Undertaker

RKODESTINY

I feel as though the UNdertakers quiting time is coming..I feel like he is not getting the same prompts and what not that he used to..Hee may finally be getting out of this business..He has not got his title shots anymore..And everytime he does he gets screwe and then forgets about it..

When the Undertaker finally does pack it up it will truly be one of the biggest losses in the WWE. Nobody can deny since the early 90's the Undertaker has been one of the impact players on the WWE's roster. Right up there with Stone Cold,The Rock,HBK,and so many others that helped make Raw and Smackdown a success over the years.

From the Punisher to Mean Mark to The Undertaker the man Mark Callaway indeed has left his mark on the sport of Pro Wrestling. His presence indeed will be missed. :worship

My question on the whole thing is where will he go next?

GM? Road Agent? Home?

Taker is the most respected performer they have at the moment and Vince McMahon has said numerous times that the longer they can keep him active, the better it is for the guys learning from him in the back.

After he wins his 13th Mania match, I think he will return to being the BadAss and go on a losing streak until he retires at No Way Out 2006 after winning his fifth title and retiring then, thus setting up a round robin competition which will be settled at Mania 22.

That is the way I can see, though anything can happen in the WWE.

Spiritchaser

Needs Taker to be given dignity

Takers run is coming to an end, and I for one am happy about it. He has had a great run, and his character evolution has been the best of any other performer ever, bar none. Nobody thought this character would last more than a couple years when it debuted, I bet, and here we are, 15 years later and its still on top.

However, since returning at WMXX, it has been crap. The old school Taker, which we all wanted back so badly, no longer fits in WWE. It looks old hat, totally out of place and dated, plus with his nagging injuries and age, he is looking bad in the ring too.

I think Taker needs to call it a career before he goes the way of Ric Flair, a huge legend, now reduced to being a squash boy and baggage handler for HHH, its pathetic to see it.

Taker deserves to keep his undefeated WM streak, but this needs to be his last ride, no pun intended. Its time to wrap it up and move on, stay at home with his gorgeous young wife and baby daughter.

I agree with Beltey, except if he does lose at WM, as I have said many times before, I want him to lose to Orton in a Legend vs Legend Killer match, turning Randy heel, and giving him a rub that no other performer can give him. A win over 'Taker at WM. He could cut promos along the lines of who failed to do that at WM (HHH included) and go on to be a fantastic heel, better than he was before.

I agree with Beltey' date=' except if he does lose at WM, as I have said many times before, I want him to lose to Orton in a Legend vs Legend Killer match, turning Randy heel, and giving him a rub that no other performer can give him. A win over 'Taker at WM. He could cut promos along the lines of who failed to do that at WM (HHH included) and go on to be a fantastic heel, better than he was before.[/quote']

I am hoping for this match up as well. RKO's face turn was bungled, but if they do a decent enough heel turn again I'll forgive them! :)

I say give Taker the belt, let him hold it for a few months, defeating all comers, then retire at Survivior Series, where he debuted all those years ago. Still undefeated, he leaves the belt in the ring and walks away...

• Like 1

I say give Taker the belt' date=' let him hold it for a few months, defeating all comers, then retire at Survivior Series, where he debuted all those years ago. Still undefeated, he leaves the belt in the ring and walks away...[/quote']

Brett that idea gave me goosebumps and if that were happen, I would be the happiest Taker mark alive. He still needs to go 13-0 at Manias though.

Spiritchaser

Blinded by Tears :thumbsup

• Like 1

My very very quick opinion the career of the dead man.....

For me there is no question that the Undertaker is a legend. He came into the WWF and was an immedaite smash fueding with Hogan and even being given the Title within a year. He became one of the biggest Heels and had a memorable fued with Jake Roberts. When Undertaker turned face he was still one of the most over guys in the company. He made his legendary entrance at Summerslam 1992 at Wembly Stadium on the back of a hearse in an image that sticks with whoever has seen it.

However, he has been in many stupid fueds that have failed to produce any matches of even 3-star quality. Whilst the Kama fued was interesting it sucked in the ring, and the likes of the Underfaker and Kamala fueds are easily fogettable. He went through a period where they didnt really know what to do with him and he ended up eventually getting back to the top of the tree, headling WM when he beat Sid for the gold. The ending celebration is perhaps the most memorable one moment in Takers career.

His title run came and went and then it came. The fued he is likely to be most remebered for and one that was booked so well it was as if it was a different federation. Undertaker and Kane. When he arrived ripping the cage of the cell every wrestling fan watching must have known something big was to come of this. It would have been easy for WWF bookers to go for the immeadite pay off booking them in a match at a measly IYH PPV, but no......they booked it superbly. They waited and waited and waited. Taker refused to fight whilst Kane becaame a massive Heel destroying such fan favourites as Vader. Then the time came and where better to have them go one on one than at the superb WM14. It was billed almost as a double main event - kane v undertaker and austin v HBK. This fued is an example of perfect booking. Build...and build...and build...and build and then give the fans the match they all crave.

After a while Taker was back to being a Heel and in another great fued had many many matches with Austin which were all superb. He was the top Heel for a long time, at least 1-2 years until HHH took his place. Who will ever forget the austin fued. the moment Taker was about to marry Stephanie Mchmahon (not then a big charcter on WWF TV, simply the bosses daughter). Austin saved in a memorable RAW. The corporate ministry did drag a bit towards the end but was a good run.

