Who has accomplished more: Hogan or Flair?

MartynJ

Who's Acompished more Hogan or Flair?

Who do you think has accomplished more in the wrestling industry upto date HOGAN or FLAIR?

The reason for me doing this thread is because over the past few weeks ive seen many of you say that none of them should wrestle again.

Im a Hogan fan myself (loved him as a kid) and i dont realy like Flair that much.

But after doing research and watching many old wrestling matches over the past few weeks and documentrys

Id have to say FLAIR, there both old guys and have both been sucessfull, HOGAN is proberly more well known and is more famous

But id have to say flair has acompished more in the wrestling industry

as much as i perfer hogan over flair.flair acomplished more.look at how many world titles he has had.about twice as much as hogan had.hogan was more popular than flair which is a big plus.but flair just had more titles than hogan.

if you take away the title count i say hogan did more.he put wwf(e) on the market.always got a huge crowd going and knew how to get stuff done.flair also knew how to draw a crowd to hate him.both have there strong and weaknesses.

Thing with flair though ,its because he wasnt as popular that he achievd more titles,been heel most of the time, but he also helped make alot of the young stars back in the early days Thats why i voted him as an achiever as well as having all the titles plus he's still having matches now

But like i said i was a hulkamaniac and hardly saw anything of flair in the mania4+5 days, it was always wwf for me, and i will always like HOGAN better

I would say Hogan. He made wrestling popular in the early 80's as the main attraction of the biggest wrestling event then and which still continues to be wrestlings biggest event Wrestlemania! As part of the Rock n' Wrestling era he put WWF on the map I think if its wasnt for Hogan Wrestlemania would have failed there wouldnt have been any Rock n' Wrestling and wrestling wouldnt have been as popular.

Also Hogan has become a bigger name outside the world of wrestling by doing tv shows,movies and other special appearances which also helped to make wrestling more popular.

Hogan, easily.

Flair had 16 World titles, Hogan had 12. Thats not double the amount Hogan had at all.

Hogan won 2 Royal Rumbles, main evented 8 of the first 9 WrestleMania's, Main evented the first 4 SummerSlams, main evented the first 5 Survivor Series, main evented the first King of the Ring and then went on to help lift WCW above the WWF in the ratings and main evented all their PPV's too.

Wherever Hogans name was from 1984 - 1998 pretty much meant box office, thats not the case with Flair.

Hogan drew record crowds, ratings, buyrates etc and with him and the helm, the WWF crushed the NWA with Flair at the helm.

Add to this the fact that Hogan took wrestling mainstream and made it what it has become, what did Flair ever do for wrestling? If he was main man in wrestling, wresting would still be a terrotorial business. Flair didnt and could NEVER take wrestling to the next level like Hulk Hogan did.

Flair may be on the same level as Hogan in regards to kayfabe accomplishments like winning numerous titles and long title reigns and beating the best, but he cant even compete with Hogan on a business level, so Hogan takes it, EASILY.

Edited by The Beltster

They are both legends and better wrestlers than the frauds of the last decade, Bret Hart, Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit couldnt lace Hogan or Flairs boots.

Hogan put wrestling on the map and created Hulkamania. Whereas Flair is a sixteen time champion putting on superb matches against Dusty Rhodes.

They are both the best in differnent ways.

On what they achieved on a personal level - in a faked sport of course - then I think you have to go with Flair, simply on the number of titles. match quality and so forth.

As far as bringing wrestling into the mainstream and having public recognition then I have to agree with Beltmark in saying Hogan wins this easily having accomplished more than any wrestler in history in this regard.

I agree with Dragon on this one.

They're both better at 2 different things. It just depends on what you're asking.

Guest Fully
Flair. He is a master of the ring, a master at selling, a master at promos, a master at everything. Hogan was good, Hogan was great but Flair is so much better as a worker. And Flair has many many many many more classic matches than Hogan does

Ric Flair da man' date='Hogan has spent too long away from the ring in the last decade on films and contract wrangles,do you think hulk would wrestle if his film career would have took off?[/quote']

If Flair had a movie career take off where he could earn $10-15 million per movie, then he wouldnt wrestle either! Of course Hogan wouldnt have wrestled if his movie career took off, he would have been an idiot to stay wrestling if it did. The Rock doesnt!

Money is money, and earning $10-15 million per movie and making 2-3 movies per year is alot better than earning a couple million having you're body battered every night and being away from you're family all year round.

Flair is cool, he is a legend, when when it comes to who is the man in pro wrestling and the biggest legend of all time, Flair cant hold Hogans jock strap.

Okay people its time to seriously put this thread in total prespective.

First off lets talk about Ric Flair.

Ric Flair has held just about every major title in the NWA/WCW's history. Former US champion,former tag champion,and is a former 16 time World champion.Not to mention lasted in the Royal Rumble longer than anyone to win the title.

Ric Flair has been in the ring with just about every big name superstar in pro wrestling history thats alive or deceased over the last 25-30 years.Just about every face to every heel thats ever came into the business Flair has faced them all.

