Rugby Or Football?!

Miss T

Which One?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which One?

For me' date=' it HAS to be rugby been brought up around it my whole life and a rugby player for me depicts a REAL man :D[/quote']

My dad was a rugby coach, jeez, those weekends as a child knocking about the club, ewwww!! I adore football personally, have chased Liverpool all over Europe :worship

This thing where people think rugby players are the "real men", did you see Cisse's broken leg? Yes, I appreciate rugby, having grown up with it, but football is where the skill and beauty lie

Funny thing, I know tons of girls who like Rugby, but hate/dont watch football. And with Blokes it's the other way around. Im also a football fan, no choice really in the Liverpool mad house I grew up in. But I watch all the Rugby Internationals, (BTW, Ha!) But never club level. I understand it well enough though, it's kinda hard not to pick it up in Wales.

Rugby to me is the most pathetic sport in the world. There's no tactics to it, no real skill involved other than kicking a ball and pushing against people. It's incredibly violent and unnecessarily praise is thrust upon the England team just because they won the World Cup.

And Cricket is NOT boring!

Rugby to me is the most pathetic sport in the world. There's no tactics to it, no real skill involved other than kicking a ball and pushing against people. It's incredibly violent and unnecessarily praise is thrust upon the England team just because they won the World Cup.

Yet,you wouldn't let me change over the channel this afternoon. :roll

Funny you say that cuz I'm not sure if its just cornwall but if you are a footy player down here everyone takes the piss out of you and you are automatically a fanny is you play it!

Could it be because Cornwall doesn't have a league side of its own? And yes its just Cornwall :xyx

Anyway Football for me, although I can watch Rugby when I have to.

Thats some of the biggest pile of crap ive ever heard. Violent? No its not, if a player is violent they get sent off, just as in football. Rugby is all about controlled aggression, and if you cant see the skill involved in organising a backline consisting of seven men all looping and throwing missed passes, then you've obviously not been watching the right games. And as for the forwards, do you have any idea of the strength it takes to stay upright in a scrum - if it collapses it can kill you, thats where the skill is involved.

The game is all about keeping people safe - there is a right way and a wrong way to do everything in the game.

I think there are tactics in Rugby - you can either have a strong kicking game and lineout routine or you can have a fast running attack or a power running game with a strong pack. It's like in football, you can play tippy-tappy passy stuff or go for the Wimbledon big boot tactic. Each sport in the world, no matter what, has tactics.

Rugby and Football for me - I can watch both.

Rugby's extremly skillfull. If it's all about big hulks smashing into each other, how do you explain Shane Williams, or Jason Robinson? Admittedly theres a lot of running into each other. But you still have to look for space, pass at the right weight and speed, catch the bloody thing. And have you tried bringing down a 300 pound New Zealander steaming towards you full pelt? Even that needs talent. And on the flipside, plenty of footballers get by with just grit and strength and no noticable skill. Tony Adams, David Batty and most of the football league players spring to mind.