Muhammad Ali

Anime Otaku

:worship The Greatest Of All Times!!!! :worship

If you're boxing fan of any kind you should care! :xyx

You COULD say that or you could disagree. Personally I'll disagree cos A) I think your wrong and B) I'm arguementative :lol

Seriously though, when you look at people like Jack Johnson, 'Sugar' Ray Robinson(the original Ali, yes not a heavyweight but still could of been the G.O.A.T, Lennonx Lewis (Ali couldnt beat sensible fighters as easy), Rocky Marciano never lossed. Yes hemay of been the best of a poor bunch but the fact is he never lost, Joe Louis, Archie Moore (incredible record) and many more. I just cant remember them.

Ali had no defence and used his speed to get him out of situations that other heavyweights would have exploited. Lewis at his best would have beaten him, and he's not the greatest of all time either.

Ali, the greatest personality in boxing of all time but not the best boxer.

Happy birthday to him though.

Ali had no defence and used his speed to get him out of situations that other heavyweights would have exploited.

Ali vs Foreman anyone? Foreman was hammering him when he was on the ropes, yet Ali still took it all. And with Ali his speed was his defence.

There's a difference between simply hiding on the ropes and covering up so a big lump without much finesse can no be able to pick holes in where you arms are and let him punch himself out, and having a tight defence.

Don't get me wrong, Ali's strategy against the bigger and much slower Foreman worked a treat but against a boxer who was more capable of picking quality punches and finding holes, as opposed to just throwing in massive clubbing shots then that would never have worked.

Ali's defence was his speed, it was his only real defence, and my point was that against a boxer who could have exploited that (and there are quite a few) he would have come undone.

I think Ali was a class guy, and a great boxer, I just don't think he was the greatest I've ever seen that's all.