slipknot

Hosgood

what is the appeal?

I like most kinds of music (hip hop, nu metal,R&B etc) but i really cant see why they have so many fans.

to me they just seem like a bunch of sick freaks in masks jumping up and down to pretty poor music. And the clown! what the hell is that about he just acts like an ass on stage he doesnt do anything else.

Their fans are probably the worst thing about them. Thousands of 10 - 20 year olds who think they're hardcore fans cause they wear the same hooded top or t-shirt every day. Try and ask them what their favourite song is and the majority will say (coincidentally) the songs released as singles or that are on kerrang.

Guest SeeDub

Corey Taylor sounds like he has a serious flem problem.

I hate the one with the big nosed mask too.

I don't mind people wearing hoodies and all that, but there are SO many Slipknot ones! And all the people wearing them are all in lower highschool! (11-15)

Is shouting music cool or what?

Guest Perfection

Their fans are a bunch of stupid teens who want to be 'different'

I liked a few of their songs but their whole 'image' is old and has been for a while now.

Hmmmm, Slipknot...

ba na ran na na na ra na ... wait and bleeeeeeeed ... da na ra na na ...

Key element of a song is that you should be able to make out the words without looking at a song sheet...that's why Leo Sayer failed. I'm not a big fan of Slipknot, they're kind of trying to be Pantera, Anthrax or Faith No More and failing with such an almighty brilliance. Oh, Napalm Death...they'd love to be them also, or urm damn it's just gone right out my head erm urm gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...anyway, these new-rock (I prefer weak as piss) bands are just a complete joke. You kiddies are getting a raw deal... Gayreth, Britney, S Club 7 or pap like Slipknot isn't much of a choice and it's no wonder you all either hate everything or are totally narcissistic and cheery beyond belief.

Hoodies...idiots with skateboards, not caring what they are actually skating on or felt tip penning their names onto.

I like slipknot alot, i think there a great band, one of my favourites. I dont go around wearing the slipknots hoddies, i dont even own a slipknot hoodie. Most of the kids that go round wearing them have only heard wait and bleed, and left behind most probably. I think there first album is great, one of the best albums i own. there second album is also great. they are also fantastic live. the ppl on skateboards do annoy me when they are out on the streets. i dont mind them in skate parks. i must admitt i cant make out what they say all the time, but at least 90% of it i can make out.

Perfection, they dont want to be different. they may actualy like the music, have you thought of that? "Moshers" in slipknot tops etc, only get grief and called names in the street, also get scally reckners causing mischeif..they wouldnt go thru that just to be different.

cant slipknot fans just be left to their music, without hearing this all the time.

Their image is alright, I guess (Mick Thompson having the best Mask), but I'm not really into them musically.

On the subject of Kids and Hoodies, this Kid (12-ish) came into the establishment where I work wearing a Less Than Jake Hoodie. He said that the guy in the shop where he bought it had said that LTJ were a band. Was this true and did we stock any LTJ albums?

I swear that it's a true story. I couldn't believe that some little Kid had bought a Hoodie without knowing who the band were.

Ah, the future of the country.

Guest SeeDub
Originally posted by Dean Douglas

I, on the other hand, do mind skateboarders, they're one of my big pet hates.

All I can work out from your sig is something about Brain Salary or something....Am I going in the right direction here or are my translating skills poor?

Hey,im one of them skateboarding hoodie wearing dude,or "mosher" as some ppl would call us and actually im a good skateboarder,not so long ago i broke my wrist,ollieing off a 50-50 boardslide :? I do practise alot in the skate parks and know quite a few good tricks :groov

Guest Jazzmaster
I think you're just knocking Slipknot because they are so popular. I'm not a huge fan but they are better than alot of similar stuff e.g mushroomhead or whatever they're called.

good point it is prob coz they are so popular. ppl are probably jealous.

Skateboarders, if they can do tricks in a quiet place i dont mind. but if there in the streets, car parks..shopping centres doing the same ONE trick over and over getting in the way of ppl, that annoys me. streets arent skate parks so they shudnt be used as them.

Guest Dean Douglas
Originally posted by SeeDub

All I can work out from your sig is something about Brain Salary or something....Am I going in the right direction here or are my translating skills poor?

Close.