*** WWE No Way Out 2005 Discussion Thread ***

Kam

PPV Quiz and Chat

As is our monthly tradition here at Talk Wrestling Online, we will be holding our monthly PPV Quiz and Chat night. Why not come along for a good ol' chat about the PPV with all the TWO regulars? The more, the merrier. Head over to the TWO chatroom from 8pm until 1am!

WWE No Way Out 2005 Quiz and Chat

Sunday 20th February 2005

(UK Times)

Quiz: 8pm - 9pm

Chat: 9pm - 1am

Talk Wrestling Online Chatrooms

PPV Prediction League

Post your predictions below – anyone can enter!

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18493

Matches

• Barbed Wire Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship:
    JBL vs. Big Show
  • Undertaker vs. Luther Reigns
  • No. 1 Contender Tournament Final:
    Kurt Angle vs. John Cena
  • WWE Tag Team Championship:
    The Bashams vs. Rey Mysterio & Eddie Guerrero
  • Six-Man Cruiserweight Elimination Championship Match:
    Funaki vs. Paul London vs. Shannon Moore vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Spike Dudley vs. Akio
  • Rookie Diva 2005 Competition

Wrestling 101 PPV Articles

- T3C: WWE No Way Out 2005 Preview

How to order the PPV

UK:

WWE No Way Out is LIVE on Sky Sports 1 from 1am.

USA:

See WWE.com - No Way Out

:xyx

I think WWE missed the boat with this PPV.

They should have done a King of the Ring style tournament that had the Quarters, Semis and Final all taking place on one night.

Quarter Finals:

Undertaker vs Luther Reigns

Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio

John Cena vs Heidenreich

Booker T vs Eddie Guerrero

Semi Finals:

Undertaker vs Kurt Angle

John Cena vs Eddie Guerrero

Final:

Kurt Angle vs John Cena

So you would have had that tournament and a Barbwire steel cage match, which would have made this a cracking PPV. But as it stands it will just be another average single brand PPV.

I thought it was a decent PPV, not as bad as people are making it out to be, but it was nothing spectacular either.

Surprising finish to the tag title match, i was expecting an Eddie heel turn, but in the end it was a disapointing result because the tag belts are now on another makeshift tag team.

Booker vs Heidenreich was what i was expecting, it would have been pointless giving Booker a clean win after building Heidenreich up as a monster. I would have prefered a Heidenreich win but a DQ finish was ok. Heidenreich and Snitsky are the only guys that can look cool, while getting DQ'ed.

Perfectly booked Cruiserweight match if a little short, building the Ultimate War..........Paul London up by having him eliminate everyone, and then having Chavo come in and sneak the win was good. It would have been pointless putting the strap on London here, because now it helps set up a perfect rematch for WM where London can take the gold.

Also, it shows how much the people care for Cruiserweights, when the Diva segments get bigger pops! :P

There should have been some sort of interference in the Taker-Luther match, but as it was it was a decent enough bout.

The Angle-Cena match was great, i would say this is the best match Cena has had to date, surprised the crowd were completely dead when Angle made his entrance, but got a few pops during the match, although i was expecting him to be the crowd favourite. Disapointed there was no appearance from HBK, It will be interesting to see how they build the Angle-HBK fued into Mania.

The main event was average until the ending, i think there should have been more use of the barbwire, although that was made up due to the amount of blood. It was strange seeing JBL dropping the wire cutters out of the ring before he could cut anything down to use as a weapon, im pretty sure that was a blown spot. The chokeslam through the ring was certainly unexpected in my opinion, and even had me shouting ''Holy S***'' . The finish was great and pretty damn original and had me confused to say the least! Cole shouting ''where the hell did he come from!'' made me laugh. Disapointed that Batista didnt have a bigger impact on the show, but at least the ending makes you wonder which show he'll choose.

