Cancerous Food! Have you had it?

Spiritchaser

:xyx

Hey Folks,

I have just read up about the food that has Sudan 1 food colourant in it and there are over 400 items now which contain this potentially deadly chemical.

My question is have you had any and do you think that the tampering with food has now gone beyond a joke.

I'm very fortunate that the food I buy is always fresh because I can't eat microwaved food(which most of the stuff is on the list) because I goes through me like a Lambourgini, so I cannot stomach it, but for me after the foot and mouth thing, when they were feeding cow brains to cows????? :?

The tampering of foodstuffs should have been completely eradicated, it has disturbed me now that this has arisen and makes me wonder what on Earth is being passed of as food in the day and age.

It is becoming like "Soylent Green" for the film fans amongst us, or "Make Room, Make Room!" for the book worms.

Will this make you more aware of what you are eating, especially if when you are drunk you could eat the fridge door with butter on it, or even from the hotdog vendors who pee on their hands to keep them warm and you can't tell the difference between pee and brine.

Spiritchaser

Eats Fresh :thumbsup

Thats my point Inno, who are the *******s that are in charge of our edibles?

We need to riot in the streets in order for anything to get done in this country.

The utter gall of these people, annoys me to my core, in the words of Rutger Hauer in "Wanted: Dead or Alive" "The next time you decide to screw me, kiss me first."

After all it is only good manners.

Spiritchaser

Not Sick

I had just finished eating my Chilli Con Carne when I headed up to listen to Talksport where I heard about this last Friday, the talk of it being in Chilli Powder at the time. Shrugged that one off then Saturday/Sunday (one of the two) I had just eaten my cheese on Toast with Worchester sauce, then see on the news that that particular variety was on the hitlist too (why my mother purchased Crosse and Blackwell over Lea and Perrins is beyond me.) Always living life on the edge me.
  • Heart 1

Most risks in this life are tiny, and the line between life and death is eternally miniscule, but the problem I have with it all is the fact that they are putting this crap into our food and we are swallowing it down without thought.

It is crap and if they came up and crapped on our plates we would not be very happy would we, so why put up with it, because it looks and smells tasty?

John Lennon was correct about so many things.

Spiritchaser

Peasants

• Heart 1

If they'd done the proper tests, like they do elsewhere in Europe (the Italians had to find this one out on our behalf) this wouldn't happen, but much like the public transport system, our answer is to cut corners and do it on the cheap, meaning that when something requiring any detail or some deviation from the blindingly obvious comes, we've no answer. The risk is small to the extent that we probably shouldn't worry about it in itself, personally being at home just now I've been eating well anyway rather than having a lot of microwaved foods, but even so from what's been reported it doesn't sound like everyone should expect cancer from one thing affected by it.

This country is just so half-assed sometimes. Singing the Kyoto agreement then telling us that the way to do it is if we don't fill the kettle and switch off the lights, rather than them finding other ways of powering our electricity supplies and cars than using fossil fuels and pollutants. We've all been given the kettle and lights lectures before anyway so it can't make a huge difference because people have made up their mind by now whether they're doing it or not. We should also use public transport more, but the answer isn't to make public transport better, it's to make driving more expensive and fining more motorists. If we had public transport systems up there with Spain, Germany and Portugal for instance, we'd not choose to drive because it would be easier to use public transport. Instead people have to drive if they work in industrial estates or business parks because it's the only way to get there, public transport is ridiculously expensive if you just want a couple of hours shopping a few miles away and you can't trust buses or trains to turn up these days. Buses sometimes just don't bother, especially if you're pushed for time, plus they're almost always late, while trains get cancelled all over the place and are often late as well, not helped by the fact that they have to slow so much because the actual rails and tracks are damaged because while Europe built strong rail systems, we used cheap metals, which is why in summer the lines crack in case anyone was wondering. That and the fact that maintenance isn't exactly always well observed and it's no wonder we're in such a state. Now we can't even eat.

It's not like everywhere else is perfect, they certainly have their problems, but things like transport and food are just so avoidable but since we're so short-sighted and things get done on the cheap, while we charge more than most other countries for the use of those things, that's how it has to be.

Even now, we're told to trust individual retailers to withdraw their foods. I'm sure the supermarkets will do it, but there must be plenty of local small businesses whose shops will just take the contaminated food off the shelves for a couple of hours and then put the exact same foods back up again to make it look like they've done something, if they even go to that much effort to seem like they've done something about it. It's as well the risk is small, because if it wasn't, we'd all be on our own to handle it for ourselves, whilst not knowing the full extent of it or the best way to deal with it.

Edited by MillionLiraMan
  • Heart 1