Driving!

I failed my theory test the other day. For the hazard perception test you need 44 to pass and I got 58 but on the theory you need 30 and I got 29, so I failed by one question.

Driving is too expensive! I pay nearly 20 quid an hour for lessons.

When I pass im probably going to buy a peugeot 306.

Does everybody drive? If so what car?

And if your planning on passing your test soon what car are you going to get.

How so? The written test has always been relatively simple as long as you actually read the book, and the actual in-car driving test has always been the same.

As long as you drive within all speed limits, keep an eye on all you're mirrors, check you're blind spot before pulling away, know how to reverse around corners, reverse park, emergency stop and basically drive a comfortable and safe feeling ride, you will pass.

Eh, I guess it just depends on how you take to it. I passed with ease, I wasnt even nervous. My mate was more nervous than anything, and I think he tried 3 or 4 times before he finally passed.

Not sure if its any harder than before, but I know instructors are giving minors for things like having your indicator on too long while turning, which seems a little to much un my opinion, although I do think its alot down to the instructors attitude.

When I done my practical test last year I thought I well and truely stuffed it up because when doing a parallel park I bumped the pavement, at this time I thought it was a total fail, but I attempted the move again and done it ok, but in my mind I thought I had failed. Anyway, turned out that I only got a minor for my mistake , I think if I was given a different exam person, then I could have failed because of that mistake, but my examiner was cool.

I remember some of the small things they would fail you for when I took my test in 97. Things like not putting on you're handbreak at traffic lights and balancing on the clutch instead. Crossing over you're hands while steering...stupid little things which arent EVER going to cause an accident.

I think putting your handbrake on at lights means that if someone runs up the back of you you're not going to shoot too far forward into the traffic. Crossing the hands I never understood though

I passed my Theory and Practical tests on the second time of asking. Theory tests were piss easy when I failed mine, that was in 1997, not long after they first introduced them. Somehow I failed, when I went to re-take it they had made it harder and I passed. Failed my first practical test for not indicating when asked to pull over at the side of the road. I could never pass my driving test now.

I drive a Red Peugeot Partner van to work and a White Vauxhall Astra 1.8SRi at home.

I passed everything on first time..Motorcycle and Car. Had the double-wammy of theory tests had to do Motorcycle and Car questions. Hazard perception is just a case of common sense...everything can be percieved as a hazard..

I passed everything on first time..Motorcycle and Car. Had the double-wammy of theory tests had to do Motorcycle and Car questions. Hazard perception is just a case of common sense...everything can be percieved as a hazard..

It took me 3 goes to pass my test! Bl**dy cyclists, Oxford is known officially as having the most complicated road system in Europe though, so that's my excuse :D

Until recently I drove a modified XR2i, black, low and just gorgeous :devil

I now have to drive a red Toyota Corolla :(

Edited by sunflower

I'm really keen to start driving lately and have been looking into finding an instructer, a terribly patient one lol! My younger cousin has just passed her test first time and i'm hoping to go with the guy she learnt from. He only charges £17 per lesson compared with £20 average.

Although I've been put off a tad reading some of these posts!! I really do need to learn though, I spend my life on public transport!! :)