Delia, Delia, Delia!!!

Davros

Okay there I was asleep this morning when my radio/alarm clock went off and I was disturbed to be woken by Delia Smith shouting "Where are you? Lets have you?". Chris Moyles had been playing sound bites of this all morning apparently. :eek

Checking the news this morning at half time between Norwich and Man City Delia came rambling out into the centre of the pitch grabbed the nearest mike and started a rather drunken sounding rant to encourage the fans. Did anyone see this game? Was she wasted or what? Does anyone know if there is a link out there where I can see this cos it sounds mad (passionate but mad).

On a discussion note (MODS: feel free to move this thread if I've put it into the wrong place this part could be more of a general chat question) have you done anything that you've regretted the following morning? If Delia was a wee bit tipsy last night :tony, imagine waking up the following day to read that you made a tit of yourself in front of 30,000 people. :eek

Mine, are unfortunately alcohol related. Previous madness moments include firewalking and scaling my garage to see what our cat used to find so comfortable about it. :roll

So any regrets out there?

I don't think the fans needed to be motivated - it was the team.

They had a great start and then they just fell to pieces.

And if i was a Norwich fan, Delia Smith would be the last person that would make me get behind my team.

But still, it may be something chairmen or directors should do, get out on the pitch before the game and encourage the fans, let them know that their support is appreciated etc.

Well that worked didn't it. To be honest I thought it was the funniest thing I've ever seen. She's never gonna live his down, poor woman. I dont think the crowd were too happy about it either. Can you imagine if Newcastle or (God forbid) Cardiff fans were told by some ditty middle aged chef to pull their fingers out there arse and start supporting the team in some weird parody of Winston Churchill? She'd be (pardon the pun) eaten alive.

Archived