Hogan Nostalgia trip... Dead?

Inno

When Hogan was in the Black and White, he didn't seem quite so bad... enjoyable in fact... but seeing the red and yellow comeback on Smackdown just makes it seem like we're back in the 80's again.

Is Hogan's nostalgia trip over? Will he get booed again?

Yeh its dead alright. I came to my senses after he did the Hulk up on a Smackdown show after Wrestlemania. This isnt the 80s, and if Hogans not gonna modernise in any way, hes gonna get really irritating. I'm already finding the prospect of HHH v Hogan sickening.

Guest The Heel
Never liked him, hope he hulks up so much he has a heart attack. Big, red and yellow arse. Held back too much talent. Over rated piece of crap.

don't like hogan at all, can't wrestle etc etc etc.

He had a special match with the Rock at Mania, whether you liked it technically or not. He had reinvented his character with WCW, into "Hollywood" Hogan, but the step back to red and yellow Hulkster, is a huge backwards one which will lead to the fans getting bored very very quickly.

Guest carface

Hulkamania never dies!!!!!!!!

I just cudnt sit back and read the crap u were sayin bout Hogan!

He made wrestling what it is today if not for him wwf wrestling might have gone under or may have taken alot longer to progress.

Also the crowds love him you thickos theyre booing the Rock for [Edited] sake if that dont tell u anything then nothing will!

And as for the red and yellow, well just as the man said himself all the experts said that Hulkamnia was dead but it always rises back up again and youre witnessing it right now brother!!!!

No Swearing.

Edited by Skullmonkey

Carface, why must you call us thickos?

Yes the fans are loving him right now, but as was seen when he went to WCW, whilst the initial wave of fan support was huge, he was forced to reinvent himself as people got sick of the red and yellow Hulkster.

His nWo character was great for his career, and he played a good heel. But it wasn't long before people were sick of seeing him there too due to his lack of actual in ring talent.

Now he's gone back to the red and yellow 80's style. Now as Hogan isn't a great in-ring performer, he lives off his charisma and his character. Now the character he looks like he's going to play, is one people were sick of by the end of the 80's I'm starting to think that the Rock should have been his retirement match, lets be honest, it isn't going to get any bigger than that one.

His match against the rock was very good. But honestly i do think that Hogan has worn out his time in the WWF and wrestling in general. Admit it, he's old. Not saying that older wrestlers should all pack up and leave and stuff. Just Hogan has been around for EVER, and sure he did kinda help to make the WWF today, but by him sticking around, and wearing out his character even more, don't you think he is ruining it?

I suppose if he sticks around for too long he could ruin the character, however I think the return to Yellow and Red is just a costume change, he's still playing Hollywood Hogan and not the Hogan of the 80's.

Guest Rob McKay!

The WWF is just a big hulkacrap right now. It will be along time before I tune into raw or smackdown again. Maybe when I see the match length/ promo length reversed then maybe then I'll tune in. 5 minute matches and 20 minute promo's just don't do it for me I like 20 minute matches and 5 minute promo's.

[EDITED]

Keep It Suitable, Rob

Edited by Russ