billonaire ted

GENE

He shouldnt buy TNA, its tarnished, IMO. He should start something new, something fresh, from scratch.

People can bitch about the old guys, buy if he could sign guys like Hogan, Savage, Austin, Goldberg, Steiner to 1-year deals and then a bunch of TNA and ROH guys like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Nash, Hall, DDP, Low Ki etc, plus cruisers and get Bischoff and maybe even Heyman on board, he could really put something together that could legitimately compete with WWE, not some small time rinky dink promotion like TNA who will probably not even be around in 2 years.

Vince didn't exactly had his ass to him. I mean WCW was #1 for like 89 weeks or something. I think if he did buy TNA it could do great things. If they can get some real capital behind them, they really could push WWE I think. Like they stated earlier, if they get Heyman or Bischoff or both, I think TNA could indeed be a force.

Ted didnt do anything to WCW at all!!!!

He genuinely loved wrestling and seeing as how WCW Saturday Night had been such a ratings winner for him in WCW's hot period he decided to stick with it. He funded a company that lost money year by year (apart from in the hot periods). He then gave his backing to a programme that changed wrestling forever...Monday Nitro. Previously RAW was a series of squash matches with one or two decent wrestlers facing each other. Nitro changed things. Suddenly RAW had to change and be a great show packed with stars.

Hogan helped Kill WCW more than anyone!

Read the 'Death of WCW' book....ITS a must

Therefore I wouldnt mind if he bought TNA, as with capital of that size they could get even bigger and even better. As long as the actual product (the wrestling) isnt sacrificed and as long as it is booked properly and managed right then it would be okay. DOnt let Hogan anywhere near it

Therefore I wouldnt mind if he bought TNA, as with capital of that size they could get even bigger and even better. As long as the actual product (the wrestling) isnt sacrificed and as long as it is booked properly and managed right then it would be okay. DOnt let Hogan anywhere near it

Trouble is, if Ted did purchase TNA, how long would it be before the Jarrett's gave into temptation, and hired Hogan? With what would seem like an unlimited budget, and Hogan still being a proven ratings winner, they'd probably give Hogan whatever deal he wants, and that means 'creative control'.

Trouble is' date=' if Ted did purchase TNA, how long would it be before the Jarrett's gave into temptation, and hired Hogan? With what would seem like an unlimited budget, and Hogan still being a proven ratings winner, they'd probably give Hogan whatever deal he wants, and that means 'creative control'.[/quote']

Jerry Jarret and Hogan have real heat so I doubt they will ever sign him in the forseebale future. Hogan isnt a big a ratings winner as he thinks. He does little things to make him look better....like take himself of TV when he knows the ratings will be low (as there is competition say from a big sporting/tv event) so it looks like he is the ratings maker. I will loose a lot of respect for TNA if they sign Hogan. I love the product they have at the minute and they dont need Hogan. Let Hogan do whatever he wants to but keep him away from TV wrestling.

There is much better talent out there to hire with the money it would take for Hogan. If Turner did buy TNA then they could try and lure some underused talent away from WWE. RVD for TNA?>

Jerry Jarret and Hogan have real heat so I doubt they will ever sign him in the forseebale future. Hogan isnt a big a ratings winner as he thinks. He does little things to make him look better....like take himself of TV when he knows the ratings will be low (as there is competition say from a big sporting/tv event) so it looks like he is the ratings maker. I will loose a lot of respect for TNA if they sign Hogan. I love the product they have at the minute and they dont need Hogan. Let Hogan do whatever he wants to but keep him away from TV wrestling.

There is much better talent out there to hire with the money it would take for Hogan. If Turner did buy TNA then they could try and lure some underused talent away from WWE. RVD for TNA?>

I understand all of Hogan's tricks, but he's been off T.V. for ages, I think he would increase ratings at first, say it's the first episode of TNA on TNT (or whatever) and they advertised Hogan being on it, I'm sure people who never knew TNA existed would tune in, just for Hogan. Mind you they could just give him a 3 or 4 show deal, just to get more people interested. You are right though, they don't necessarily need Hogan, but they need at least one big name and I'm not sure Jeff Jarrett is a big enough name to basically re-launch TNA with.

Why re-lauch it? They are doing fine as it is and even though someone like Hogan would be a quick fix why not build up the people they have. Aj Styles is turning into a huge draw and JJ is doing a fine job as champion.

Like I said instead of getting Hogan in, they should just try and sign some of WWE's underused stock