The names Batitsa will join if he is given the belt...

Guest Fully

and boy does he look out of place!!!

Lou Thesz

Harley Race

Terry Funk

Dusty Rhodes

Ric Flair

Kerry Von Erich

Ricky Steamboat

Barry Windham

Lex Luger

Vader

Hulk Hogan

Randy Savage

Sting

Please dont give Batitsa the belt.....

Yes but Luger getting the belt meant something. He was pretty crap in the ring, but he could work matches well despite his lack of moves. He was so over in WCW from about 89 onwards and even though WCW lost all overness and heat he ever had for him he should still be mentioned on the list I think

Actually the belt H holds is not the same one held by all those greats.

Batista would be joining the likes of

Triple H

Shawn Michaels

Triple H

Goldberg

Triple H

Chris Benoit

Randy Orton

And Triple H

Its the same title.....It means the same thing

No its not the same title, there is absolutely no lineage with the WCW big gold and the WWE World Title. In fact Fully if you want to be picky, here are some names you left off of your original list, suddenly Batista doesn't look so out of place:

Diamond Dallas Page

Jeff Jarrett

David Arquette

Kevin Nash

Booker T

Scott Steiner

Vince Russo

hell they also stripped Sid twice in 3 days back in 2000! So really the WCW title had no real value at times. Cheers to obsessed with wrestling.

My sentiments exactly WWFBeltMark. Yes Batista will join a small list of great wrestlers thats held the WWE's version of the World title. But to be honest nobody other than Chris Benoit has brought any credibility to the championship. Batista indeed is one of the few guys that could indeed change all that. HHH basically crapped on the belts credibility the moment Bischoff simply"gave" it to him on Raw.

Yes, it will be nice to finally have a legit"monster" as a World champion again. But for the love of God let Batista have a very long and lengthy title reign. At least until the next Wrestlemania. Who was the last champion to ever have a title reign to last for a year? "Macho Man" Randy Savage from Wrestlemania 4 to Wrestlemania 5. Yes, its been that long! Its time for a change. Big Dave deserves a long lengthy title reign. That indeed would be BEST for the business. :xyx

I dont care what people say, I always consider that title the WCW title, which WWE acquired when they killed WCW, and simply changed the name of. But whatever.

Anyhow, Batista won't look out of place at all considering as Beltmark said, Luger was there. Hell we've seen JBL as World champion of a show, it doesnt get any worse than that.

Lou Thesz

Harley Race

Terry Funk

Dusty Rhodes

Ric Flair

Kerry Von Erich

Ricky Steamboat

Barry Windham

Lex Luger

Vader

Hulk Hogan

Randy Savage

Sting

This has to be a joke right? You cant even compare the names on this list to anybody in the WWE. Yes the World title on Raw resembles the old NWA/WCW title. But that is as far as it goes. Please dont give Batista the belt? Please smack yourself in the head with a hammer Fully. What do you want? Another long HHH title run? :roll This guy truly has no clue.

This has to be a joke right? You cant even compare the names on this list to anybody in the WWE. Yes the World title on Raw resembles the old NWA/WCW title. But that is as far as it goes. Please dont give Batista the belt? Please smack yourself in the head with a hammer Fully. What do you want? Another long HHH title run? :roll This guy truly has no clue.

Its called an opinion Franchise. Most of your posts annoy me, like this one, but do I 'flame' you? No.

At least Fully can come up with his own opinions.......

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1

Lou Thesz

Harley Race

Terry Funk

Dusty Rhodes

Ric Flair

Kerry Von Erich

Ricky Steamboat

Barry Windham

Lex Luger

Vader

Hulk Hogan

Randy Savage

Sting

Pardon my ignorance but did Kerry Von Erich or Lou Thesz hold the WCW title? Not as far as I'm aware ( and please correct me if I'm wrong ). The holders you have named from Luger upwards (I think) were holders of the NWA world title and isn't that the strap around Jeff Jarrett's waist atm?

And for the record, I think they have to put the title on Batista at WM after all the build-up, otherwise it's just another HHH exercise in putting people in their place :?

I would consider it to be the same as the old World Heavyweight Championship as it looks excactly like it and therefore is it. Luger was attrotious alright, but I think Batista has to take it from HHH as the whole world has to bored rigid with him by now. Lets hope they don't start a Batista/Chris Masters fued for the world title. Then we are in trouble.

How people can consider it the same title as the WCW belt just because they use a belt of the same design makes zero sense. Its not the same title, simple as that.

As for Harley and KVE, they indeed held the old NWA title, not the WCW title. The problem is that people think the NWA became WCW, and thats not even close to being the truth.

The NWA was never a promotion, it was never like the WWF or WCW, it was a group, a board of directors, and it was made up of many territories who paid membership to be in the NWA. The main member and biggest promotion which was part of the NWA, was JCP (Jim Crockett Promotions). When Jim Crockett started losing alot of money, he sold JCP to Ted Turner in 1989 who renamed JCP, WCW. WCW still had their membership in the NWA until 1991. They continued to call the WCW belt the NWA title. (This is why Flair kept the belt when he went to the WWF in 1991, because the NWA wouldnt give him his money back he put down to hold the belt, which all NWA champions had to do at that time, it had nothing to do with WCW).

In 1991, WCW didnt renew their NWA membership and thats when the NWA really became a small time, non important promotion. Sure, they had all the history, but it didnt mean anything because they werent drawing squat.

The NWA belt that Jarrett holds right now is the belt held by Flair, Race etc up until 1991, and they reverted back to the old school 'Domed Globe' belt when WCW pulled out of the NWA and kept the big gold. TNA, being the biggest and most well known NWA member, noe has control of who holds the NWA title, whereas it always used to be upto the NWA board of directors to decide title changes etc...

Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

The NWA belt that Jarrett holds right now is the belt held by Flair, Race etc up until 1991, and they reverted back to the old school 'Domed Globe' belt when WCW pulled out of the NWA and kept the big gold. TNA, being the biggest and most well known NWA member, noe has control of who holds the NWA title, whereas it always used to be upto the NWA board of directors to decide title changes etc...

Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

That's what I said earlier...........sorta ;)

Some of you seem to have got my thread wrong here.....its not a pro-Batitsta point...its a very very anti-batista point

I think we get what you're saying Fully, in your opinion Batista is not worthy of his shot at what you see as the world title held previously by the names you mentioned.

What were saying (or at least I'm saying) is that its not the same title you described. The title held by most of the guys on your list is now held by Jeff Jarrett (the NWA title). The title that could be held by Big Dave after Wrestlemania is the WWE world heavyweight championship, held previously by HHH, Shawn Michaels, Hollywood Hogan, Undertaker, The Rock, Brock Lesnar (did I miss anyone?) etc. It was introduced as the world title after Brock Lesnar went off to be exclusive to Smackdown with the Undisputed Title.

batista is the man and whether he gets the gold or not at wrestlemania, he is the most over guy in the business at the minute and wwe look to be making big plans for, i hope he does win at wrestlemania but if he dosnt he will get the gold soon enough.

p.s - i went nuts at the contract signing!! havnt marked out like that in about 2 years