Everton tell sponsers to do one

BRM

Last week television showed two people on the touchline at Goodison giving Rooney some abuse as he left the field after warming up.

They were representatives of Ellesmere Port Motor Auctions who were sponsors. Everton have said they won't be sponsoring any more. Well done EFC.

Yeah, the BBC showed footage of it before the game, and the idiots who did it were out of order. I think Rooney is incredibly over rated as a player, but he did well not to react to the situation. When you have 30,000 people booing you, there's not much you can do, but the temptation to punch the one guy who was giving him abuse and about a metre away from him on the pitch must have been intense.

Well done to Everton as well, for dumping the company the morons were representing. Hopefully the guys giving abuse lost their jobs over this incident.

Being an Everton fan myself, I can't understand the animosoty towards Wayne Rooney.

If I was offered a job with better pay and prospects, I would take it, yet I wouldn't expect my ex-employers to give me grief or a bad reference.

The so-called sponsors EPMA have caused trouble before at other Everton supporters meetings and social functions.

Back to Rooeny being overrated - I totally agree. Good player, however, so was Francis Jeffers.

And just a plea to the toffees out there - there must be someone - give Wayne a break. Although the majority of booing in the FA cup was purely 'banter', lets not forget waht he has given the club - A FUTURE.