Outdoor British WWE shows?

wyndorf

From ProWrestling.com

The WWE is toying with the idea of running some outdoor shows later this year in England. Several soccer teams have been contacted regarding the possibility of using their venues. Some of the bigger teams in the country, such as Manchester United, could hold around 70,000 for wrestling.

This could only really work for a major PPV. Could we see SummerSlam hosted from the U.K. again?

It would sell out I think. WWE have a huge fan-base over here, and if they lowered the prices a little, they could easily sell 70,000, and gain a bigger profit than a show selling 20,00 seats but with higher ticket prices. I cant imagine Utd would turn it down either.

Id go definetly. Manchester is right near me, and with lower tickets prices it would be worth it.

Obviously none of you bothered to read the follow up about them then deciding against it for several reasons' date=' its all covered in the TWO Newsletter which comes out later tonight[/quote']

Obviously. With the TWO Newsletter not actually being out yet, many of us haven't had the opportunity to peruse the details of the 'Follow Up' which unfortunately didn't appear on the website I visited.

Sorry if it seemed like me and many others 'Couldn't be bothered!'

Ibrox and Murryfield would perhaps be good too' date=' but Vince seems to find that crossing the border is a little difficult for some reason[/quote']

Pardon? Aren't they doing a show in Aberdeen and a show in Edinburgh on the next tour? Doesn't sound like they find crossing the border a little difficult to me.

I went to the "Glasgow" house show after WM last year too. It was billed as being in the Weeg but really was in a shopping centre miles away. Crap venue, good crowd!

To be honest if it is true, which Im sceptical about as this rumour comes around every year, it wouldnt go to anywhere North of Manchester due to one thing...the weather. Id love to see it at the brilliant Stadium of Light or St.James Park but It wont happen.

I would love to see an outdoor event but they would have to try and do it on a summers day and pray it does not rain Manchester would be ideal for this the size of the ground should be well enough to fit wrestling fans in i live in Liverpool which is great if they have in Manchester because it's only half an hour or so down the motor way but it would have to be a PPV to sell that amount of tickets i also would travel alot further if it was a PPV ah well if it's not happenin then it's tough but i think WWE would profit from this and if like one of you said earlier they lower the prices of the tickets they would definatly get the seats filled lets just hope lol

i would of thought that the venue at the top of any WWE List would be the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff due to what has already been said by Christianrules.

It has a roof.

Agreed.

Wasnt there 80,000+ people at Summerslam '92 ?

Im sure it would only work for a big PPV however, and if it IS outdoor, im guessing its gonna be in the summer, so maybe another UK Summerslam is on the cards ?

Hope so :xyx

Obviously none of you bothered to read the follow up about them then deciding against it for several reasons' date=' its all covered in the TWO Newsletter which comes out later tonight[/quote']

Sorry to quote the same post twice, but, where is the follow up news that you mentioned being featured in the U.S. news of the TWO Newsletter?

I'm trying not to sound like an ass, but I can't find it.

Ibrox and Murryfield would perhaps be good too' date=' but Vince seems to find that crossing the border is a little difficult for some reason[/quote']

Yeah you would think that scottish smell or summit which we don't closed wel'll get is St James's Park and tht wont happen so it will probobly be Manchester closest to us Scots

I'd like to see it held at Albion Rover's Cliftonhill ground, the worst stadium in Britain. When the team ran out of money halfway through building it, some fans volentered to help out and finish it off. They did a horrible job, and the stadium has been falling apart for decades now.

It might not be the best for atmousphere, but you'd get great comedy moments. Big Show hits a legdrop and the top tier of the stand collapses. An angry Coatbridge man throws a Scotch pie at Randy Orton. Ric Flair could have his way with his choice of any of the 17 year old mothers of 3 who live around the ground. And after it all, they could go to The Time Capsule for a day of skating and swimming fun.

It's the bestest fun in a million years.

• Like 1