Swinger signs with WWE

Dead Crow

That's good news. Would have been great news if Simon Diamond/Pat Kenney had been signed up too with the intention of using them as a tag team, but as it is I'm fairly happy. Swinger is a decent enough worker, so I can't complain. Not yet anyway, I'll at least wait until he's being wasted on Velocity before moaning. Which shouldn't take long unfortunately.

When I read the title to the thread I saw Swinger filling the void left by Palumbo. Not pleasant and I hope they do a lot more with him, but I completely echo Russ if its in the hope Diamond will sign on board too it can only be good news. Anyways look at it this way, a new face that isn't a green newbie whom is generic steriod freak. Somethings do change.

Another young talent that'll be wasted and left in the shuffle. If the WWE was smart they would push this guy towards the Cruiserweight division. The Cruiserweight division on Smackdown needs at least 10 strong contenders. Swinger would fit right in that shuffle. Or if he were to find the right partner he could be in the hunt for the tag titles in the rather shallow Tag team division on Smackdown.

I dont have a problem with the WWE signing new stars.My problem is that if you are going to bring in new talent you have showcase them alot better.Slowly bring them into the fold before throwing them into the middle of things. I hope Swinger does get a fair shake. But we've seen how they've done people in the past. So I wouldnt hold my breath on this issue. Let us hope he as least doesnt become Velocity fodder before he has the chace to become something big on Smackdown.

Like everyone else, I'd have rather seen Swinger in a team with Diamond, as WWE need more permanent teams, and as shown by their work in ECW and TNA, they can be good. Plus WWE doesn't need any more cruisers. They have plenty, they just aren't being pushed or used right.

Oh dear WWE seem to have made signing of the year dont they? From TNA jobber a couple weeks ago, using Justin Credibles old music and getting squashed, hes hardly going to set the world alight in WWE is he? Oh wait a lot of people think he is. Bwahahahaha. Its like WWE signing David Young, if they cant even make the midcard in TNA what chance do they stand of being credible Midcard stars in the bigger company WWE? Not much

Oh dear WWE seem to have made signing of the year dont they? From TNA jobber a couple weeks ago' date=' using Justin Credibles old music and getting squashed, hes hardly going to set the world alight in WWE is he? Oh wait a lot of people think he is. Bwahahahaha. Its like WWE signing David Young, if they cant even make the midcard in TNA what chance do they stand of being credible Midcard stars in the bigger company WWE? Not much[/quote']

Billy Gunn, Shaun Waltman, BG James, Dustin Rhodes....it works both ways buddy. And no one here has said Swinger will be anything other then a enhancement talent.

But Fletch my point is and others points that you have cleverly ignored to back your TNA bandwagon, is that the WWE will not have signed Swinger with any intention of turning from a jobber into a *meant to write midcard here* guy. As I have said before, jobbers indispensable so to get someone of Swingers experience to come in and act as an enhancement talent for their roster is worthwhile. Just as Richards, Venis, and higher up the card Jericho work to get over their talent Swinger will fit the role like a glove. And as others have said his role can also take him into the tag division to add some enhancement there. But people seem to think having none of these guys will work, it won't. Someone has to lose, TNA has its own guy as you said David Young. Valuable commodities, Swinger could be one for the WWE in that kind of role but only if people analysis it as such.

Gunn etc that I named, yes they were midcard talents. Midcard jobbers, enhancement talent.

Archived