Sequels that out-do their originals...

Rock

Now people say a sequel will never be as good as the original, but that is not always the case....

The obvious one is Terminator 2 and some people say Empire Strikes Back, but are they any others ???

There is also the case of the Rocky films... Are Rocky 2 and 3 better than Rocky ????

Im tempted to say Blade 2, but im unsure.. I also thought Final Destination 2 was better than the 1st one...

So are there sequels better than the original ???

Edited by Rock

blade 2 wasn't anywhere near the first one you raving loony

Your right, but if i had a choice over which film to watch, i would pick Blade 2.. Dont know why, but it maybe the fact that the first film is dark and moody and the 2nd is more action packed...

I would say that Terminator 1 and Alien 1 are far better films than any of their sequels.
**Thud**

Sorry, just picking myself off the floor. I can see where you are coming from, but I find Alien quite (sorry) boring until near the end. Terminator1 is a great movie, that is just overshadowed by it's bigger, better sequel IMO. But that may be just me.

I wouldn't say any of the Superman sequals outdo the original. But Aliens and T2 kicked their predecessors atmospheric asses. Only just though. Their both definitly different so it's hard to say ones better than the other.

Other than that. THE MATRIX! Nah just kidding.

Toy Story 2 had such a mountain to climb after Toy Story 1 but they climbed it and urinated on it.

Lethal Weapon 4 beats the previous 3, absolutely awesome and it's very amusing.

Spiderman 2 has been stated before, it's an obvious choice.