Cant wait for Raw tomorrow, Big Dave to make his final decision. I think he will be about to sign the SD contract, but something on the titantron will play revealing that HHH was setting up Batista all along. But then who will be revealed as the limo driver? Cant be Flair cause he was with HHH at the time, in an ideal world it will get revealed as Orton, but seeing as its been booked so great thus far something will end up screwing this up. It will probably end up getting revealed as Rikishi again still pissed at the lack of pushes for samoans! It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Edited by MARTIN316V1

i thought it wasnt that bad overall, the crusiers result was good, as martin316v1 said it sets up the rematch for wm. id like for wwe to think up one more way for jbl to get outta jail in a title match ;) it was disappointin not to see hbk, as i dont see how theyre gunna set up their wm match. and cena vs angle was very good indeed.

and yes, certainly better than nyr, bar the chamber match

Ok, match by match in brief...

- Guerrero/Rey v Bashams was ok. Really should have been better. Surprise result, but a meh match.

- Booker T v Heidenreich was utterly awful. They blew pretty much everything and just didn't click together. Pointless ending, and they have no clue what to do with Heidenreich or Booker now.

- The cruiser match was ok. Way too quick. Funaki and Spike were pissed on, and I don't see why Chavo was made champion except to save London's win for Mania. But no one cared about the match, and given how much the WWE cares about cruisers, it's not surprising.

- Taker v Reigns was ok, nothing more. Basic squash match from Taker. Pointless, nowhere near PPV worthy.

- Angle/Cena saved the show. Angle did a great job, and Cena looked very strong. One of the better Cena matches. Did it's job, and got Cena over. Quite crowd though.

- The Diva stuff was dreadful. I really don't have to say much more on this bar people do not pay to see garbage like that. You'll notice the divas got goodp ops until they revealed their swimsuits. Why? Because we've seen it... over and over and over and over...

- The main event was bad. Boring, slow, felt like I'd been watching for an hour after the ten minute mark. I knew a high spot was coming and they hit it, but that ending was stupid with JBL crawling under the ring. What a cheap ending. I'd demand a refund if they pulled that crap on my wallet. However... and I can only be bright about this: the end of the show was great. Cena was over, Batista was over, and the staredown was great. I love the tension these two tease, and I can only imagine it'll continue at WM with a similar vein to Benoit/Guerrero last year. Good ending to an awful show.

We all knew that JBL was going to find a way to win over Big Show. Crawling from under the ring? Thats new and different. Compared to when Big Show threw Stone Cold into the cage so hard that it broke loose allowing Austin to drop down to the floor during his match with Vince many years back.

I'm glad that Cena got the duke. Now his march to the WWE Championship has begun. He will be champion come Wrestlemania. I knew that Angle vs. Cena would be the best match of No Way Out. Kudos to Chavo using Uncle Eddie's bag of tricks to win the title. Everything else on the card basically was pretty predictable.

HBK not showing up at No Way Out to get some revenge on Angle baffles me though. I mean thats kinda making HBK look like a wuss for not coming out there to insure Angle didnt go on to the main event.

But JBL getting pummeled by Cena and Show at the end sounded good. And Batista cleaning house yet again lets you know right there that he would get huge pops whether hes on Smackdown or Raw. But tonight I have no doubts that he will stay on Raw to challenge HHH for the gold.

I hope that Cenas match with JBL be a title vs. title match. That way the stakes will indeed be very high.

Prediction? I predict tonight that Batista will be considering going to Smackdown, then all of a sudden JBL will show footage that HHH paid off somebody to drive that limo to try to scare Batista. Call it a longshot. But we all know when it come to plots nobody sets the bar bigger than HHH. Tonight will be very interesting on Raw.

i actually had and inkling that the way JBL would win was thru coming out under the ring, as there was "no way out". but, i thought while he was lying in the hole, when big show went to get out, he would fail, then see JBL walking off as champion. when show got out and JBL was announced champion, i thought what? then realised what i thought would happen did! i was amazed basically

I thought it was a good PPV. Cena vs. Angle & JBL vs. Show where the highlight of the night. Brilliant ending with JBL keeping his championship! I liked his promo before the match also "My body is temporary..." They are doing a great job by having JBL barley slipping by in matches. The guy works hard and took 2 bumps that night, people hopefully will start to see the hard work he has been putting in.

The Paul London Warrior deal was pretty funny. I betcha he picked out that outfit, he seems like he is a little quarky. I though he was going to win it, after Funaki anything is possible. Chavo was a good champ before, but there is no reason to give him the belt. I still miss Chavo Sr. working with his son. That was pretty entertaining.