Ranieri sacked by Valencia

BRM

Valencia have sacked manager Claudio Ranieri following their Uefa Cup defeat to Steaua Bucharest on Thursday night.

The Primera outfit called an emergency board meeting on Friday to discuss the Italian's future, and decided to end his second stint in charge of the club after just eight months.

Ranieri moved back to the Mestalla last summer, replacing Rafa Benitez, having himself been shown the door by Chelsea.

He invested heavily in new players, including four Italians, as he attempted to put his own mark on a squad which completed a Spanish league and Uefa Cup double last term.

However, under his charge the club have failed to hit the heights of last term, and have won just 15 of their 36 games in all competitions this campaign.

They have suffered a disastrous run of form that has seen them slip out of the Spanish title race altogether in recent weeks.

El hasta ahora entrenador del Valencia Club de Fútbol Claudio Ranieri, ha querido expresar su adiós a través de la página Web Oficial del Club en un mensaje para todos los valencianistas: “Lo primero que quiero decir es, lo siento. Entiendo que el fútbol es así y por tanto entiendo esta decisión. Quiero decir que vine al Valencia con todo el amor que le tengo a esta gran ciudad y a este gran club. Por eso es una lástima que haya acabado mi trabajo en el equipo, porque no solamente pensaba cumplir mi contrato, sino que tenía como objetivo acabar mi carrera aquí. Quiero agradecer al Club, al Presidente y a todos los que han trabajado conmigo, porque han puesto a mi disposición la plantilla que yo quería. También quiero agradecer el trabajo de todos mis jugadores porque han trabajado mucho y lo han intentado en todo momento pero no nos ha salido bien. Por último quiero mandar un fuerte abrazo a toda la afición, que sepan que yo siempre seré hincha del Valencia Club de Fútbol”.

Nobody loves him :(

Hopefully he will be able to eventully get a job back in England because the premier league is a better place with him.

Originally Posted by some spanish dude

El hasta ahora entrenador del Valencia Club de Fútbol Claudio Ranieri, ha querido expresar su adiós a través de la página Web Oficial del Club en un mensaje para todos los valencianistas: “Lo primero que quiero decir es, lo siento. Entiendo que el fútbol es así y por tanto entiendo esta decisión. Quiero decir que vine al Valencia con todo el amor que le tengo a esta gran ciudad y a este gran club. Por eso es una lástima que haya acabado mi trabajo en el equipo, porque no solamente pensaba cumplir mi contrato, sino que tenía como objetivo acabar mi carrera aquí. Quiero agradecer al Club, al Presidente y a todos los que han trabajado conmigo, porque han puesto a mi disposición la plantilla que yo quería. También quiero agradecer el trabajo de todos mis jugadores porque han trabajado mucho y lo han intentado en todo momento pero no nos ha salido bien. Por último quiero mandar un fuerte abrazo a toda la afición, que sepan que yo siempre seré hincha del Valencia Club de Fútbol”.

Originally translated badly by some fat linguist wannabe

The until now manager of Valencia Football Club, Claudio Ranieri, wanted to say his goodbyes through the official web page of the club in a message for all Valencia supporters. "The first thing I want to say is, I'm sorry. I understand that football is like this and as such I understand this decision. I want to say that I came to Valencia with all the love that I have for this great city and this great club. Because of that it is a pity to have finished my work with the team, because I thought not only to see out my contract, but I also aimed to finish my career here. I want to thank the club, the President and everyone who has worked with me, because they put at my disposal a squad of which I was very fond (literally 'loved' but that doesn't really come across the right way in translation). I also want to thank the work of all my players because they have worked very hard and they always tried but it didn't work out for us. Lastly I want to give a very special thanks to all the support (literally 'give a big hug' but that doesn't really work translating literally so you get the idea), who should know that I will always be a fan of Valencia Football Club."

I reckon that's pretty much it, but I'm a bit out of practice. I'm fairly sure though - it's a shame as he's a nice guy, but he had money to spend (even though pre-season rumours suggested Benítez wasn't going to get much money) and they have slumped a bit so it's to be expected unfortunately. Still, he took it with dignity and it looks like there are no hard feelings which is good. :)

ranieri lol hes a joke he couldnt win or even come close to winning a trophy at chelsea last season and he had abramofichs billions,however you have to feel sorry for the guy because no way could he live up to expectations of last season for valencia