Do you think they could....

Ed_666

Make a "animated" PPV with all kinds of dream matchups?

When I say "animated", I don't mean a cartoon, but realistic computer-generated representations of older wrestlers.

Think about the Final Fantasy film, the characters were so realistic in some scenes that you forgot you weren't watching real actors talking. And that was two or three years ago, nowadays it's probably even better.

Using similar technology they could set up bouts that we'll never see, with guys from different eras fighting each other. Ok, so it wouldn't be real, but niether's wrestling in some sense!

Imagine seeing Macho King Randy Savage fighting HBK, or Angle-Bret or HHH-Sting or whatever.

Do you think they'd bother with something like that (as it might be pretty expensive to do it well) and would anyone be interested in watching it?

Ed

You could also say that in using computer wrestlers, then they'd be able to do things which aren't possible in real life, have the fake wrestlers take ridiculous unrealistic risks etc.

I think it'd be bad for the business to have such an idea come into play, and think that would apply to most sports to be honest. I have to personally accept that the Celtic Champions League winning team will never play the Sampdoria team of 1990/91... I don't think I'd see the appeal in watching a computer generated version, it wouldnt really prove much.

Interesting idea though. You won't need a computer generated Hogan or Flair for 30 years anyway, they'll both keep milking it til they're gone!

I have to personally accept that the Celtic Champions League winning team will never play the Sampdoria team of 1990/91... I don't think I'd see the appeal in watching a computer generated version' date=' it wouldnt really prove much.[/quote']

Football is a different matter, since you'd only want to play classic teams against each other to see who was best.

With wrestling it wouldn't be about who's the best, as the result would be just as predetermined in a cartoon as it is with real wrestlers.

Ed

Football is a work! It's all predetermined! :P

I get your point, but at the same time still, wouldn't it really just be up to the booker at the end of the day in the cartoon match who was going to win? I don't understand maybe, what would it prove to have like a digital HHH v digital Roddy Piper match etc?

It wouldn't be about proving anything, it'd be about seeing guys from different eras wrestling each other when they never could in reality.

Who wouldn't want to watch a Bret Hart - Kurt Angle match, or HBK-Mr Perfect. Or Savage-HHH. If they could make it as realistic as Final Fantasy, it'd be almost as good as seeing it for real.

However it'd probably cost a lot more to make than they could possibly recoup in PPV sales. Then again, released on DVD it could probably get some good sales from people who wanted to see them fight, even if it's slightly unrealistic.

Ed

I think they could do it. Computer graphics these days are brilliant, and looking at some films that use them, and how realistic they look I dont see why WWE cant use them.

When you play SDvsRAW, apart from the obvious unrealsitc graphics the movement is good, so if they added graphics that look real, it could happen.

Archived