Walls Of Jericho !!

Rock

I was watching some old footage of Y2J and the walls of jericho has changed.. He used to have the opponents legs higher up, with the back arched and now it is more like a Boston Crab...

Just wondered if there was a reason for this...

http://img212.exs.cx/img212/3473/oioio3ss.jpgThanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

http://img212.exs.cx/img212/8919/pop4jd.jpgThanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Edited by Rock

Yep they changed it becuase ppl was whining about that it hurt too much...

And yep the new Walls sucks ass, just a crappy Boston Crap :-/

And as Crippler says the new Crossface sucks ass too .... do anyone know if they changed it because the old version hurt more? ...og some other reason?

Maybe he got bored of it and tried modifying it or something. I wish he'd go back to doing it the old way.

I'm not sure Benoit tried to modify the crossface, It really depends on who's taking it. To make the move look really good, the opponent has to allow his arm to be extended and be able to hold it between Benoit's legs, whilst having his head wrenched back. I'd say it's a pretty hard move to take.

As for the Walls of Jericho, It has been changed into a Boston Crab, and a pretty crap one at that. The original version was far more impressive, but as has been said, probably hurt alot more too.

The Walls of Jericho is basically now a Boston Crab plain and simple, a move associated with "The Model" Rick Martel who used it as his trademark in the WWF for years.

Its more down to the roided freaks having weak lower backs so Jericho putting pressure on like he did with the original Lion Tamer kind of hurt them...of course them not taking steriods would not affect that in any way.....cough....cough.

On Benoits the version he pulled on Jericho in Japan looked like a choke hold probably from the angle or just me being a tube with a bad memory.

I totally agree.Chris' new Walls does look pretty crap compared to what it used to, and the same goes for the CrossFace. What happened to the clasped hands covering his opponents nose? It looked terrific!

As for " Edges Submission Manouver" is it not called "Edgecution"? or was that the cool DDT he used for a while? I can never remember lol

As long as JR has been in the business hes allowed to slip up everything now and then. The WWE jargon sometimes suck. I like when JR slips in something different. Or slips in the truth on some things. The WWE is so fabricated on so many things its nice to hear the truth once in awhile.

Plus I agree that the way Jericho used to do the liontame/Walls of Jericho was way more effective than the version he does now. Benoit used to do the same move in WCW alot. Its a shame that Vince can pay guys alot of money just to hold back their best for others wont get their arses kicked. :roll

Edited by The Franchise

Yeah Edge's move that he used a while back on Smackdown and has gone back too is the Edgeucator...

The Crossface has changed slightly in his place of grip and the arm lock. His version on Jericho was like the one he used to defeat him back in the 2000 rivalry, so it was story based psychology.... His modified version to win was sweet...

Also the reason Clarkey gave for the Walls changing is correct, the big roid freaks can't take it as well as the WCW cruisers and smaller mid carders can, simple as. So he had to tone it down to a simple crab hold... boo hoo