From BoBo Brazil,Jack Brisco,Terry Funk,"Nature Boy" Buddy Rodgers,Ravishing Rick Rude,Sting,Lex Luger,Dick Slater,Bob Orton jr.Nikita Koloff,Dusty Rhodes,Ricky Steamboat,Steve Austin,Tasumi"The Dragon"Fujinami,All of the Von Erichs,Shawn Michaels,The Freebirds,Rick Martel,Bret Hart,Buddy Landell,Undertaker,Both of the RoadWarriors,Both of the Rock'N'Roll Express,Both of the Midnight Express,Barry Windham,Hall & Nash,Arn Anderson,Syxx,Harley Race,Vader,Both Rick and Scott Steiner,"Hot Stuff"Eddie Gilbert,Ronnie Garvin,Jimmy Garvin,"Dr.Death"Steve Williams,The Great Muta,Brian Pillman,Rey Mysterio,"Chief" Wahoo McDaniel;etc.

Ric Flair has faced alot more competition than Hogan ever has in his career. Not to mention Flair had more quality opponents than Hogan ever had.Plus you cant overlook the variety of opponents Flair has faced compared to Hogan.

From Cruiserweights to light Heavyweights to heavyweights to super heavyweights Flair has faced them all.Not to mention throughout most of his career Flair has faced alot of heels as well as faces in his career. No Hogan fans out there can say the same about Hogan.

When Ric Flair was the NWA champion he was the most acknowledged champion in pro wrestling. Even though the AWA,World Class,and many other federations had there own version of the World championship.However, unlike the WWWF at that time all of them let it be known that Ric Flair was the NWA World Champion and that title was THE title to have period.

Plus Ric Flair was the original total package.He had ring skills,mic skills,always gave it his all in the ring,had the best promos in the business,and he was unselfish when it came to the World title.Flair is a true Icon to the root of pro wrestling.He is a true legend when it comes to what wrestling WAS all about.

Now on to Hogan.Granted Hogan took wrestling and the WWF to new heights from an entertainment prespective. Hogan was indeed the most famous and marketable Champion in Pro Wrestlings history period.Hogan really didnt hold many titles.Other than the WWF title,briefly held the IWGP title,and was a tag champion only once in his career thats about all hes held.

Most of the best matches that Hogan had nobody really seen.During his first couple of years as champion Hogan indeed had some great challenges from guys like Nickoli Volkoff,Iron Sheik,Big John Studd,Roddy Piper,"Dr.D" David Schultz,Greg"The Hammer"Valentine,and just about any big name heel you can think of in the WWF.

And yes Hogan has gone over seas and had some of the best matches that you've probably will never see.Guys like The Great Muta,Antonio Inoki,and Stan"The Lariat"Hansen. Those matches indeed showed truly what Hogan could do in the ring better than what he was"allowed" to do in the WWF/WWE.

But thats where I had my problem with Hogan.There were so many"other"opponents out there that was indeed"faces" that had just as much talent and charisma as Hogan did.But the WWF never let those matches happen. Guys like Billy Jack Haynes,Tito Santana,Ricky Steamboat;etc could've been a great challenge for Hogan. But it was always rulebreakers that got the duke when it came to going after Hogan and the title.

Overall Hogan is indeed a ring legend.Hes faced some of the biggest heavyweights in pro wrestling history.From Andre the Giant to the Big show to Kamala to Big John Studd to King Kong Bundy to Sid Vicious to the Undertaker to the Big Bossman to Akeem to Yokozuna to Big Van Vader himself.

When he came to WCW indeed Hogan faced a different Variety of opponents than he did in the WWF. From Sting to Lex Luger to a whole crop of new opponents.Hogan indeed has faced whatever WCW threw his way.

But overall Hogan's opponents just doesnt hold a candle to the kind of guys Flair has faced.Yes Hogan was the 1st pro wrestler to open the door for guys to cross over to Hollywood to make movies and become movie stars as well as famous pro wrestlers.

And yes Hogan indeed was the man that brought Pro Wrestling into the spotlight period.Cant deny that. But to be honest both men has done alot for Pro Wrestling.

Ric Flair put the quality of wrestling into prespective. Hogan put the entertainment value of wrestling into prespective.But if I had to choose one I'd go with Flair.

He was the textbook definition of what a World champion in Pro Wrestling was all about.Even to this day.Hogan was basically the most commerical champion ever.But no doubt he was the man was instrumental in makingthe WWF the household name that its become today.

:worship Other than that both men indeed IMO are the two biggest legends in the sport bar none.There will never be another Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan in this lifetime. :worship

• Like 1

Also there ain't no way in a zillion years Hogan made anywhere near 10-15 million dollars for one film. I'd be surprised if he got more than a million.

For me I look at this way. If you ever want a guy to be the man to show you why wrestling is so popular on a mainstream scale, with personalities and characters its Hogan. And for anyone who wants to see why wrestling is so popular in terms of the actual wrestling side throughout history, then it's Flair.

They are both as big a legend as each other, just for totally different reasons.

Also there ain't no way in a zillion years Hogan made anywhere near 10-15 million dollars for one film. I'd be surprised if he got more than a million.

I think you misread what I wrote. I said IF Hogan's movie career had taken off and he was pulling in $10-15 million per movie like the Rock, then of course he wouldnt have continued wrestling, and who would have blamed the guy. I didnt say he actually was making that per movie. I'd say he made his best movie money for Suburban Commando, when he was in demand and nobody knew he was going to be a poor actor.