A Really Nice Story

BWS Soldier

This is a really nice story from a reader that didn't leave a name: 'On the way home from work Friday night I stopped for a few beers at a local pub. I sat next to a guy that I have known since I was a kid, he is a bit older than I am and his kids are pretty much adults. His daughter plans to be a career military woman, as does her future husband, the two met while serving in Afghanistan. The young couple were in the Washington D.C. area about 3 weeks ago, they wanted to do something special before returning to active duty, they decided on a great meal at a restaurant they truly could not afford, and would just load it up on the ole plastic magic. The couple walked into the establishment wearing their most formal military attire, a few moments after being seated, they noticed a huge, very well dressed man approaching their table, the young lady later told her Dad the huge man was smiling, he said hello and thanked them for serving, and protecting the country. The young ladies fiancée thought he recognized the man and asked if he was a pro wrestler, he nodded, smiled and said yes, as a waiter came by the wrestler asked him to bring the young couple a fine bottle of wine, anything they want, were his words. Then the huge man told them to enjoy their dinner and stay safe, well, when dinner was complete the bill for the food never came, the waiter came by and told them Mr. Dave Batista had paid for everything including the tip.'

Credit: W365

Just read this and thought i would post it cause it is a great story i have alot more respect than i did now for Batista he seems a cool guy :worship :worship :worship

"I think that shows that Batista says what is right about wrestling, he has respect for the fans and servicemen and women of his country whereas Orton is too busy harassing the new divas."

Havent heard about that, want to shed any light on that?

Guys like Batista deserve a pat on the back, he's a true class act and a really respectful guy, and one of a few that haven't taken their push to thier head, HBK did,HHH did, SCSA did, Kevin Nash did,Scott Hall did etc etc..guys like Dave deserve to be at the top not egos like the aforementioned I<unts

What a class act. It is refreshing to know that some people a still do things like that. But to be fair I dont think wrestlers in general get enough credit. So few of them nowadays are your stereotypical roughneck assholes.

Amen man that guy really does have his head and heart in the right place. Really an asset to Vince and maybe an example set to others!

"I think that shows that Batista says what is right about wrestling, he has respect for the fans and servicemen and women of his country whereas Orton is too busy harassing the new divas."

Havent heard about that, want to shed any light on that?

I think but not sure but any way i think Randy allegedly pulled some sort of rib on Amy Weber and spilt coke or some sort of drink on her which had left her upset and left the company but i dont know whether this is the one i herd she had a rib played on her but i didn't hear who by so i was assuming it was Randy but going back to the subject I really think Randy is an a** hole but i do think in my mind he is bitter now that Dave has taken his spot for main eventing now and he getting stuck in tag matches but there was no need to act like he did if the rib story was true and definatly no need to be an A** to the fans it's his problem, deal with it don't be an A** any way

DAVE BATISTA = CLASS ACT :worship

[EDITED]- Don't overuse the Smilies

Edited by Russ

ribbing happens all the time in wrestling though and frankly Mick Foley did worse to Al Snow (i'm thinking particularly of a suplex Bob Holly did on Al at a house show at Mick's request hehehe) and he never quit, but i also heard on here that Orton is frankly a man slut and takes pics of the women he's been with and shows them around the locker room, perhaps Amy Weber is in one of those pics

the story i heard about amy webber was when they were in tokyo someone (not sure who) put her photo on a flier advertising a lap dancing club and put them up around the city. she didnt take this rib very well and left soon after

Well that flier story is news to me, but I can believe it.

Personally I think it's kinda funny - if it had happened to me I would just laugh it off, but I guess she's got a different sense of humour. And she'll probably get a decent pay off from it.

I think Randy Orton is a knob anyway, he regards himself way too highly when, honestly, he's not really that great. I think he's just an insecure, immature little boy who constantly needs to be told that he is God's gift to the world...and as for taking pictures of the girls he's been with - what is he, like, 15?! Please! That's the most unmistakeably desperate attention seeking I've ever heard. But he was always in for a rude awakening. Fair enough if he wants to use his new found fame to get himself laid - more fool the girls who go for it - but to then broadcast it to the locker room and beyond is just childish, and promiscuity is not clever in the slightest anyway.

Big Dave though...what a guy! He's been growing on me since they started giving him more time on the mic, he's starting to really prove himself and this story is just testament to what a wonderful person he truly is. He deserves it.

I think it great that the WWE has brushed Orton's Marine desertion under the rug while bringing us Arab activist who, all though they only tell facts, are there for the fans to spit on, not the man who refused to serve his country AFTER he had made a commitment to it