Could Bischoff have saved WCW?

MartynJ

Could Bischoff have saved WCW?

I got idea for this question from the Monday night wars, when WCW were falling under Russo and they offered Bischoff his job back to try and get them back up there with WWE, and Bischoff offered to buy WCW off Ted Turner, (we all knew that he sold to vince instead) but if he had sold to Bischoff instead, do you think they would have still fallen or do you think Bischoff could have fixed the mess they were in and turned it around and brought the company back to number one in the ratings, or at least been toe to toe like they were, or do u think they would have gone bust anyway?

Bischoff running WCW (again)

WCW always had the stars and with Bischoff in charge it could have worked but you must remember he was the one who sacked Steve Williams who later became possiable the biggest wrestler ever as Stone Cold so decisions like that could have been costly if he'd taken over WCW.

The only reason Bischoff-led Fuscient (who had bought WCW until mere weeks before selling to McMahon) backed out is because they had no TV. If they had been able to retain a TV slot, Bischoff was planning to bring in guys like RVD and Cyrus and base WCW around Sean O'Haire. With the whole nWo saga dead, I think Bisch would have been forced to be inventive again, and I think he would have succeeded. WCW was starting to make a lot of new stars in it's final days and that would have been enough for the Bisch I think.

If Bischoff had managed to secure TV time for Nitro in the same Monday night slot opposite RAW, or even the same time but on Tuesday nights, and Russo was gone, I'm sure WCW would still be running today.

Bischoff made the mistake of not preparing for life after the nWo, and when the nWo started to die out, so did WCW.

Also, as has been stated many times before, the WCW suits were 9-5 guys, whereas Vince thinks wrestling 24/7. Bischoff would have needed to have guys on his team willing to put in overtime behind the scenes, he would have also needed the aformentioned TV time and he would have been in business, I'm sure.

I dont think WCW would have been on the scale it was, because he wouldnt have had Ted Turners cashflow behind him, so he may not have been able to retain guys like Hogan, Hall, Nash etc at that time, but who knows. I think if he did buy WCW, it would be running on a smaller scale, maybe that of TNA or a little bigger.

But, who knows. Sadly, we never got to find out and Vince buried WCW within a year.

• Like 1

I thnk he could have most defenitely sace WCW...The Monday night wars were some of the best publicity either show ever got, but I belive Eric Bischoff would have been a key factor of WCW stay around for a real long time..But when you have money like the Mcmahons who needs just one corporation take over the rest and thats exactly what shane was doing.Neither Shane Over Vince K. were like Vince Sr. he left everything alone and let the ratings tel him what was what.

I dont think he would have. For all the great things he did' date=' he also gave out stupid contracts to all the big guys, and got overrun by them, thus I doubt that would have been any different.[/quote']

If he bought it along with Fusient, he wouldnt have had Turners money backing him, thus he wouldnt have been able to give out big contracts, this is why I'd bet he would be able to keep it alive, just on a smaller, more TNA-esque scale.

It would have taken some time, but if Bischoff had the TV time which was so vital in the WCW last moments, then he could have something to save it. It was an absolute mess so it would have taken a few years at least to get back to any height at all. There was a lot of positives about WCW in 2000 and some PPV's were pretty good. Russo hurt it a lot even though he thinks he's a god of creative wrestling writing he is not.

when did rvd actually sign with wwe and in the final wcw days why didnt theysign some of the ecw talent and some of the lower wwe talent and without a doubt i think bishoff would of saved wcw and taken it back up to higher heights

tell u the truth i dont realy know i think ecw had something to do wiv wwe long before that, cant u remember when tazz was ecw champion and he come to smackdown and challenged HHH and even before that rvd showed up in wwe (i cant remember the dates but it was at least 98) and the storyline in ecw was everybody turning on rvd coz he was defecting to wwe but he wasent, i dont know when he actualy signed but wwe had plently of dealings wiv ecw long bfore the buy out

Any other time would have been fine

Look, as far as i see it, if nitro was on any other night than monday, WCW would of had a higher chance of survival. They wouldn't of had any competition and everyone would watch cause there is nothing of on tuesdays or wednesdays anyway. I think it could have worked if Bischoff was there or not. Although hes doing good on RAW!

Friday nights used to be great watchin wcw nitro on tnt then changing over to Raw,a whole nights entertainment watchin each promotion trying to outdo each other.Wcw always got through its lean periods before and im sure would`ve done again,vince sure needs a wcw to kick his rear into gear these days