.

If Matt Hardy had of popped out of the curtain to face Christian this week, the place would've gone nuts! instead, we get a Kane squashing Christian match. Not even Captain Charisma can get a good match out of 'Stumble Fumble' Kane.

Couldnt agree more, I just can't see whatKane can bring to a ladder match? I was looking foward to it till now :(

I thought Trish was great - such a good heel and she really made Hemme out to the underdog, which she is. Hemme didn't show herself up and had some good mic work.

Edge and Jericho was ok and I thought it was great the way Jericho worked over Edge's arm all match - simple booking and it worked out great.

I would love to see Benoit and Benjamin have longer than five minutes, they had some good exchanges.

Randy Orton RKO'ing Eric 'Sean Connery' Bischoff was just a way for him to stay as a face. He's gonna get booed at WM, so get the turn over and done with.

Flair being put in the ring with Batista is a joke. How can a 56 year old man - albeit a 16 time world champion - be considered a threat to Batista who is supposed to be a monster?