Taker then went on to do nothing of greatness in the next few years but the fans still loved him. A string of terrible matches with people like Hogan ensued and only a great fued with Brock Lesnar stopped 2002 being a terrible year for the dead man. Again 2003 saw him fueding with big show which was decent at times.

Then came WM20. A huge majority of the internet talk before the event wasnt about the triple threat title match, wasnt about brock and goldberg leaving. it was about Undertakers return to the old school. 6 years since his first match with Kane at WM and he was back again. The same gimmick for taker, the same event.

Taker has made several comebacks in his career and gets huge pops every time he makes an entrance. He's reformed himself from the original Dark Taker.....to the more humane good taker.....back to an even darker, more evil taker......to an american bad ass....and now to what he is today.

One thing. I think he is really risking tarnishing what has been a great career. He put on some nice matches with JBL but 2005 hasnt been a good year for him thus far after one of the worst PPV matches of his career against Heindrich. Taker cant carry matches like he used to...he needs a good oppopnent these days.Undeafted at Mania will likely to continue this year but I hope that he bows out soon...while he is still on top.

Brett that idea gave me goosebumps and if that were happen, I would be the happiest Taker mark alive. He still needs to go 13-0 at Manias though.

Spiritchaser

Blinded by Tears :thumbsup

Can you imagine it?

For once we all know that this is the last match of a legend. It is hyped as such and WWE keep their promise.

That last pause at the top of the ramp, a look back and a fist in the air... and you would never hear a crowd pop like that again.

:worship

Just thought - 13-0 at Mania has a certain ring to it - "lucky for some"?

I just thought about Taker walking up the ramp that one last time and putting his fist in the air, and two things happened to me. One, I got goosebumps adn vividly imagined myself standing up and cheering in my house for him and two I had tears come to my eyes. There never will be another superstar like Taker, nor will there be any gimmick that is loved for so long. I really do hate to see him go, but I just hope he does it before he starts to tarnish the legacy of destruction and mayhem he's left behind.

im a big taker fan, becoz he's been loyal to vince for all these years they should give him the belt 1 more time bfore he retires, and if he does face orton, i hope he kicks jis ass, and tells him your not killing my legend, let him retire wiv respect

Ok I just thought of something else that would be good. Taker fights Orton and its a phenominal match. Taker wins, picks up Orton to symbolize a "passing of the torch" and then the whole walking up the ramp thing happens. Either that or I want to see Taker defend the title and give it to Orton, or someone else worthy that he defeats. That would be amazing.
  • Like 1

I just thought about Taker walking up the ramp that one last time and putting his fist in the air' date=' and two things happened to me. One, I got goosebumps adn vividly imagined myself standing up and cheering in my house for him and two I had tears come to my eyes. There never will be another superstar like Taker, nor will there be any gimmick that is loved for so long. I really do hate to see him go, but I just hope he does it before he starts to tarnish the legacy of destruction and mayhem he's left behind.[/quote']

Amen to that, Dante.

(Also glad to know I'm not the only one who gets all emotional at Taker leaving. We love our wrestling so much! :bawl)

• Like 1

Amen to that, Dante.

(Also glad to know I'm not the only one who gets all emotional at Taker leaving. We love our wrestling so much! :bawl)

yep me too im bigesst taker fan and ill will be well pissed to see him leave, instead of him retireing in a crappy style let ,him retire with respect with the wwe championship belt he desverves it, it could then start off with a tounement at the next ppv like they did at mania4 for the new championship.

at least then he'd be going out in stlye,and like the others have gone

• Like 1

hogan would just get groans if he had another match... he needs to retire before he damages his rep even more

I think its too late for that. Hogan crapped on his legacy when he went back to the feathered boas and wearing the red and yellow colors again. Plus after Jeff Jarrett sandblasted him with a guitar in the face in TNA a little over a year ago I think its safe to say that Hogan needs to walk away while he can. Before he ends up like Ric Flair.(And Flair is pushing 57 years old and still taking bumps in the ring)

Glad to see Undertaker is getting some respect in this topic. For a number of years all i've read on the net and in wrestling mags are negative comments about 'taker. It's totally not deserved, He sells when necessary, trains guys in the back, passes the torch in the ring so to speak from time to time, his in ring abilities are very good especially compared to when he first started.

OK some of his matches against the likes of fake Undertaker and Yokozuna and Giant Gonzalez weren't the best the atmosphere and build up to them were amazing, especially for me who was early-mid teens at the time.

I think Taker should have one last title run and he can't retire until he performs in Manchester's MEN arena when I'm there as I've never seen him at a live show!

The deadman is one of my all time favs and i still consider his blistering 1996/7 fued with mankind was the most brutal and best the wwe has ever seen. He is a true credit to the sport and will always be remeberd as the concince of the lockeroom and the loyalist performer ever. This is a guy that has had big beef with vince but unlike others (hogan,bret) he didnt go do a shoot or leave the company that made him. I strongly believes he deserves another title run and the idea of having him be the immortal undifeated champ would be amazing. I have also heard fueling rumours of the Legend VS Legend Killer match and root for it cos this sour orton face run needs to end and he should go heel again and have an amazing match with taker at WM21. As for an earlier question of what taker shud do afterwards. Id get a kick of him being a more than badass GM. Hed take no Crap

i dont want to think about this bloody absolutely legendary human being retiring i wont be able to watch it hes been my fave since i was 10 hes a bloody legend and should keep his mania record and i believe should get one more title reign he deserves it

but i hope he doesnt come back as ric flair type telling everyone that some younger guy is the best wrestler ever cos no one will ever be better than taker