Online addiction...

Maxximus

So, what's the longest you all have been able to keep yourselves from the TWO, and the internet in gerneral? I bet a lot of you are in the "I don't have a problem! I'm not addicted to the internet", denial stage.

I have to admit, since joining the TWO in May of 2004, I find it incresingly hard to stay away from here for any extended period of time. Current case in point, I think I have been away from the TWO for close to a month, I told myself that I was done with the TWO, but guess who comes crawling back....again?

This is an easy one. :devil

5 and a half weeks or so. I'd moved back to my parents in the summer and hadn't set up an internet connection yet. I only came on TWO during the week while at work. Then I broke my foot and had six weeks off work. I actually dictated a message to my mate Jamie to post on here just to notify people that I was still alive.

The only thing I find harder to live without than the internet is shopping darling. The main reason being that I've moved about so much that all of my closest friends are spread around the country. Sure I can call them all the time but the internet's just easier and like, so totally cheaper too.

There have been times I've had to go without the internet for long periods, most notably when I left the Wicked Witch of Waterlooville and didn't even have a PC (as I was sleeping in the woods I'd have had no phone line to plug it into anyway), but for the most part I've always had the internet and I can quite honestly say that any time without it just makes poor little me miserable!

Let me supplement the question a little bit...

Do any of you think that you are addicted to the Internet, and are any of you willing to say that you have a problem? e.g. does your online time conflict with your offline life? Do you have an offline life, and, lastly, have you ever consitered throwing your PC out of the window? :D