Need any help with FF7/8? Come in...

Guest SeeDub

Guest SeeDub
The amount of times i've gone back, completed the game, perfected it, found all the secrets, I think I know these two games pretty well....I've also noticed people who can't even get past the first boss, so If you need help with Final Fantasy 7 or 8, just ask away....

Originally posted by SeeDub

I've also noticed people who can't even get past the first boss, so If you need help with Final Fantasy 7 or 8, just ask away....

...you gotta be kidding me!

anyway..i've completed both games as well so er...i'll help too (though seedub will beat me to it :D)...just don't ask me about the materia system

Guest solidus

you have no idea how much of a fan i am at FF8 i've spent 100's of hours on it please dont say you know eveything there is in it because i have teared that game apart looking for things.

Very long game and AMAZING ending, and yes i have beaten ultima weapon:-)

Originally posted by solidus

you have no idea how much of a fan i am at FF8 i've spent 100's of hours on it please dont say you know eveything there is in it because i have teared that game apart looking for things.

i know everything there is to it :D

Guest solidus
Think your so good at it. Without any help, and no cheating get the Pupu card. infact get every card in the game if you can. get every charecter to level 100. beat ultima wepon and omega wepon. if you can do all that i'll let you off :devil

Guest SeeDub

Very long game and AMAZING ending, and yes i have beaten ultima weapon:-)

I didn't use the word 'everything' once...

lol, if you are talking about Ultima Weapon in FF8 then you're having a laugh, that thing was a piece of piss...

I created this thread because I started the game again the other week...at the mo I'm on the third disk just before Lunatic Pandora and I have just beaten Ultima weapon, I have all the GF's, Squall is level 100 all the others are about level 60...

All I need before I go and whoop Adel's and Ultimacea's arse is a few Dragon Fangs to get Squalls final weapon, and a few more energy crystals for Quistis' final wepaon, then I have all I need. (All final weapons, GF's, abilties, most of the cards except the ones on the Card Queens Quest which i can't be arsed with this time around)

And btw, yes I do know some people who can't beat the Scorpian on no.7 (yes, the first boss, lol)

Think your so good at it. Without any help, and no cheating get the Pupu card.

that's not hard, but can be tedious to find those four places. if you beat it instead of giving it an elixr, you get an accerlartor but won't get the card

Guest SeeDub

This is annoying me, I have all the GF's, and everything I want except (x4 Dragon Fangs For Squall's Weapon) and (x4 Energy Crystals For Quistis' Weapon)

I've only recieved Energy crystals from Ruby Dragons and I've never had Dragon Fangs, no matter how mnay times I fight/mug/beat Blue Dragons, Hexadragons /Anything on the islands closet to hell/heaven....

...Does anyone know where I can get these items?

Cheers.

You have to location's correct, but do you have the rare item ability learned, and turned on. That is the only way to get the item's you want.

Dragon Fang (Island closest to hell and Shumi tribe area)- From Blue Dragon w/RARE ITEM ability receive as a battle prize or w/LVL DOWN ability from Tonberry Level him down between 1-10 and receive it as a battle prize.

Energy Crystal (Esthar)- From Ruby Dragon w/Rare Item ability receive as a battle prize.

Guest heavenstorm

Think your so good at it. Without any help, and no cheating get the Pupu card. infact get every card in the game if you can. get every charecter to level 100. beat ultima wepon and omega wepon. if you can do all that i'll let you off :devil

Firstly, it's not that hard to get the PuPu card. And isn't it a better test of skill to beat them at as low a level as possible?

Guest solidus
cant you see the full stop:roll ? Getting the characters to level 100 was a seperate thing from the ultima wepon and blah blah . And actually it wouldn't make much of a difference what level you are as the bosses react and are stronger or weaker,have a lower HP ect . SO IT DONT MATTER WHAT LEVEL YOUR ON.

Guest SeeDub
Originally posted by Skullmonkey

You have to location's correct, but do you have the rare item ability learned, and turned on. That is the only way to get the item's you want.

Dragon Fang (Island closest to hell and Shumi tribe area)- From Blue Dragon w/RARE ITEM ability receive as a battle prize or w/LVL DOWN ability from Tonberry Level him down between 1-10 and receive it as a battle prize.

Energy Crystal (Esthar)- From Ruby Dragon w/Rare Item ability receive as a battle prize.

Yeah I have the rare item abilty, and I Tried LV Down too....maybe I didn't do it anough, I'll try to level them down all the way from now on, cheers....i'll either attempt to get some Dragon Fangs again or i'll mess around on THPS3...

My advice is, don't believe the hype.

I think a lot of the people who go on about how great the games are, only do this because they know if they say that they don't like a popular game, they become public enemy number one. Same happened with FIFA games. When a better alternative came along in the shape of ISS, people were reluctant to buy it because FIFA games have better graphics and have been around longer.

All I can say is try it out for yourself. Different people have different tastes. But whatever you decide, don't just pretend to love it because it's popular.

Originally posted by Michaels

I've never played a final fantasy, are they really this good?

do you like RPG's (role-llaying games) if yeah then yes you will like FF games- they are one of (if not the) best series of games.

...man do i still remember the days of playing FIFA on the mega drive, FIFA series was great until it went on the playsation...it's kinda been going downhill since

Totally agree with you there Seabass, ever since Fifa 96 the series has gone rapidly downhill, they churn the same game out every year. ISS on the other hand has been constantly exceptional for years, apart from the PS2 version where Konami "sold out" and concentrated on graphics ahead of gameplay. Pro Evolution Soccer is slow, unresponsive, and doesn't reward attacking play. And why the hell are there only seven Premiership teams, one of them West Ham?! Very disappointing.

Guest SeeDub
I only know one person who isn't related or online that likes Final Fantasy...all the others gave up...it isn't too popular wround here..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SeeDub

I don't believe this...I finally get everything I wanted in the game, so I go to Lunatic Pandora, kick ass, and then find out my Disk 4 has a scratch down it!!

Grr...