• Mable (1995)
    • Steve Austin (1996)
    • Triple H (1997)
    • Ken Shamrock (1998)
    • Billy Gunn (1999)
    • Kurt Angle (2000)
    • Edge (2001)
    • Brock Lesnar (2002)

So who is the greatest king of the ring champion of all time. You can judge this on who had the better tournoment or how much sucess they got after winning the tournament.

Current Finalists:

Crash Holly (Hardcore)

D Lo Brown (European)

Trish Stratus (Womens)

Rey Mysterio (Cruiserwieght)

Edge and Christian (Tag Team)

The 'King of Harts' Owen Hart. It actually meant something when he won it. After the first two King of the Ring's, it all went pear shaped and winning it was more or less forgotton after a few weeks. With the exception of King Mabel, who like Owen, created a gimmick out of it, but he's crap. So Owen's my pick.

Opps, I posted before the poll was up. I didn't realize you were including the original 'King of the WWF' moniker too. I just thought you were going on the 'King of the Ring' tournament winners.

I didn't think these two 'Titles' were connected.

Edited by wyndorf

Opps, I posted before the poll was up. I didn't realize you were including the original 'King of the WWF' moniker too. I just thought you were going on the 'King of the Ring' tournament winners.

I didn't think these two 'Titles' were connected.

Huh i didnt get that

I think the earlier ones were actualy King Of The Ring tournaments. The 'King Of The WWF' deal was a seperate thing that started off as a gimmick for Harley Race after he won the KOTR.

I could be wrong, though.

Not that resemblance to actual title histories seems to matter in these polls, judging by the light-heavy one.

I voted for Austin, anyway. He's certainly who I think of first when I think of the King Of The Ring tournament.

I think the earlier ones were actualy King Of The Ring tournaments. The 'King Of The WWF' deal was a seperate thing that started off as a gimmick for Harley Race after he won the KOTR.

I could be wrong, though.

Not that resemblance to actual title histories seems to matter in these polls, judging by the light-heavy one.

I voted for Austin, anyway. He's certainly who I think of first when I think of the King Of The Ring tournament.

What are you babbling on about?

You're not allowed to insult people on this board are you? I'm really having to bite my tongue (metaphoricaly speaking).

After Harley Race won the first KOTR tournament, he was crowned 'King Of The WWF,' an accolade which he then proceeded to defend as though it was a title. Wyndorf, above, asserts that the earlier King Of The Ring winners you have were actually King Of The WWF winners. I'm reasonably sure that this isn't the case.

Possibly quite an esoteric topic, but Wyndorf's post made it clear enough what he was talking about.

Try actually reading peoples' post, son. You'll find them easier to understand.

• Like 1

Possibly quite an esoteric topic, but Wyndorf's post made it clear enough what he was talking about.

Try actually reading peoples' post, son. You'll find them easier to understand.

All he said was i didnt know you included the king of the wwf and i didnt know what that was thats all.

i think he ment how 1993 was the first official king of the ring. i dont think the others were classified as the king of the ring.

Yes, that's what I meant! :xyx The King of the Ring title is IMO (not a proven fact.....yet) a different title to the 'King of the WWF'

It was well documented by the WWF, that when Bret Hart won the first King of the Ring PPV tournament, in 1993, that he was the first 'King of the Ring' winner

Yes, that's what I meant! :xyx The King of the Ring title is IMO (not a proven fact.....yet) a different title to the 'King of the WWF'

It was well documented by the WWF, that when Bret Hart won the first King of the Ring PPV tournament, in 1993, that he was the first 'King of the Ring' winner

Since they havent got any votes it really doesnt matter. Thanks for the info anyway :xyx

The King Of The Ring is definitely different to the King Of The WWf, I think. Trouble is, those earlier ones were referred to as King Of The Ring, too, at the time anyway. They might have changed their mind since then but you know what the WWE is like for revisionist history...

I've not been able to find a lot, but these point towards them being KOTR tournaments:

http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/kotrtny.htm

http://members.fortunecity.com/1sgtslaughter/titlehist/def/wwf-misctitle.html

As has been said, they haven't got any votes anyway, but those earlier ones do certainly seem to have Been KOTR tournaments rather than anything else.

1993 was the first King Of The RIng pay-per-view; maybe that's what is meant when they say Bret was the 'first?'

• Like 1