Is HHH-Hogan really so bad?

Sabba Simba

On this forum all I see is people bad-mouthing the main event for the upcoming PPV Backlash between Tripper and The Hulk, comments like "I can't stand HHH" or "Hogan is past it". I think The Game v Hogan sounds good. It won't be a classic but both competitors are super-over so I am sure the crowd will be well up for it, making it a memorable occasion. Also, HHH is a fantastic wrestler. He's too big physically now, but he rarely has a poor match. And although Hogan is getting on and is nowhere near his peak he still knows his stuff. Also this match is something different. I groaned, as did much of the crowd, when HHH-Taker was announced, hence Hogans inclusion.

This match probably won't be as memorable as Hogans last PPV appearance, but I honestly can't see it being terrible. I hope I'm right, for Hogans sake if anything-gotta love The Hulkster!

Guest Jack_Halewood
Let's say this, Kawada couldn't get a great match out of Hogan, so HHH has no chance whatsoever. HHH has one of the worst movesets in the world, kneedrop, facebuster, knee attack and pedigree. OK, he has punches, but they're far from Gedo-level. It's not that I'd have been watching the show anyway, but the match quality will be crap if that's the main event.

I think the match quality will suck but it could get by if the heat is great, but the biggest problem the match could face is the ending and what to do, Hogan jobbed last month at mania and the chances of him jobbing two months in a row are slim to none, HHH will look like a complete idiot if he holds the title for one month and it'll completely de-value the belt, so the only options seem to be a DQ finish probaly from a mass run-in much like WCW 97-99.

Triple H has a fractured knee so hes not %100 Hogan is supposedly still suffering from his cracked rib so hes not %100 this match would be bad enough even if both guys were at there best but they are both carrying injuries. For once i have to agree with Jack Halewood (even though i stun myself to admit it ;) ) Hogan is not capable of having a good match with anybody there imense crowd heat at mania saved his match with The Rock and i dont think Triple H will generate anywhere near as much heat when he faces off with Hogan.I mean sure he is over with the fans but nowhere near the extent that the rock is and you get the feeling that everyone is just waiting for his heel turn which will probably come during this match because as Tajiri said no way Hogan will job 2 months running and it Tripper lost the title after a month it wouldnt look good for him at all so i think the only outcome will be a HHH heel turn even if this is the case i still think this will be a bad match and i certainly wont be paying £14 for the privelege of watching it

Guest Jack_Halewood
What do you mean 'saved the match'. It was a horrible match thoruhg and through, Mutoh running down to interfere and decapitate both guys wouldn't nhave saved it.

Hogan Vs Rock was the only type of match Hogan can pull off entertainingly. Two huge icons, creating a "spectacle". Now HHH is no Rock, and he isn't well known for pulling great matches out of less talented wrestlers.

His great matches have been against guys who tend to make their opponent look good. Jericho, Foley and Angle can all bring out the best in their opponents. Hogan can't.

lol jack if ure expecting kawada v misawa, with any guys in wwf, then stop watching. Well basically it will all depend on how the crowd react. Ive seen many a decent match killed by a dead crowd. Either way in ring Im not expecting much, but we'll have to see how the crowd react.

Guest Jack_Halewood
The only WWF show I've watched since last October was WrestleMania, since it's meant to be their best show. If it was this year, then, Jesus, I'm glad I don#t watch it.

So many are saying that the match will suck because it will. Its not like Hogan V Rock where the emotion of the match will take the focus away from the crap wrestling, and its time people remembered again just how bad Hogan can be.

I loved Hogan V Rock, and I stuck up for it from the moment it was announced, but this is so different. Theres no emotion involved, just an excuse for Vince McMahon to try and exploit Hogans name or for HHH to get put over by the biggest name in wrestling history, as if his ego needs increasing anymore.

I wont be getting Backlash because I'd just be cringing throughout the match at the idea of HHH winning cleanly or Hogan doing that stupid Hulk up thing again. *Spews.