From A Confused Person Who Does Not Have Sky

Cactus Jack

I don't think it's too bad at all really. The only way I can see this being a plus for the company is for the two "brands" to offer very different products. Seeing as some of the titles that have been split do present very different styles of wrestling, I don't see it as a bad thing at all.

Whilst one roster may be able to focus on a more hardcore orientated product, the other one gets the benefit of the Cruiserweight and tag divisions. This way the products on offer remain unique. If they were to split them, and have all the titles defendable on both programs it would kind of make the split a pointless venture.

If you just had two very similar programs, where the only difference was the wrestlers, how could either have a unique selling point? If this were the case then it would mean there had been little change from the way things were before the split.

In reality, I don't think the hardcore and cruiserweight divisions will get pushed enough to make the products different. If only they could have given one over to "WCW", and allowed them to have their own uniqe style of programming, rather than a cheap imitation of WWF. WCW's problem was the guys behind the scenes who ran the company horribly, so with the WWF staff on board surely they could have made it a success.

I know what you mean Jess, for instance Only one of the Dudleys can go for the Hardcore title, which they are both made for. I do think that that's a problem with the roster draft as much as the ruling about the titles though. If I'm honest there's a lot about the split that concerns me right now. I was excited at the prospect initially, but the more I think about it the more I can see wrong with it

I do think that the whole Roster Split thing is a good because it is different and gives everyone a shot, but like you said, if you think about it a whole lot, the more you can come up with faults. But i'm sure that as time goes on these faults will be found...questioned... and put right.

absolutely, lets hope they are. it would be impossible to get everything right initially. it's something that hasn't really been done with a promotion before. it's very much a work in progress, lets hope that as and when the faults are noticed they are ironed out asap.

Why don't they bring back all the WCW titles back apart from the WCW title?

Well if Vince thought he was buying all the WCW fans, when he bought WCW he was much mistaken. He'll always be hated for buying and destroying that company by people who loved all the history it had.

The roster split would have worked beautifully if they'd done it sooner and not bothered with the Invasion angle. Turned Smackdown into Thursday Nitro or something, and let WCW have its own style of programming.

They struggled to get a decent TV slot for he WCW shows, and weren't about to hand over the Smackdown timeslot, and by that time Vince seemed more intent on burying the company, and destroying the credibility its main stars had spent years building up.