*** Official Smackdown Thread - 3rd March 2005 ***

Kam

Preview

MARCH MADNESS

MARCH 3, 2005

SmackDown! arrives in Albany, New York, this week and WWE fans are still awaiting an answer from Kurt Angle regarding the challenge issued by RAW’s HBK for a match at WrestleMania 21.

Meanwhile, will John Cena continue to bother WWE Champion JBL as their showdown at WrestleMania is just a mere month away?

Plus, SmackDown! General Manager Theodore Long, bolstered by his vote of confidence from the WWE Board of Directors last week, told Carlito to show up to work early this week.

Could Long have something in store for his nemesis?

Also, will there be any fallout after Luther Reigns and Mark Jindrak traded blows after losing a Double Jeopardy Match to Undertaker last week.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"SmackDown! arrives in Albany, New York, this week and WWE fans are still awaiting an answer from Kurt Angle regarding the challenge issued by RAW’s HBK for a match at WrestleMania 21." ? What? we already know that Kurt Angle is facing Shawn Michaels at the grandaddy of Sports Entertainment, WrestleMania!, what's this "answer"?

*checks WWE.Com*

SmackDown! arrives in Albany, New York, this week with WWE fans just learning that Kurt Angle has accepted the challenge of Shawn Michaels to compete at WrestleMania 21.

Meanwhile, two major championship matches have been announced as WWE Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio & Eddie Guerrero will take on Luther Reigns & Mark Jindrak. Also, United States Champion John Cena will face JBL Chief of Staff Orlando Jordan.[/Quote]

^ that is edited!

Ohh, I get it! that preview at the top that Kam posted was before this week's RAW!

Chris2K's SmackDown! quick notes:

Again, Cena shows he can cut a perfectly good promo without rapping.

The Tag Title match was alright, but the aftermath was so obvious. Hilarious to see the complete lack of reaction for Jindrak.

Hopefully the Teddy/Carlito skits will be this good all the time, otherwise it'll get stale.

Booker T vs. Heidenreich was dull. Why they need to do the EXACT same angle as Snitsky/Shelton on RAW is ridiculous.

Michaels appearing as the cameraman was brilliant, even if he did look like a Village People reject. There is SERIOUS heat in this match.

Mixed Tag Match analysis:

Big Show: EXTREMELY obvious partner, I guessed as soon as the match was announced. The Big Tickler was hilarious.

Michelle: Could be good, but needs actual TRAINING.

Fifi: Looked nice.

Rene Dupree: Needs a push.

Dawn Marie: Looks old.

JBL really can cut an awesome heel promo, even if his genius-esque plans are as obvious as they come.

Show vs. Akebono? It could work, but the match would suck.

Chavo planting the seed for an Eddie/Rey feud is good news for everyone.

Cena vs. Jordan was what it was, far too many restholds for my liking. FANTASTIC to see Cena drop the belt, hopefully Jordan will bring the old title back.

Overall it wasn't a bad show, nothing glaringly awful.

Nice stuff Chris2K, I really liked Cena's promo, I'm not his biggest fan by a long way, but as was said, he doesn't need the rapping, and Cena proved it, I thought this was his best promo to date.

A Big Show/Akebono match would be horrible, plus how many people actually know who Akebono is in the west? He may be a sumo champion, but he sucks ass in MMA matches, and I'm sure he'd suck even more in a worked match.

I'm really starting to dislike Rey Mysterio alot! It may be due to the fact that Michael Cole thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread, "Rey Rey with an inverted 619, Rey's amazing!, I love you Rey"......Ahhhhhh shut up Cole!!!

It was one of the worst smackdowns ever! It is so face orientated its unbelievable' date=' E.G carlito being made fun of, Dupree being squashed, most of the faces getting over.[/quote']

So are you completely ignoring the HUGE heel reaction for the way the main event turned out?

So are you completely ignoring the HUGE heel reaction for the way the main event turned out?

That was the only time a heel got over on the whole show, and even then they wont be over for long as they are going to be squashed soon.

Smackowns faces arew consistently getting over.