Survivor Series 6th Annual (1992)

Guest Fully

Just watched this last night and was wondering what you all thought of the event? Heres my view....

Bret Hart (WWF Champion) v HBK (IC Champ)

Bret had just been rushed the title before this from a deaprting Flair and they decided to let the future of the company main event for the first time. It was a decent match although no where near the quality they would go on to produce together. Bret would go on to drop the title to Yokozuna at WM9 and HBK would stay in the IC matches for a while in which he had the classic matches with Razor Ramon. 3/5

Randy Savage and Mr. Perfect v Ric Flair and Razor Ramon

All the SS92 was about was getting Mr. Perfect over as a face and its too blatent for my liking. Savage barely deliverd an offensive move and you can see a mile off whats coming. The match ends in a "Dusty" finish but for about 3 minutes Savage stands on the top rope getting the crowd to cheer for Mr. Perfect. Ric Falir was his usual brillaint self but the macth didnt come up to much really. 3/5

Money Inc and Beverleys v Natural Disasters and Nasty Boys

Money Inc as Tag champs. One of my favourite teams of all time. I also really admire the Beverlys and they put ina good effort. Nasty Boys were terrible, particually Knobs and the qaulity of the match was always going to be low with Typhoon getting ring time. Poor saved by Dibease. 1.5/5

Nailz v Boss Man (nightstick match)

Its an angle I dunno wheter to love or hate. Nailz and ex-con getting revenge on the Boss Man. Bad match, the first nightstick match. The only saving grace is Nailz delivery of the nightstick shots which look brutal. 1.5/5

Undertaker v Kamala (coffin match)

First ever coffin match and a bad one at that involving what might be the worst gimmick of all time - Kamala. Even taker couldnt save this from being a dud. 1/5

Yokozuna v Virgil

A squash match aimed at getting Yokozuna over in time for the Royal Rumble 1993 (which he wins. Decent actually. I liked Yoko, he worked well and was good to watch in the ring. Virgil did a good sell job too. 2.5/5

Rick Martel v Tatanka

This wasnt that bad of a fued actually and the matches were always decent ish. Tatanka when you think about him seems irritatingly puerile but when you see him in the ring those ideas dissapear. 2.5/5

Headshrinkers v High Energy

I really like the Headshrinkers and even though they werent given much ring time they did a decent job with Owen. (not i said Owen not koko). Fatu (rikishi) does a great top rope splash and Owen is his usual good self. 2.5/5 (due to shortness of it)

Overall a poor poor PPV saved only by Flair and the title match.

It was crap. I remember at the time being really angry about the fact that they didnt go with the usual team concept that the Survivor Series was all about. It was rubbish. The only decent thing was Mr. Perfect walking to the ring as a face after being out for over a year. Oh, and him batting away a tiny little defrosted chicken in the locker room after the match lol
  • Like 1

It was crap. I remember at the time being really angry about the fact that they didnt go with the usual team concept that the Survivor Series was all about. It was rubbish. The only decent thing was Mr. Perfect walking to the ring as a face after being out for over a year. Oh' date=' and him batting away a tiny little defrosted chicken in the locker room after the match lol[/quote']

Spot on, tho this is maybe in the wrong forum, I dunno.

But point is it was a crap PPV anyway, actually was around about the time after Summerslam 1992 where I lost interest as a kid... this PPV didnt really help the enthusiasm.

it may not technically be a good ppv, although the two main matches delivered, so i'd say that's good enough

i enjoy the ppv today, as i enjoy everything before about 1994 - its good nostalgia and brings me back to my childhood, even if it may not technically be good

they abandoned the team concept because it had kind of run its course somewhat...the survivor series buyrate was taking a dip every year...i mean how many times can you watch someone get pinned with a clothesline?...but whatever, i enjoyed the team idea personally

it may not technically be a good ppv' date=' although the two main matches delivered[/quote']

I wouldnt say they delivered. They were enjoyable but should have been oh so much better. Flair/Razor v Macho/Mr.Perfect as I said was basically them just beating the crap out of Macho Man in order for Mr.P to come in and wipe them all out to get him over. The dusty finish ruined things. As for HBK v Bret I was hoping for better but at least they went on to do some classics down the line. This match was too bogged down in weak spots and arm bars. I dont mind holds, they can give a lot to a match, but they overdid it here

I thought the SS92 match between Bret and Shawn was better than the Iron man.

To be honest, I cant think of many matches which were worse than the WM12 Iron Match match. It was utter crap, a complete snore-fest. A huge letdown from these guys, seeing as we all know what they are capable of.

Rock vs HHH put on a far superior Iron Man match, as did HHH vs Benoit and Kurt vs Brock.

I dont agree with you there jungmuta. The ironman was a real event, a real memorable match whilst the SS92 match was basically them main eventing for the first time to see what they could do and HBK was still crafting what made him so good.