Bon Scott

Inno

Jeez is it that long ago?

Legend, AC/DC were never the same without them for me. That high pitched, rasp, and just fantastic phrasing complimented the music so well. Even now hearing the "If You Want Blood, You Got It" album, still brings a chill to my spine.

RIP Bon

Yup, it was that long ago. It was a great loss for AC/DC, reflected in the fact that even nowadays his lyrics turn up throughout much of their live shows and most of the songs they perform during shows still come from his time as lead singer. It's a shame it happened, but then it was 25 years ago, with Brian Johnson having done a good job in his own right as lead singer and possibly Ronald Belford could be having a good time with people like Hendrix, Rhoads, John Bonham and Dimebag.

I'm glad personally. I'm not keen on the way anniversaries of deaths are always marked, once the person has died I think it'd be much more appropriate to put the emphasis on celebrating what they achieved in their lifetime, so marking their birthday with some sort of acknowledgement would be more appropriate I feel, than morbidly concentrating on when they died. However, that seems to be the way things go. Too bad for us Dimebag fans then, as when his first anniversary comes up for that it'll also be the twenty-fifth anniversary of the assassination of John Lennon, so you'll probably hear all about that and nothing about Dimebag. Not that the British media cared when it happened enough to report it anyway (though the press did I suppose).

I suppose playing an AC/DC song or two on the radio couldn't have hurt mind you.

Yeah I'm glad his death isn't glorified. These days it seems when people die, they then form a new legacy, of which their past becomes tainted. All of a sudden they are thought of, in a different light. I think it can be described best when George Harrison died. Before he died, people always thought "oh he was a lousy guitarist and the weakest member of The Beatles" yet when he dies he's all of a sudden, a guitar god, and one of the greatest songwriters of the last 40 years.

Leave Bon's legacy as it's meant. Could you really imagine Bon wanting a lot of commotion about a death anniversary? I'm sure he'd be much more content with true fans, sticking on some classic late 70's AC/DC, and having a few cold ones on him.