*** Official Raw Thread - 14th February 2005 ***

Kam

Preview:

St. Valentine's Day RAW

Feb. 14, 2005

Will it be a Valentine's Day Massacre when Raw comes to you live, from Cincinnati, OH tonight? A few matches have already been signed for tonight's show, and all signs are pointing to a night of mayhem.

Last week, Batista helped cost Edge the victory in his World Heavyweight Championship match against Triple H. After waiting so long to finally get his shot, Edge is furious that he was "screwed" once again in his quest for the gold. He has revenge on his mind and will be looking to take down Batista tonight.

Randy Orton was able to pick up a hard-fought win over Tyson Tomko last week in Japan, but after the match, he was brutally attacked by Captain Charisma himself, Christian, who punished Orton with the Unprettier. Orton looked as if he might have been concussed again last week, but he will also be looking for revenge tonight, as he takes on Christian in one-on-one action.

La Resistance is none too happy that they lost their World Tag Team Championships to William Regal & Tajiri last week in Tajiri's native Japan, so they are invoking their rematch clause tonight in hopes that the outcome will be different now that the Japanese Buzzsaw doesn't have home-field advantage.

Plus, another member of the Class of 2005 Hall of Fame Inductees will be announced.

A pretty good opening segment, With Hassan speaking sense as always (The Dumbing down of America). It still irritates me with the stupidity of americans that directly following boo'ing Hassan's remarks they start a "USA" chant. He is American! And to make things worse they start the ''USA'' chant when Jericho grew up in Winnipeg which is in Canada! :roll, HASSAN IS THE ONE THAT'S AMERICAN!!!

Orton vs Christian was good, however with the clean victory I can't see WWE taking these two any further with each other. What waits for Orton at Mania now then? Jericho? Benoit? Hassan?

The tag title match was just your standard average tag bout which nothing special, and with the destint lack of tag teams, who's left for Regal and Tajiri to face? And what ever happened to Rhyno and Tajiri's chase after the tag titles?!?

Kane was hilarious this week! His sit-ups were funny and when he tripped up Simon Dean was brilliant!

Chris Masters next week! Does anyone care?

Looks like HBK will be on his way to No Way Out this sunday to get a little piece of Angle which should be cool as long as the crowd are with Shawn seeing as the PPV is in Kurt's hometown, it would just take away from it if HBK was booed.

Batista vs Edge was good also, and the anticipation for JBL coming to Raw was good and got you wondering what would happen, espically the end segment with him trying to run him down. Hopefully they reveal that this was a HHH and Flair set up to get Dave angry so he jumps to SD!, or maybe it was Triple H hiring Rikishi again? :P

"He is built like Tarzan, I will make him look like Jane!" :lol

Also it will be cool to see Dave turn up on Smackdown this week and give JBL a nice little beating! Smackdown will certainly be a must see this week!

Batistamania is runnin wild, brother! :D

I thought id leave this for the end, but what in the funk was up with Triple H's beard?! I'm sorry Trips but you shouldnt be modelling the Lemmy beard! :lol

Overall I thought that was a pretty damn good show.

Edited by MARTIN316V1

I just read the Wrestling Observer report and it looks like thier attempts to shove Batista down out throats continue. The guy who wrote the review said he cant see why they are pushing Batista into a fued woth both Edge and JBL

I thought id leave this for the end, but what in the funk was up with Triple H's beard?!

HaHa I was like WTF, when I saw him with the beard.

Trips seriously shave it off.:xyx

Christian vs Randy , AWSOME MATCH

Now for sure we know that Christy will pose for Play Boy ,,, can't wait :devil :wub

And it all confirms that HBK will cost somehow Angle the number 1 contender match at No Way Out.:D

Raw was weird this week, no way Jericho should be jobbing to Hassan, HHH is sporting a Lemmy as they are booked to play at Mania, Orton vs Christian was the best match ive seen in a long time, Kane and Simon Dean is stupid whats the point? Snitsky needs to be fired, he has zero talent. It's obvious J.B.L had nothing to do with that "stunt" at the end of the show.

