Batista Contract Signing Gets RAW Highest Rated Segment In Months

PHIZZLE

Batista/Triple H angle pops big rating...

As reported earlier, RAW did a 4.0 rating this week off hours of 3.8 and 4.2. The real story, however, is that the overrun of the show which featured the Batista contract signing and his turn on Triple H, drew a strong 5.0 rating. The previous segment drew a 4.0. Not only did the segment cause a full ratings point jump, it was the highest rated RAW segment in months.

Elsewhere, the Shawn Michaels & Randy Orton vs. Edge & Christian tag match drew a 4.1 and 4.2 for its two segments.

Source: ?

Ah..the old overrun trick. WWE/F always do this. When they are trying to get someone over or likewise they release these overrun figures. Of course the ratings are gonna be bigger in the overun a) no one wants to miss the end and more importantly b) people are tuning in for the next program.

Ah..the old overrun trick. WWE/F always do this. When they are trying to get someone over or likewise they release these overrun figures. Of course the ratings are gonna be bigger in the overun a) no one wants to miss the end and more importantly b) people are tuning in for the next program.

Exactaly. More relevance than usual, of course, with the post-Raw Ultimate Fighter show having some of the biggest hype I've ever seen online surrounding it.

It's a good rating, that's for sure, but I have no doubt that the quality of UFC's reality show coming on immendiantly after Raw is spiking (excuse the pun) the ratings.

I have honestly never heard a crowd pop for Batista as they have since the days of Austin and Rock. The guy deserves it in my opinion, he has come a long way with his in ring work and his promos are getting better and better.

Its a shame that WWE realised his potential so late although he's not "old" old, unfortunatley he won't be around for a long time to put the WWE back to the way it was. I said Orton was the future, and maybe he still could be, but IMO theyve hit a fork in the road with him because of the early face push. Putting Orton back as heel asap could be the best way to go with him.

OVW is also looking strong at the moment, so things are looking up in the world of WWE, with the exception of Cena who I still believe is far too green to be where he is now - but this is the problem particularly on the Smackdown brand that there doesnt seem to be anyone who can step up and play ball in all aspects. Cena can only improve though, and I really hope he does. The few botched spots in his match with Kurt at No Way Out just proved this.

Cena who I still believe is far too green to be where he is now - but this is the problem particularly on the Smackdown brand that there doesnt seem to be anyone who can step up and play ball in all aspects. Cena can only improve though' date=' and I really hope he does. The few botched spots in his match with Kurt at No Way Out just proved this.[/quote']

Cena's matches for so long have been his few signature, nonsense moves and little else. If he'd spent more time wrestling Kurt Angle or other talented wrestlers, like when he debuted, rather than squashing nobodies as he has been doing then he would be a far better wrestler now.

I was delighted to see how well he did do against Angle - think back to when he's last wrestled someone even approaching that caliber. He is effectively showing a little ring rust, as although he's never left the ring he hasn't had to actually wrestle in it for a looooong time.

I'm glad that Batista is getting solid pops, but he's not a draw yet. As pointed out, The Ultimate Fighter deserves credit for pulling the RAW rating up. That show has basically been tipped as THE THING to watch on TV right now, so whilst Batista's contract signing was expected to do well, he didn't do it by himself and shouldn't be exhailed as such.

Yeah man gotta agree BAtista got a huge pop and i mean rightly so i got so excited waiting for the trigger to go off on this angle and both guys deserve credit for pulling it off to such an effect. it reminded me of old WCW when Kev Nash left nWO black and white and the pop he got when he finally powerbombed hogan was immence. Its sorta a mirror situation with this angle