Invasion aftermath question

Sparvid

I'm still fairly new to WWE, but there's one thing I can't find on the usual sites I check to get myself up to date: Immediately after the Survivor Series that ended WCW & ECW, storyline-wise what happened to the Alliance wrestlers? Did RVD, Booker T, Tommy Dreamer and co simply walk up to Vince and say "Sorry about that whole trying to run you out of business thing. You mind if we stay and wrestle on Raw?"

well when the invasion started Vince had already bought WCW and ECW out so he owned the companies any way which means he could choose any wrestlers he wanted to stay which means he had already chose the wrestlers he wanted to be involved in the invasion angle and he kepped the ones around he wanted which are still there now

I think he means storyline wise.

Of the people who had explanations:

Austin: WWF Champ

Angle: Was always in Team WWF, acted as the mole.

Christian: European Champ

Test: Won immunity for a year at SS 2001

RVD: Hardcore Champ

Dudleys: Tag Champs (also allowed Stacy in)

Regal: Kissed Vince's Ass (literally) on RAW

Storm: Finally allowed in after defeating The Rock (had previously lost to Big Show and Kane)

Booker T: Came in as a sort of personal bodyguard to Vince to attack Austin

Tazz: Had already turned on Heyman before Survivor Series

Stephanie: Had absolutely no reason to come back on TV, but naturally did anyway.

People like Hurricane, Dreamer, Molly, Jazz, Ivory, Stasiak, O'Haire, Jindrak, Rhyno, Kidman, Kanyon, Raven, Richards and the rest of the Alliance just came back on TV without anyone caring about their background.

not storywise he's sacked some and not renewed some contract, i think he's getting his own back on ppl like hall/hogan/nash for leaving him and trying to put him out of bussines by sacking them, pluss oher big name ppl, i think he'll get his own back on every star that turned on him in the end, im suprised bishoff there im sure vince will get his revenge on him at sometime in the future

IMO the invasion was the least predictible story line yet. not like now where it was obvious it would be Cena vs. JBL & Batista vs. HHH at wrestlemania. it was seen coming from a mile away. In november me and my friend were talking about Cena getting the WWE title soon. it's too predictible

Ahhh... who can ever forget the infamous Austin non-face turn.

What's worse is that the WWE got away with it as well. Grr.

The guy who JUST that same night before was trying to kill the company, and almost succeeded, gets popped the night after. Go figure.

"I still say that the Invasion storyline was the best WWE storyline of all time. Bar none.Not to mention it was one of the few times we had the distinct pleasure of watching and enjoying the WWE without having to be bothered with HHH"

So you just liked it because it didn't feature HHH? Either that or you liked it cause 99% of WCW/ECW talent was treated like cannon fodder?

I admit it started off great, but straight after the Invasion PPV, it became horrendous.

"I still say that the Invasion storyline was the best WWE storyline of all time. Bar none.Not to mention it was one of the few times we had the distinct pleasure of watching and enjoying the WWE without having to be bothered with HHH"

So you just liked it because it didn't feature HHH? Either that or you liked it cause 99% of WCW/ECW talent was treated like cannon fodder?

I admit it started off great, but straight after the Invasion PPV, it became horrendous.

Wrong ya roody-pooh!!! I liked the Invasion for many reasons.

1.The huge amount of talent that was in the WWE at one time

2.The storyline was indeed a stroke of genious

3.The WWE finally had more titles to spread around

4.The ratings were at their highest

5.There was no HHH around to hog Raw or Smackdown(Truly one of the best things about it)

The WCW/ECW roster wasnt treated totally like cannon fodder. Hell they should've been happy that they were in the WWE to showcase their talents in the first place. The Invasion was great all the way to the bitter end.Best storyline ever.

Ahh the invasion.....Vince could have made so so so so so so so much money if only the daft bugger would have booked it right. He basically had all the new WCW and ECW guys get annihalted and made a joke out of the WCW brand and name when really he could have used it to book some dream matches.

Instead of paying big money to make big money by brining in the big WCW stars like Goldberg he went with guess who in the first WCW raw main event...Buff Bagwell. It was inevitable that Goldberg would have joined anyway so why not get him for the start and make some dream matches.

Every wrestling fan would have loved to have seen a real WCW v WWF contest but instead Vince turned it into another on screen family fued.

A true WCW v WWF PPV would have drawn so much money it would have been unreal. Image the matches they could have had on it...Goldberg v Austin for one would have sold out any arena anywhere in the world.

I still say that the Invasion storyline was the best WWE storyline of all time. Bar none.Not to mention it was one of the few times we had the distinct pleasure of watching and enjoying the WWE without having to be bothered with HHH. :devil

What? Thats crazy! Read the last chapter of 'The Death of wcw' and read my above post. The angle was horrid. It was booked so badly it was unreal. Having it turn into a vinny mac family fued? Having the WWF guys 'join' the other side. terrible

What? Thats crazy! Read the last chapter of 'The Death of wcw' and read my above post. The angle was horrid. It was booked so badly it was unreal. Having it turn into a vinny mac family fued? Having the WWF guys 'join' the other side. terrible

I agree that the storyline wasnt perfect but it was stilll the best storyline the WWE ever came up with. Making it into a family feud indeed watered things down. But overall outside the pros and cons of the Invasion it was still a joy to see that much talent around the WWE at one time.

Plus what did you expect? Did you actually think they were going to have the WWE lose? Of course Vince was going to eventually treat the WCW/ECW guys like crap. Yes the booking could've been better. But overall the Invasion angle was still a great event.

Lol did you watch the same invasion angle as everyone else? How can you say that WCW/ECW guys weren't treated like cannon fodder? They lost nearly every match, and were treated like jobbers. Showcase their talent? What did you think they'd been doing on WCW and ECW TV?

And as for your reasons

1. Loads of talent was wasted, that's all that happened

2. If you think that jobbing out loads of WCW/ECW guys was genius, then having WWE pound them within 4 months, in a storyline which could have lasted years, then clearly you haven't got a clue about a decent feud

3. More titles yeah, more titles to be lost and not given a crap about

4. Ratings were not at their highest, they were higher just a year before

5. And no HHH around, has absolutely nothing to do with the actual invasion angle

As I said it started off great, then became horrendous, and just a Vince ego trip. All I can say is I'm glad you don't book WWE, because they'd go under within months, as you haven't got a clue about booking.

i think it was very predictible. WCW/ECW been the heels, win the first battle then go lose the war. Vince could have at least signed some better stars from WCW/ECW. espcially a lot of the WCW Cruiserweights. can't believe guys like Juvetued Gerrroro, Psicosis, Lash LeRoux, etc didn't make it in. the cruiserweight division was far stronger than the WWF's old Lightheavyweight division at the time, mostly becuase there was no Gillberg for starters. at least Rey Mysterio is getting the attention he deserves.

my main problem is they made a lot of the WCW/ECW guys look like total wimps and not the great athletes they actually were. Tommy Dreamer a tea boy? pfft... at least RVD and Jeff Hardy could now get it on, a match i had been waiting for for a while.