A good show overall, but Jericho laying down for Hassan left a horrible taste of HHH political soup in my mouth.

I liked Raw this week. The Orton/Christian match was good, but i don't know what's gonna happen with their feud now. Looks like it's gonna be over before it started.

I thought Kane was hilarious, doing his press ups.

Obviously JBL was not involved with the stunt.

I am gonna make a bold prediction here, probably totally wrong but here goes.

I think that it will turn out it was Orton driving the car, and this will be his heel turn, helping Triple H, but not necessarily re-joining Evolution.

I reckon if he does turn it will be Orton v Shelton Benjamin for the Intercontinental at Mania.

I definately think that HBK will turn up at No Way Out and cost Angle his match thus setting up their match at Mania.

A very good Raw this week, the opening segment was actually quite good considering the wooden performance of Candice Michelle. The matches were all very well worked, and the backstage bits were great. Trippers beard should just be shaved off, he looked like a complete idiot with it!

A very good Raw this week' date=' the opening segment was actually quite good considering the wooden performance of Candice Michelle. The matches were all very well worked, and the backstage bits were great. Trippers beard should just be shaved off, he looked like a complete idiot with it![/quote']

He looked like Lemmy from Motorhead.

Just watched the first half of the show, a few thoughts:

Candice should never speak, ever. Just stick her in a corner, leave her there, look at her, send her home.

Those US fans sure are racist aren't they? And then they turned homophobic just to complete their idiocy. Gay jokes aren't funny.

Hassan's a very good promo deliverer, and Daivari's a great sidekick, with a very Heenan-esque way of acting around ringside.

Hassan vs. Jericho was alright, had to put Hassan over I suppose.

Nice to see Piper inducted, even if the Orton/Stacy thing afterwards was completely pointless, and probably made the fans boo Orton even more.

Benjamin vs. Snitsky was ok for what it was. Great chairshot to end and brilliantly sold by Shelton. Snitsky's tongue stud = no.

The Tag Titles match was ok too, bit surprising for such a weak transition move to get the pin though.

Those US fans sure are racist aren't they? And then they turned homophobic just to complete their idiocy. Gay jokes aren't funny.

Am I the only one who doesn't actually get pissed off at the American fans? I just enjoy seeing somebody get hated so much. The reaction Hassan gets makes him even more entertaining. Damn I need his theme song on my PC pronto.

And gay jokes are funny :P

I'm sure you think they are :P. I just never really understood why somebody's sexuality makes them better or worse at wrestling. The writers could've thought of a lot of different ways for Jericho to insult them.

Anyways, the rest of the show was entertaining. Orton/Christian was a solid match, not quite as good as some reviews had led me to think. Kane/Dean stunk of filler material. It was entertaining enough, but the lack of actual point and reason hurt it.

The end of show stuff with Batista was probably the high point of the show. Even though Batista vs. Edge was CRIMINALLY short given the amount of hype they gave it throughout the show, and if they actually gave them a decent time i'm sure they'd put on a good match. The ending angle was good, even if everything did look a little too set up (like the garbage to catch their fall) and HHH's appearance was rather too quick/noiseless. It'll be interesting to see if they ever do reveal who was driving the limo. It'll probably be that cad Lance Storm again.

Anyone else think that Edge might claim he beat Batista due to the DQ ruling and get himself another title shot?

Wasnt Eric Bischoff on the phone to Teddy Long and he said he sent JBL down there. Unless Bischoff is in on this aswell pretending to be on the phone.

Oh Bisch was pretending to be on the phone alright Then again anytime you see someone backstage on the phone they are pretending.

I'm sure you think they are :P. I just never really understood why somebody's sexuality makes them better or worse at wrestling. The writers could've thought of a lot of different ways for Jericho to insult them.

Although I agree with the idea that gay jokes aren't necessarily funny, I thought the delivery of the joke told by Jericho was good. The funnier thing was watching Daivari jump ten feet away from Hassan at the insinuation of a relationship, homosexual or otherwise.