The way forward and the future of WWE

Ravenmark

With Wrestlemania 21 just around the corner and many of the WWE's mainstays on their way out or gone - Foley, Rock, Austin etc - and established stars such as Undertaker are nearing retirement, the WWE is in a transitional period.

So what's the way forward?

Both John Cena and Batista are being groomed as next generation stars and are possibly the most over people on the roster - but who else is going to step up to the plate?

JBL has been a solid champ on Smackdown and has got himself over, however, i don't see him as a challenger or a champ after WM.

Triple H will be around for a long time and he will probably be champ for a lot of his time left - but who will be his challengers?

Batista, Orton and Edge are obvious candidates. Shawn Michaels hopefully won't battle Hunter again as the feud has been done to death.

Jericho and Benoit will never be top tier players - and that's just the way it is. Benoit's title run flopped, but only because it was never given a chance.

Randy Orton's title run was a flop too, because of a rushed face turn and being told to carry the ball too soon.

Maven would be a good foil for a babyface champion, but he's still green adn still young.

Smackdown is not entirely different.

Big Show gets farted on by fans everywhere, because he has had so many babyface and heel turns, and because he is not booked as a monster.

Gurrero has openly said he can't handle the pressure of being champ, so who do they look to?

Booker T? Nearing retirement and nobody buys him as a top level guy. RVD? Maybe, but he needs to work a main event style - the so-called wwe style- which will never happen.

As stated in previous thread - the cruisers need to be taken more seriously and the cruiser champ should pose a threat to the wwe champ. They are both world champs, just in different weight classes.

Maybe a new draft after WM could be the answer?

Enough of my ramblings, any thoughts?

• Like 1

i personally think that RVD Jericho and Benoit should be the ones the get the nod and HHH not only needs to drop the belt but also drop down to the midcard so that others get the chance to be top guys and Cena and Batista and Orton should get pushed properly too, fortunatly Batista and Cena have been well pushed but Orton needs to go back to being a heel and be the one to beat Cena in a few months

RVD, Edge, Orton, Cena, Batista, Jericho, Show, and Rhyno could all be men to carry the WWE. RVD and Rhyno need to be given a serious push. When RVD was the Intercontinental champ he had some of the most impressive matches I can remember. The ladder match with Christian was absolutley amazing. Rhyno can be absolutely devastating if booked right.

RVD is so over rated in my opinion, has smackdown really missed him these last few weeks. I don't think so. It's true I've never seen any of his ECW matches when he was meant to be at his best but he has never really impressed me at all in WWE whether pushed or not. There are plenty more deserving people for runs at the top.

RVD is so over rated in my opinion' date=' has smackdown really missed him these last few weeks. I don't think so. It's true I've never seen any of his ECW matches when he was meant to be at his best but he has never really impressed me at all in WWE whether pushed or not. There are plenty more deserving people for runs at the top.[/quote']

Polan74, If you've never seen any of RVD's matches in ECW you need to stop talking about how overrated he is then.You have no clue what you're saying.RVD's matches are indeed some of the most entertaining mathes you'll ever see outside of the WWE as well as inside the WWE.

RVD is in fact to be honest one of the most underrated wrestlers on the planet that truly and rightfully deserves to hold a World championship before his career is over. Whether hes a face or a heel RVD is one of the elite of pro wrestling period!!!!

Everybody has some good points here on how the WWE should be in the future.My main focus is on having Smackdown and Raw continue to interact with each other during more PPV's in the future and during regular telecasts.

Indeed.He was truly the best hardcore champ ever. When it came to PPV's nobody shows out like the whole F'n show RVD. Plus I just bought RVD's DVD"One of a Kind" that came out recently. If you are an RVD fan you owe it to yourself to buy it. Its a two disc set for only $15.99. Its definately worth every penny T.S. :D

batista is 36 years old, thats why they are pushing him, cuz there ain't much time left

-shelton benjamin has potential, he just needs a finisher and a little personality

-Charlie haas needs a manager

-christian needs pushed

-tajiri needs pushed

-rhyno needs pushed

Edited by E-Mac

I have thought for a while that Rhyno should get a push, just to see how it would go. The problem with him tho, is he has as much character as Benoit and that is partly how his title reign failed.

