*** Official Smackdown Thread - 20th January 2005 ***

Kam

Preview:

OH, CANADA!

JAN. 20, 2005

The Royal Rumble will be just ten days away when SmackDown! invades Montreal this week.

What could be in store one week after Kurt Angle pulled a fast one on JBL and his Cabinet?

Meanwhile, will Heidenreich get out of his Casket Match with Undertaker at the Jan. 30 pay-per-view? And can Carlito and his petition really oust General Manager Theodore Long from office?

Plus, will the Angle Invitational continue to roll on as SmackDown! crosses the border into Canada?

SmackDown! this week 20th Jan. (Spoilers for those not seen yet)

What did Theodore R. Long say at the start (all of it) and what did Kurt Angle say to Big Show when Show got mad? the reason I didn't hear is because nagging people in the house.. lol :lol

Teddy: It's time to shake up Smackdown!, Playa.

Crowd: OOooooooohhhhh

Teddy: I'm bringing some big name talent, right here to Smackdown!, Ya Hear?

Crowd: Wooooooooo

Teddy: Freddie Joe Floyd, Bastian Booger and T.L.Hopper will all make there return to the WWE, next week on Smackdown! Holla Holla!

Cole: G.m. Teddy Long with a massive coup for Smackdown!

Tazz: Whatta Rocketbuster, Cole!

Angle: So, Big Show, What do you make of Teddy's big announcement?

Show: To be honest Kurt, I'm a little worried about my spot.

Angle: Tell me about it, I hear Booger can really go

Show: Yeah? Well I heard that Toilet Lid Hopper's gimmick is white hot.

Angle: Well I heard that Freddie Joe Floyd gonna have complete creative control, over his character.

Show: Have you got any contacts in Japan?

Teddy: It's time to shake up Smackdown!, Playa.

Crowd: OOooooooohhhhh

Teddy: I'm bringing some big name talent, right here to Smackdown!, Ya Hear?

Crowd: Wooooooooo

Teddy: Freddie Joe Floyd, Bastian Booger and T.L.Hopper will all make there return to the WWE, next week on Smackdown! Holla Holla!

Cole: G.m. Teddy Long with a massive coup for Smackdown!

Tazz: Whatta Rocketbuster, Cole!

Angle: So, Big Show, What do you make of Teddy's big announcement?

Show: To be honest Kurt, I'm a little worried about my spot.

Angle: Tell me about it, I hear Booger can really go

Show: Yeah? Well I heard that Toilet Lid Hopper's gimmick is white hot.

Angle: Well I heard that Freddie Joe Floyd gonna have complete creative control, over his character.

Show: Have you got any contacts in Japan?

LOL

Carlito must have loads of signatures on his petition as people are always keen to sign it if it means a chance to get their mush on tv.

I was looking to see if I could see the Heidenreich dummy breathing but I couldn't...............and I couldn't see the one in the coffin breathing either, ho ho!

You must have a bigger tv than me Wyndorf.

I don't know what Rene thinks he looks like, that haircut is hilarious and he is even more Ronsealled-up than ever.

I assume Cena is going to lose the title next week so he get can promoted to the main event scene because of all his "good work" over the last few months?

What was the point of those Rumble qualifing matches? It was pretty obvious who would win them, and what in the hell is Scotty 2 Hotty doing in the Royal Rumble?!? The SD participants in the Rumble match are laughable!

I know i keep saying this each week but now its certain Eddie will turn heel and drop his ''Lie, Cheat & Steal'' gimmick, after screwing it up 4 times now, he will end up coming out sometime and saying something likie 'I concentrated too much on pleasing all of you fools, rather than winning my matches'', kind of a Jericho late 2001-Early 2002 rant!

Could we see, Carlito vs Theodore Long at WM! :P

I'm impressed once again with the Taker-Heidenreich and the WWE title match build up! Top Stuff!

Decent show apart from the crappy Rumble qualifying matches!

I know i keep saying this each week but now its certain Eddie will turn heel and drop his ''Lie' date=' Cheat & Steal'' gimmick, after screwing it up 4 times now, he will end up coming out sometime and saying something likie 'I concentrated too much on pleasing all of you fools, rather than winning my matches'', kind of a Jericho late 2001-Early 2002 rant![/quote']

The problem with that is that they basically did it before. Remember when Eddie turned on his tag team partner Tajiri and got cheered? WWE sent him out the next week to cut a promo almost exactly like what you've said there, and again, he got huge cheers and "Eddie" chants, despite the fact he was saying stuff like "Sometimes I get angry and you can't trust me. I cheat to win!". That pretty much started the Lie, Cheat and Steal gimmick.

I think that Eddie appeals to all kinds of wrestling fans, as he can work a great match, while still being a charismatic popular face with a unique gimmick. They'll probably try to turn him heel, but I can't see the crowd totally turning on him unless he does something unlikely such as aligning with JBL.