Greatest Champion in WWF/E history  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Champion in WWF/E history

• Crash Holly (Hardcore)
    • D Lo Brown (European)
    • Trish Stratus (Womens)
    • Rey Mysterio (Cruiserwieght)
    • Edge and Christian (Tag Team)
    • Stone Cold Steve Austin (King Of The Ring)
    • Ric Flair (Royal Rumble)
    • John Cena (United States)
    • Mr Perfect (Intercontinental)
    • Hulk Hogan (World)

Here it is the moment you have all been waiting for. Just who is the greatest champion in WWF/E history well were about to find out. Now before I get started could i just point out you dont have to vote for say Hogan just because he had the World tittle etc.

Finalists:

Crash Holly (Hardcore) 25.00%

D Lo Brown (European) 42.86%

Trish Stratus (Womens) 42.50%

Rey Mysterio (Cruiserwieght) 40.74%

Edge and Christian (Tag Team) 38.46%

Stone Cold Steve Austin (King Of The Ring) 43.24%

Ric Flair (Royal Rumble) 27.59%

John Cena (United States) 46.43

Mr Perfect (Intercontinental) 16.67%

Hulk Hogan (World) 23.64%

P.S. If you have enjoyed the Y2James polls and apreciate my hard work and efforts put into the poll feel free to donate some rep points :xyx

May the best champ win :thumbsup

• Like 1

I would have voted for Austins world title reigns, but seeing as Austin didnt make it threw, and although he's up there on the King of the Ring, i just dont think you can be the greatest champ ever by winning 3 matches in one night (or 1 if it's the rumble).

So my vote goes to the Tag Team champions, Edge and Christian. Tag champs 7 times and each title reign produced some brilliant matches, and of course the classic skits with Angle and Foley were some of the funniest things ive ever seen.

God bless the Kurt Angle birthday party :worship

I voted Trish as she is the greatest in her division without a doubt whereas there are question marks about who the greatest wwe champ of all time is.

actually for once i agree with you're logic, there are definatly people who will debate most of those titles except for Trish as the best women's champion

Well it was us that voted for it. Well I say US. I voted for Hogan too. But I can see why in perspective E&C did as much for the tag division as Hogan did for the world. It doesn't mean E&C surpass Hogan in the general scheme of things. And they did have consistently better matches.

Well it was us that voted for it. Well I say US. I voted for Hogan too. But I can see why in perspective E&C did as much for the tag division as Hogan did for the world. It doesn't mean E&C surpass Hogan in the general scheme of things. And they did have consistently better matches.

Makes no difference on match quality, I dont see how different titles all matched up can make for a fair poll, and when you have two mid card comedy acts who have never been draws for the company they work for or who have never done anything for the business in general, beating out bonafide legends like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Steve Austin in a "Who is the greatest Champion?" poll then its insane.

The problem here, like I said earlier, is that people seem to be considering this as a "Who is my favourite champion" poll, rather than what it is, and thats a "Who is the greatest champion" poll. Because lets be honest, there is no way the comedy midcard team of E&C is even a patch as title holders to people like Hogan, Flair and Austin. There is just simply no way.

Why does everyone care about draws for the company etc?

I couldnt give a damn! Edge and Christian cut fantastic promos and put on some classic matches. Hogan put on a load of crap but drew the mainstream audience in and made the company loads of money. But I can tell you which of the two i'd rather watch.

I couldnt give a damn! Edge and Christian cut fantastic promos and put on some classic matches. Hogan put on a load of crap but drew the mainstream audience in and made the company loads of money. But I can tell you which of the two i'd rather watch.

That pretty much prove Beltmarks point. This is more of a favourite champions thread than a best champions thread. But as it's wrestling were talking about I fail to see much of a difference.

Why does everyone care about draws for the company etc?

Because when it comes to great champions, to be one, you have to be able to draw an audience, or else you are a failure as champion, like Bret Hart and Eddie Guererro. So you couldnt give a damn? And? It still needs to be taken into account for 'Greatest champion' poll. If it was just about in-ring work, it would be a 'Which champion was the best wrestler?' poll.

