Erm........

Guest Fully

Having been a fan of wrestling for 15 years and seen every wrestlemania, (everyone since wm 8 Ive watched live) this years main even just seems shockingly weak.

HHH v Batista

Doesnt really compare to the past days in any sense. Hogan and Piper going into WM1 was the hottest thing in wrestling, Hogan Andre was the most anticapted match of the century to many people, Hogan Savage was build up for years, Face v Face in Hogan v Warrior, Flair v Savage and Hogans last match, Bret against the seemingly unbeatable Yokozuna, Bret v HBK, HBK v Austin, Austin v Rock and even some of the last 5 years have been more anticpated than this.

Even in the weakest main events of WM past - Sid v Taker, Hogan v Slaughter the heat and anticipation going in has been much higher.

You always like to think going into Mania that the main event could be a classic. It came bloody close last year, and may even go down as a great Mania match, but this year theres no real anticipation for me or nayone I know about HHH v Batista.

Yes SD have thier main event but this is the show concluder. This is the match in the slot of the year.

Its wierd going onto WM.com and seeing HHH v Batista billed as the main attraction.

Will the match reamin or fingers crossed, we'll go triple threat?> Even triple threat wont be a major main event but at least it will be better than what we have

Wrestlemania looks like its going to be just another PPV this year, whereas in the years before they have made it seem that bit extra special. It woldnt surprise me if they pull out all the stops to get people like Austin, Rock, Foley etc to return, jsut to give it the star power is badly lacks at the moment

If Angle vs HBK comes to fruition, that will be the main event to me, I could care less about the totally pathetic John Cena having a match with JBL. HHH vs Batista will be ok, but certainly not a WM main event. They may as well add Randy Orton in there as he is doing nothing as of right now.

Bring back Hogan for a match, too. Yeah he is old and broken down, but who cares, he owns WM and never fails to perform well at WM and has heat plus people care about him when he comes out. Somebody has gotta pop the crown, this is WM!

At this rate, its gonna be worse than WM11 which was a meteoric bore.

HBK v Angle is gonna be the main draw for me as well.

As for Hogan, I wouldnt want to see him back. His matches in his last WWE run stank and you know he wouldnt go down clean for anyone. After finding out over the lst few years what Hogan was really like behind the curtain Ive lost a lot of respect for him as a person. Still he is Wrestlemaina isnt he? If i was watching mania and heard the 'Dun dun dun dun do da dun da.....He comes crashing down and it hurts inside' I would get exicted but If i heard the hendrix riff I wouldnt. I wanna see Hulk Hogan one last time, not hollywood hogan. Get the rights to the name back and then make him have one last showing

Why does everyone want to see Hogan again!!!!! He was a legend yes. He dragged wrestling foward yes. But he also helped destroy WCW by being a dick head and he hasnt had a good match in a long long time. If we hadnt have seen him in the WWF/E since his inital deaprture (around kotr 1993) then fair enough but he's been back and quite frankly Ive had enough of hollywood hogan. the only hogan id even remotely like to see back is the yellow man

Why does everyone want to see Hogan again!!!!! He was a legend yes. He dragged wrestling foward yes. But he also helped destroy WCW by being a dick head and he hasnt had a good match in a long long time. If we hadnt have seen him in the WWF/E since his inital deaprture (around kotr 1993) then fair enough but he's been back and quite frankly Ive had enough of hollywood hogan. the only hogan id even remotely like to see back is the yellow man

Come on he did have some decent outings in 2002/2003 and he never fails to put on a good show at WM. An appearance at WM21 would be great, and he is over more than anybody else in history.

WrestleMania isnt about good wrestling matches, its about spectacles and memories, and Hogan provides both for alot of people.

I hate Bret Hart, but I'd love to see him at WM21. WM is the biggest event of the year, and the people who made WM should be there.

To be honest, I agree about the whole "is that it" idea. I thought it last year as well, and thankfully ended up being wrong with regards to the main event. The PPV was still reasonably mediocre for a WM.

Problem was WWE tried to go with Orton v HHH for Wrestlemania, and we all knew (predicted countless times) that it couldnt be dragged out that long. They really did miss the boat with that feud... if they hadnt turned Orton face so quickly, Orton v HHH could have been a decent main event.

Fact is, as much as I love Big Dave and want him to win at Wrestlemania, this is not going to be one for the ages. I hope its a good match, but unfortunately HHH is no Hulk Hogan/Rock and so nobody is going to remember this years Wrestlemania Main event when it stands against stuff like Warrior v Hogan, Hogan v Andre etc.

But that doesnt mean it wont be a good WrestleMania. Hell, Brock v Angle wasnt exactly the main event to end all main events but it was still a brilliant match to top off an otherwise strong Wrestlemania.

