Chatroom Situation

Kam

Hi,

Heres what I know so far:

"The servers are up and running and the software to run the chatroom is ok, however the actual chatrooms are having issues with the configuration. They have been worked on for a day and a half so should be back soon, but we have no date."

So hopefully not too long.

Well we kinda know what the problem is and its nothing that we have done. Somehow the company that "moved" the boxes have knackered something up and we are working on it.

Whats happening now is that the host is changing suppliers to someone more stateside. There shouldnt be much of a difference when its back up and running but we are looking at a few days at the least.

Sorry its so vague but I will update as soon as.

Cheers

and remember, we aint be hacked :D

Yeah, me leading a sad life and all, I haven't got much else to do, and the net being so boring nowadays, the chat is the only thing that keeps me sane (or drives me insane, depending on if Russ is there.)

And whats with the Russ loving??? Everywhere I look its Russ loving. If you wanna love Russ, do it here. :D :)

Just a quick one for you all wanting the room back. There are still some issues with the hoster and such that we are working to resolved.

Still cant offer a date im afraid but i am hopefull for the next few days.

Apologies that I'm unable to be a little more specific

Guest Jackie

waaaaaaa!

i wish they were back up! i want to talk to russsssssssss....and grappppppppppp.......and jessssssssssss.....and russsssssssss....did i mention russ? :bg

At the risk of getting back on topic.

Sorry about the room delay getting back up. Its an Us v Them thing at the moment and the support monkeys arent being that helpfull.

We know what the problem is (java install related... Seems that suns Java implementation is installed ok but something isnt right with the box its on) but working out the fix for it is a pain.

If i dont have it back up and running then I am setting up web hosting myself directly to people so I can hook that up to a box I will manage.

Cheers

mwnn

Guest S J Walker
Well I thought the Chat Room had been down for months, I haven't been able to get in since January. I don't get an error message or anything, I put my name in, click on connect and nothing happens. Can someone tell me why this happens?

As Rock would say

"Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah...Woah"

Bannings don't last for months. If you've behaved in the chatroom then I can assure you that you're not banned.

If it's not too much trouble, could you tell us which ISP you use, and what browser you have (IE/Netscape, and the version it is.)?

Originally posted by BRM

Your more than likely banned

If he was banned it would of said when he tried connecting.

The chatrooms have only been down for the last few weeks. I'm not sure why its not working for you, have you had any problems with any other java chatrooms?

Guest djdan

Q

Do you know when the chatrooms are giong to be open again kam? because it's the best darn chatroom i know :sick i am sick of waiting help me and fix them!!!!!!!!!!!

Noon all.

As you all know the rooms are back up after 2 days of nightmares and 1 very late saturday night by myself.

The rooms should be nice and speedy and lag not that much of a problem.

They will be up and down a little for a week or so till i find the right balance for it on the server.

Once I'm happy and indeed Kam is the icons will make a gradual comeback (and NO requests plz)

If there are any problems please let the mods know who will contact me and I will resolve them as soon as possible.

Hopefully the room being down for a while might have helped things chill out for a while so now its back up... in the words of Inno, Have fun go mad.

Guest S J Walker

Hello again.

Yes I was behaving in the chatroom so I see no reason why I would be banned.

I don't know my ISP or browser because I use my works computer which obviously, because of the type of server large business's use, is very fast.

However since you've stated that the chat room is back up I have tried and this time I'm actually getting an error message which reads...

"An unknown error has occured while connecting to the DigiChat server. Please contact the administrastor in charge of the site"

I don't know if this is because the chatroom is down again or whether there is actually a problem.

I'll try again later and see how I get on.

In the mean time you can check UPW's wrestling site at http://www.unitedprowrestling.com

Thanks for your help

OK, things may be a bit clearer.

If you're trying to access from work, then there's a chance that Firewalls are stopping you from accessing Java chats and whatnot. If that's not the case, then I can't see why you can't get in (Glad to see it's not being refered to as a ban anymore) so I'll open up the floor, so to speak, for any other ideas. Kam? Mark?