As for Hogan putting on "a load of crap", thats you're opinion. I'd watch Hogan over Edge and Christian any day of the week, and the fact that Hogan is more popular than both of them combined, I'd say I'm not alone.

Saying E&C cut fantastic promos is you're opinion too. I dont class comedy goofy promos as "fantastic"....funny, yeah maybe. Fantastic? Nah, not for me, not at all. A champion shouldnt be a comedy act.

And arent you the one who cries about Cena all the time? Well, he is more popular than everybody else you mark for I'd think, and I'm sure all those Cena marks would prefer to watch him over Christian any day of the week too. Its called OPINION.

I think you have proven my point bro. This poll is being treated more as a 'Who is you're favourite champion?' poll over a 'Who is the best champion' poll.

Because when it comes to great champions, to be one, you have to be able to draw an audience, or else you are a failure as champion, like Bret Hart and Eddie Guererro. So you couldnt give a damn? And? It still needs to be taken into account for 'Greatest champion' poll. If it was just about in-ring work, it would be a 'Which champion was the best wrestler?' poll.

As for Hogan putting on "a load of crap", thats you're opinion. I'd watch Hogan over Edge and Christian any day of the week, and the fact that Hogan is more popular than both of them combined, I'd say I'm not alone.

Saying E&C cut fantastic promos is you're opinion too. I dont class comedy goofy promos as "fantastic"....funny, yeah maybe. Fantastic? Nah, not for me, not at all. A champion shouldnt be a comedy act.

And arent you the one who cries about Cena all the time? Well, he is more popular than everybody else you mark for I'd think, and I'm sure all those Cena marks would prefer to watch him over Christian any day of the week too. Its called OPINION.

I think you have proven my point bro. This poll is being treated more as a 'Who is you're favourite champion?' poll over a 'Who is the best champion' poll.

Well my OPINION is that I am not bothered about draws, the only person I want to see drawn to the show is me. Hogan drew in millions of fans, made loads of money for the company, blah blah blah. A champion to me is someone who can cut a good promo, make the title mean something and wrestle a good solid match or even a great match.

Hogan was good for his time and stuff but to me there is absolutely no way I prefer him to Christian! But thats my opinion.

Well my OPINION is that I am not bothered about draws, the only person I want to see drawn to the show is me. Hogan drew in millions of fans, made loads of money for the company, blah blah blah. A champion to me is someone who can cut a good promo, make the title mean something and wrestle a good solid match or even a great match.

Hogan was good for his time and stuff but to me there is absolutely no way I prefer him to Christian! But thats my opinion.

EXACTLY!!! Thats my point. You are picking you're favourite over who made a better champion. You really think that Christian, as WWF Tag Team champion, was a greatest champion in the WWF than Hulk, Flair or Austin were as WWF World champions?

I cant even fathom what Christian did for the titles worth or the company in general, that meant more or was better than anything that the two biggest draws in wrestling history in Austin and Hogan, and another bonafide legend in Flair, did.

And you should be bothered and concerned with how the company is drawing, because if they only draw you, they are out of business.

This whole idea seems a little ridiculous. Ok, yeah have seperate polls for seperate championships. European, IC, World etc.

But then choosing the "Greatest Champion in history" out of the finalists?

Nah, doesn't work. Sorry, but it doesn't.

You could argue who did the best for the industry, and the Hogan would get my vote.

Or ask who has drawn the most crowds in history and once again Hogan's name would be up as would Stone Cold's.

You could argue who is the most sound grappler, and then you have a potentially decent debate on your hands.

But pitting D'Lo and Trish Stratus up against people like Ric Flair and Steve Austin? How does that work?

You're putting people from different catagories against each other.

its just another favourites poll. Doesnt mean anything and wont prove anything apart from Edge and Christian are quite popular going back to their '99 - '00 skits.

• Like 1