So who knows. Maybe it'll be good. But they screwed up with the Orton v HHH thing, which would have been more logical had they not blown it.

Four big time brawlers fighting for the richest prize in sports entertainment. Both main events for the World & WWE championships indeed arent the most anticipated matchups like in the past. But no one should be surprised by this. I mean for the last year the WWE has made some of the worst decisions on both Smackdown and Raw.

No real candidates for Match of the year. No real water cooler excitement to talk about on either show. Yes its great that Cena and Batista are finally in the world title picture. But overall both shows truly has so many holes and gaps in terms of quality and quantity I have no clue how this can be stretched to a 3 hour event.

$50 dollars for what? 3 out of a bunch of worthless wrestling matches that may be good? And I thought the price of Sony's PSP was outrageous.

I agree Wyn up until the point where they had Dave listening in on the conversation between Ric and Hunter. I thought it would have been better to have Dave almost signing for Smackdown and then have Eric play the above conversation on the Titantron. But hey, I'm still looking forward to seeing HHH vs Big Dave at WM21 :)

Taker Vs Sid was my favourite Main Event at any Mania, I waited 10 frickin years for it.

As for Batista Vs HCubed, I still think that Batista will be involved in some way with both brands titles at Mania.

I think they may try to re unify the titles at Mania?

Call me what you will, but I just gotta hunch on this one, if I'm right watch me gloat, if not then a wet fish will be forced up my left nostril, or something of that ilk.

Spiritchaser

Erm.............Yehawwwww

WM9 wasnt that bad! Yes it was a ridiculous setting, and yes the them of having all the staff dressed in roman clothes was a bit laughable but there were some 'Wrestlemania moments' to be had...

Im not saying it was a good PPV, it is possibly the worst Mania to date but I was about 8 at the time so I really enjoyed it then, and having watched it on video recently, as a 19 year old there is still a lot to be had from it. Who will ever forget the conclusion to the main event. As annoying as it is now, knowing about what Hogan is like behind the scenes with his bloody creative control, it is still exciting. Undertaker being smothered by Gonzalez is an image forever in my mind too.

Ill do a review of the PPV in the product zone....Myabe it was the worst Mania but it still had something to commend it

WMIX wasnt even close to being the worst.

WMXI was utter ****, the worst EVER. WM1 and 2 both sucked too, apart from the cage match main event of WM2. And yes, I think the Bulldogs WM2 match sucked.

WMIV was ok, title tourney had a memorable ending, but nothing else.

WMXII sucked ass. The Iron match match main event was the worst Iron Man match I have ever seen.

Overall, WMXI was the worst ever, bar none, IMO.

I still hate everything about WM9. It's the only Mania where I didn't enjoy the matches, and my favourite moment of it all was Bobby Heenan (because let's face it, Heenan is one of the most entertaining wrestling personalities ever) coming out backwards. Typical Brain. Wrestlemania 11 wasn't that bad to me, and if I remember, wasn't it Bigelow/Taylor? Which wasn't all that bad a match if I remember.

Overall' date=' WMXI was the worst ever, bar none, IMO.[/quote']

Amen. It was absolutely dire, and I'm ashamed that my younger brother bought it on tape and it sits there as the Worst PPV in my collection of WWF events.

Pure, unadulterated absolute ****, that Wrestlemania was. It actually hurts my brain to even try and remember that event.

For me, the ones I enjoyed were 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 15, 17, 19, 20. Hopefully 21 can join that list.

But dearie me, it'd have to be goddamn awful this year to come anywhere near XI.

WrestleMania 11 had at least a few good matches on it (Diesel v Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart v Bob Backlund spring to mind, and Lawrence Taylor v Bam Bam was surprisingly decent too). Wresltemania 9 on the other hand, had no good matches on it at all, and the lamest Wrestlemania finish ever, so that gets my vote as the worst ever.
  • Like 1

Royal Rumble 2004:

Brock Vs Holly

HHH Vs HBK

Wrestlemania 20:

Eddie Vs Angle

HHH Vs HBK Vs Benoit

Summerslam 2004:

JBL Vs Taker

Benoit Vs Orton

Survivor Series 2004:

JBL Vs Booker

HHH/Edge/Batista/Snitzky Vs Orton/Benoit/Y2J/Maven

Royal Rumble 2005:

JBL Vs Angle Vs Show

HHH Vs Orton

At the last five joint PPVs listed, the Smackdown main event has always come first in the program order with the Raw main event normally finishing the show (apart from the Royal Rumble). So its might probably be safe to say WWE will have Batista Vs HHH as the MAIN main event at WM21, with JBL Vs Cena as the seond to last match.