Newbie Wrestlers

Buff

ok i've been noticing for the past couple of years that when a new wrestler debuts they either face a no name or just a jobber.i frankly think it's dumb as heel.look what happened to steven richards when he faced masters last week.he got messed up cause masters is a new person.it's dumb how they do this just so they can show that the new wrestler is going to be "good" and worth watching them destroy smaller people.

so what ya think about this.

Doesn't achieve anything IMO. Anyone who doesn't watch Heat won't have even seen Stevie Richards for months, so wouldn't care what Masters did to him. That was most of the audience - did you notice how quiet they were?

And pitting Hassan against Jerry Lawler and Sgt Slaughter? WTF? When he took so long to beat two old, retired wrestlers what does that prove exactly?

Much better to have an upset victory, or maybe a very near victory on a well established wrestler (like Cena's SD debut vs Angle - he didn't beat him but because it looked like he nearly did they had sold him well). Even a DQ match, where the newbie is shown to be a violent heel is better at establishing character than beating a nobody.

They have done this since the beginning time time, its always been this way. Its better having them face a nobody than sacrificing a name talent to them, especially if they suck and the fans dont care, then you have just killed the heat of one of you're name stars for nothing.

It makes perfect sense.

Remeber in the old school days where ud get a hogan or a warrior destroy a jobber? Man i dnt think having rookies turn over stevie or hurricane will work nor do i ever understand the king vs haasan. I strongly agree pit the rookies in matches against strong opponents and take them to the limit. This is dun in TNA and is very effective.

Yeah, I mean.. what is most successful? Long, often boring promos (Hassan, Masters, Dean, to some degree Heidenreich), or just showing up and killing a baby? (Snitsky). The latter is by far the most successful OVW wrestler in a long time, since he was able to work with an established star right away. Heidenreich is also a partial success, because of his long feud with Undertaker. And why is all the new guys heel? Easier to get cheap heel heat??

Masters is dangerous not just horrible' date=' he injured Stevie richards in his first WWE TV match![/quote']

He did it by linking his hands together and then doing a backhand smash into Stevie's jaw. Not his chest. Right in the jaw. Hard. As Stevie was running at him after being whipped off the ropes.

What I don't understand, since I don't recall seeing this kind of strike before, is how did Masters think he could do that without doing lasting damage. Stiff is an understatement. I am not aware of any way he could have done it safely. He didn't seem to be aiming at Stevie's chest and missed - he just smashed him in the gob! :eek

Yeah, thats just what we need a Hardcore Holly v Chris Masters fued.

Think about it, this could be one of the greatest speactacels in wrestling history. It would overshadow Hogan v Rock, Austin v Rock, Hogan v Andre and everything else. They could even bill it as 'The battle of the full nelsons''!!!

Someone give WWE a call and tell them to book this awesome fued.

He did it by linking his hands together and then doing a backhand smash into Stevie's jaw. Not his chest. Right in the jaw. Hard. As Stevie was running at him after being whipped off the ropes.

What I don't understand, since I don't recall seeing this kind of strike before, is how did Masters think he could do that without doing lasting damage. Stiff is an understatement. I am not aware of any way he could have done it safely. He didn't seem to be aiming at Stevie's chest and missed - he just smashed him in the gob! :eek

It's too bad he didn't hit him in the jaw, cause if he did, he wouldn't have broken Stevie's cheekbone or nose :roll

Did you see the pic of Stevie on Raw? He looked like crap!

The only way I can see this being done safely is if Masters caught him with his forearm in the side of the head and even then it would have to be a light swing. He really did mess up Stevie. I can't believe that they let him wrestle. Same with Holly though. Not only is Masters terrible, he also has no heat. The crowd was pretty silent Monday if I remember correctly. Fire him and Holly and do us both a favor.

original point about newbys

Thats why i dont watch heat or velocity at all, because you'll get chris benoit or booker T faceing somebody called billy h noname or john smith (example lol) and you know who's going to win, best thing about them shows is if youve missed raw or smackdown they tell you whats happened, best unknown person ive seen for ages was snitky (might only be me) but when i first saw him and he faced kane id never heard of him but it brought him out, (even if he's crap now) but it just shows that you can get a newby and make him in to something, it just needs the right writers and there storylines to sort it out. But yes its always been done as belty said a bit back i can remember watching wwf superstars and challenge years back, and every single match was a decent superstar verses somebody you didnt know and you always knew who was going to win, thats why i would never go to a heat or a velocity show, it wouldnt be worth the travel fare

Edited by MartynJ

The only way I can see this being done safely is if Masters caught him with his forearm in the side of the head and even then it would have to be a light swing. He really did mess up Stevie. I can't believe that they let him wrestle. Same with Holly though. Not only is Masters terrible' date=' he also has no heat. The crowd was pretty silent Monday if I remember correctly. Fire him and Holly and do us both a favor.[/quote']

masters hit him with both fist clutched together.it look more he hit him on the side of the nose.i thought he broke his nose but it was his checkbone.and the pics they showed of him,man did he looked messed up badly.

i have noticed one thing about him.in the promos they did of him he looked a whole lot bigger.but when he debuted god did he look small compaired to the promos.

nobody has mentioned Carlito defeating Cena for the U.S title in his first match.

carlito just got it mainly cause cena was leaving and kenzo is crap when the 2 were fueding.been better if rene got it since we would of never seen jesus.

nobody has mentioned Carlito defeating Cena for the U.S title in his first match' date=' and Christian defeated Taka Michinoku for the lightweight title in his first match. (i dont know if the 2nd one really counts as it happened in the WWF years[/quote']

Gail Kim won the Championship on her debut as well and look where it got her!

I like Chris Masters. He has a good look and entrance. His finisher is a basic hold but with his power he makes it look animalistic.

Oh please! The only thing impressive about The Masterpiece is his entrance. Other than that hes just as boring as Muhammed Hasaan inside the ring. Using the full nelson as a finisher? How lame ass is that? Billy Jack Haynes indeed was the true master of the full nelson back in the old WWF days.

But a guy with this kind of power should have a more devastating finisher than this. Plus both of his matches wasnt really impressive. Other than his imitation of the"Polish Hammer" hes basically a borefest. Hopefully Chris Masters will show us a little more in the future. Because right now hes really nothing special other than having a nice body.