My interest in Jericho comes and goes but I think a move to SD would be good for both parties.

The best thing to do with HHH is shift him to SD. I remember the lottery a few years back when he was picked for SD, it would have been great then and it would be great now. He needs a fresh platform to work on and SD could certainly do with him too. He cant drop down the card now, 11 times champ, it would just look stupid.

In WCW the big show was about 10st lighter and 10 times better because of it. He and Batista could have a decent feud but I think a feud with a heel Orton may be better.

I also think that if they are to start getting these SD superstars more over then Taker has to start losing a few matches. Ok Heidenreich isnt the best but what was the point in him feuding with Taker at all if he was just going to lose every match?

batista is 36 years old, thats why they are pushing him, cuz there ain't much time left

-shelton benjamin has potential, he just needs a finisher and a little personality

-Charlie haas needs a manager

-christian needs pushed

-tajiri needs pushed

-rhyno needs pushed

Batista is 26 not 36--

David Bautista best known as Batista (born January 18, 1979 in Washington, DC)

Batista is indeed in his early 30s.

Anyway back to the thread.

At least WWE is trying to create new 'stars'. Chris Masters being a case in point although somewhat ironically, his gimmick is a mixed rehash of Rick Rude and Lex Luger's heel persona.

Bringing in Kazarian could be a start, but only as i have stated many times before, they treat the cruisers and the heavyweights equally.

The future of WWE is Batista, Orton, Cena and Edge. Christian maybe, but I don't think he can call a match and in some cases he is carried - he's still a good worker though.

Four top stars is not enough, particularly when three are currently on Raw.

With Wrestlemania 21 just around the corner and many of the WWE's mainstays on their way out or gone - Foley, Rock, Austin etc - and established stars such as Undertaker are nearing retirement, the WWE is in a transitional period.

So what's the way forward?

Just thinking..but this is the same thing that has been said for the past 2 wrestlemanias! Always thatthe mainstays are leaving and it time for the new stars to rise...yet every year nothing seems to happen. I don't see how this year will be any different really.

To Dante - kind of a spoiler of such for heat...

Apparently Rhyno was super over during next weeks heat taping. I think he is another person who could be pushed like RVD, Y2J, and the rest...

Are you saying Rhyno is starting to get recognized and maybe a push.....my heart is all a flutter :lol

Guest Fully

Up to now I see the future of WWE in these guys....

RVD - Surely has another main event run to come.

Edge - He has been on the fringes for so long. The time is near...

Orton - His face turn almost killed some great pushing but a turn back heel could see him become the top dog in the WWE

Cena - I wish he would drop the bloody gimmick he is on now but even if he doesnt he is still gonna be upper-midcard to main event material

Batista - Pushing has been right so far. Let it continue but I thinka hell turn around Summerslam time would be a good idea

Jericho - Always being held back. Always looking like he will make it to dominate main event status but alwsys gets pushed back to the ic title . Surely a prolonged period at the main event is near.

Matt Hardy - As a heel this works great. Could have a good series of matches if pushed right and against the right opponent.

Shelton Benjamin - Not showing as much potential as I though he would when he was in WGTT but still dont bet against him making it to the top

Rene Dupree - In the ring, despite the crap gimmick, this guy is awesome and has the potential to be either a top face or a top heel. Book him right and they just may have a big big talent

Benoit - Needs to stay at the top. Keep giving us the great matches

Paul London - Hes just great

As stated in previous thread - the cruisers need to be taken more seriously and the cruiser champ should pose a threat to the wwe champ. They are both world champs' date=' just in different weight classes.[/quote']

Why should this happen? Do lightweight boxers challenge the heavyweights? No, because they'd get flattened in about 30 secs.

Can you realistically see any way in the world that Rey could beat someone like Viscera, Kane or Batista?

Wrestling should be as realistic as possible, and at the end of the day, wrestling is about two guys fighting, and if one guy is a lot bigger and stronger than the other, then they'll usually win because they'll hit harder, and take less damage when they are hit.

Ed