Valantines Day........in the bad books

Paul

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 17 years of never doing anything or getting anything for Valentines, today I actually got my first card. Valentines has never meant anything to me in the past but today was very special. I got to spend half my day with Taki, after exchanging gifts at about 5 past midnight because she couldnt wait.

I got some fantastic presents from her which I love. First Valentines Day I've properly enjoyed, even if for 6 hours today I spent on a train.

• Like 1

My mom received a card today from a secret admirer. She knew who it was, but it brightened up her day, which was nice. I got an e-card which was thoughtful, but I generally don't buy into the day. If I love them, I love them 365 days a year. And I'd rather be spontanious than have a set day. Hell, I'd probably go o far as to buy a small gift every day bar Valentines, just to prove a point.

If I love them' date=' I love them 365 days a year. And I'd rather be spontanious than have a set day. Hell, I'd probably go o far as to buy a small gift every day bar Valentines, just to prove a point.[/quote']

Ah but see if you DID buy someone a valentine's gift or card then they'd be DOUBLE surprised. The old switcheroo!

Anyways, I got nothing and I sent nothing, Although Kelly at work did say she'd sent me a card but I'm pretty sure she was joking.

You lot are a load of miseries, I used to be bitter bout Valentines day, but I've had the best day ever. Met my bf about 3, he took me to the cinema, as he'd bought us tickets before, and he bought us awesome food and stuff. Then we took a taxi to his, where he gave me a dozen red roses, necklace and a teddy and awesome card, then took me out to dinner. Love him so much.

Yeah have to say you answer your own question there Nicole, and as shown by previous years u'd be a misery too, if you were single, thus there you go.

Have to say I agree with Draven. It's just a hallmark day, where your expected to do something special or give something special. Surely you should do that any day of the year, if you truly appreciate someone, and don't need a defined day, just to have an excuse to. But hey, thats just my thoughts

I had a crap day, I totally screwed up this year. I had loads of people I wanted to buy for, just friends who needed cheering up, and people who I blatantly fancy the pants off too. My kinda customary overspending last weekend for my birthday though meant that I totally didn't even have enough for stamps to send cards with, let alone cards and presents themselves. I so love spoiling people and I messed up big style this year.

Valentines Day is a strange one, it manages to re-enforce both self-confidence and insecurity at the same time. This year though, I broke with my usual tradition of ignoring it completely, and it was fun, and I'm as single as a single person can be right now, so maybe it's a person's perception and interpretation of the day thats stops them from enjoying it if they aren't in a relationship?? What do I know, thats just my opinion!

followed by the moderators!

Hey what did me do!

I think the thing with Valentines does is just ruin the suprise elements of a relationship... It's expected and if you don't do something then you're in the dog house.

The way I act in a relationship is that I try everyday to make sure that I and my partner are both happy and to suprise her and fun all the time if I can. I don't need a day for it, it just adds un-needed pressure.